Ayr 28/08/08

Ayr 2:40 Lisbon Lion - Came 3rd LTO in a class 5, now stepping down to class 6 the Colt has really come into stride recently with a 4th and 3rd consecutivley, this time with the step down in class and trip it has a very good chance of coming 1st over the favourite Signalman who came 2nd LTO. Starts off at a mark of 59 which is quite fair in its form and has a good chance of coming home in this class 6. Lisbon Lion 1pt Win.

Re: Ayr 28/08/08 3.40 Wotashirtfull @ 3/1 This Wotashirtfull is an ultra consistent performer at this level, and this race looks a good opportunity for him to get another win. There looks as if there could be a lot of pace in the race, however although Wotashirtfull likes to lead, he can sit just behind the leaders. He has the class to take a race like this, and showed that when finishing 3rd last time and 3 runs ago in better quality races. He drops back down to his level today, and looks to have something in hand over his rivals. The Ryan yard is in decent form, so I am hopeful of a good run. 4.40 Amicus Meus @ 3/1 (NAP) Today's NAP in my opinion. This horse has had problems in the past, and as a result he is a very unexposed, and potentially well handicapped 4 year old. He did really well to win 1st time out this season at a huge price and the trainer said he was a really decent horse. 2nd time out he was a running on 2nd behind the capable Seamus Shindig and with an extra yard he would have been ahead. That was over 6 furlong and today he is stepped up to 7f, which will be in his facour. Last time, I feel the run can be ignored as it was a messy race and Amicus Meus did not get an ideal run. Despite that, he was still a very creditable 4th behind Earlsmedic, who won easily and then followed up a couple of days ago. Despite all these excellent performances over 6f in good races, he still only has a weight of 9-1 over a better trip of 7f. With all these positives, and very few negatives I cant see him out of the frame, and I really think he should win. The opposition are decent handicappers, but Amicus Meus has the potential to go on to better things if he likes the step up in trip. :hope:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.