ATP & WTA New Haven & WTA Forest Hills 17th-23rd August

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven 17th-23rd August

I'll change the thread title because I know you'll be making a play;).
Ta, you betcha I'll be making a play. :drums There's only 2 or 3 players on the list I wouldn't trust to batter her 2-0. No prices yet but at New Haven, I quite fancy Kanepi against Mauresmo and I expect her to be a dog there, not the 3.50 that Dechy was tonight unfortunately but hopefully fair enough value. She's been pretty solid this year and put in some strong performances at the olympics, beating Pennetta and Razzano before losing to the v.impressive Li in 3. Mauresmo's suffering from low confidence and poor form, talking about retirement and so on, and she lost quite easily to the only semi decent opposition she faced at the W&S, so it should be worth taking a talented powerful player like Kanepi here yes.

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven & WTA Forest Hills 17th-23rd August DANIEL @ 2.83 Pinnacle. Daniel looks worth a shot here. He played pretty well last week pushing Melzer to 8-6 in the first round and the Austrian showed he was playing well later in the week. Here he gets a chance against another lefty and looks a big price. He’s not got much experience on hard courts but has a lot of potential. Gremelmayr had a good week in LA upsetting a couple of big names out of form. He lost tamely to Roddick then similarly against Troicki who showed he was playing well in Washington. I’d rate these guys pretty evenly at the moment and wouldn’t have Daniel above 2.25. ISNER @ 1.72 Will Hill. The 1.72 available looks reasonable, and I think the Betfair price will settle lower. I think Isner's been playing OK recently, he's certainly picked up the past month. You know how this match will go for him, and I just see him being too solid on serve. Kunitsyn had a good week in Washington, but looking back he seemed quite fortunate. He's not very solid behind his serve, and I think Isner will be able to break him a couple of times. Reasonable price I'd have closer to 1.60.

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven & WTA Forest Hills 17th-23rd August

Troicki's coming straight from last night's final in washington and may be carrying an injury. I'd be surprised if he's in any sort of condition to be competitive.
i played it for 3.2 hope he does the job

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven & WTA Forest Hills 17th-23rd August Cetkovska 2-0 @ 1.72 on paddypower. Not much to say here. Muller struggles against anyone inside the top 250 and apart from a win against the unbackable Bychkova, she has not taken a set off a top 100 player for about a year. As long as there's no messing about, the Czech lady on her favoured surface should give her a reasonably thorough pasting. This being the WTA a 3 setter is always a possibility but 2-0 looks most likely and this is a good price.

Unlucky mate. Nothing for me again today.
I managed to salvage the day thanks to betfair jiggery pokery. That forest hills tournament is weird. US Open draw tomorrow. :drums I've taken Rafa @ 2.76 and Del Potro @ 42.00 as outrights so far. De Potro could've done with some stiffer competition in the run up but he needs that rest.

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven & WTA Forest Hills 17th-23rd August MAURESMO @ 1.58 Betfair. This is the first time I've backed Mauresmo for a long time, but this price looks reasonable. Szavay is woefully out of form and looks a shadow of the player we saw last year and at the start of this year. She's still been picking up a few wins, but almost exclusively agaisnt very poor opposition then she's been found out against better players. Hr serve isn't working well and she's making a lot of errors. Could say similar things about Mauresmo, although she does seem to be playing better lately. Semi finals last week and a couple of tough wins against Kanepi and Schnyder this week. She's a fighter and can win when not playing well, and I like her in this match up. CORNET -2.5 @ 1.83 Will Hill. This looks pretty reasonable to me. Hantuchova is on the comeback trail after injury but has struggled to get much going. She hasn't been past the 2nd roud in the 4 previous tournaments she's played starting at Wimbledon and has had some pretty weak losses. She came through a final set tiebreak against Govortsova yesterday but this will be a big step up. Cornet is playing reall well, improving a lot on hard courts and has a couple of decent wins this week over Vaidisova and Srebotnik. She should just be too solid from the back and should break Hantuchova regularly. H2H is 2-0 to Hantuchova both at the Aussie Open but Cornet has improved ramatically since then.

Could anyone tell me why odds for Bartoli are so high against Wozniacki ?( 3' date='75 in Pinnacle ) Any significant info ?[/quote'] She's had a poor year - but did hae a couple of decent tournaments in the US in the past 6 weeks. Wozniacki in good form, rising star, and has battered Bartoli twice this year. Price looks about fair to me.

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven & WTA Forest Hills 17th-23rd August I sort of agree with you on Mauresmo Mr.I. Szavay couldn't hold serve against Errani and was fairly lucky there, but I'll stay clear. Much better opportunities coming up. Muller hammered good and proper today. That's my girl.

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven & WTA Forest Hills 17th-23rd August VERDASCO @ 1.65 Pinnacle. Verdasco should be pretty solid here. He's been playing really well the past few months, and after a couple of setbacks the past few weeks he looks to be refreshed this week. He's come through so far without dropping a set and has been solid on serve. Fish has done well this week, but to me he's always on the edge of taking a thumping. He's have to serve at his best just to keep this close otherwise Verdaso should be far too strong from the back. Solid fav. WOZNIACKI @ 1.57 Ladbrokes. Couple of youngsters rising to the top of the game but today I have to take Wozniacki. She's looked good this week and is in very good form. Cornet really struggled on serve yesterday and there are rumours of an injury affecting her serve. Wozniacki is sure to take advantage and at a seasonable price with a 1-ball bookie this looks a decent play.

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven & WTA Forest Hills 17th-23rd August CHAKVETADZE @ 1.95 Centrebet. Just had a little bit on Anna Chak here as Centrebet are out of line and getting bigger than Betfair and Pinnacle is always nice. I really like Chakveadze, but she's really struggled on serve this year. Recently it seems to have got a bit better and she's got some beter results this week. If she can get a bit of confidence going she'll be far too solid for Mauresmo who is also playing better lately. Just taking this on price I think 1.80 is about fair in this match.

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven & WTA Forest Hills 17th-23rd August CHAKVETADZE @ 2.46 Pinnacle. Backed both of these ladies in the semis so it's good to see them in the final but makes it harder to choose a side. I'm willing to go with Anna Chak who is showing her best form for quite some time. She's had personal and serving problems, but appears to be getting it back together and is a class act when in form. Looking at finals, Chak has a very good 8-3 record including winning her last 7 including wins over Petrova and Jankovic. Wozniacki is 4-2 but only one at WTA level, and that was against Dushevina. This is a big step up and a very big match for her. This should be a close final, and I'm willing to go for Chak at this price.

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven & WTA Forest Hills 17th-23rd August Chak was a set up and doing well, but really fell apart later on. CILIC @ 1.85 Canbet. Just because I'm going to stay up to watch it! Fish came through a very strange match with Verdasco yesterday and I'm willing to take him on here. Cilic has been pretty good all week and has a massive amount of potential on hard courts, maybe he's starting to realise it. He is capable of very poor displays, however, so is Fish. Fish playing at home should have a good crowd which is an edge, but I still think he's worth taking on. I think the fair price for Cilic is around 1.70-1.75.