Ladbrokes

LouW

Has anyone heard about Ladbrokes moving over to the Microgaming Network? This will be happening in the beginning of 2009. Quite surprised! So that lead me to do a search on Google with regards to Microgaming Networks and I found this site called Pokertime who are currently doing a $200K monthly leaderboard. So I have registered and will keep you posted as to how I do. All you have to do is play, earn loyalty points and hopefully gain a place on the leaderboard and the part that I really like is that they are not only paying out prize money to the top 3 players, but to the top 150 players.

Re: Ladbrokes It's a bit peculiar really. The Microgaming Network site (aka Prima???) already lists Ladbrokes as one of their sites. I guess there are two sets of MN sites: 1) (Prima) which are like the Boss sites and they all have the same player pool playing on different skins. 2) Those that use MN software but have their own players only.

Re: Ladbrokes

It's a bit peculiar really. The Microgaming Network site (aka Prima???) already lists Ladbrokes as one of their sites. I guess there are two sets of MN sites: 1) (Prima) which are like the Boss sites and they all have the same player pool playing on different skins. 2) Those that use MN software but have their own players only.
It is quite perculiar - as I posted this on a few other forums that I have joined and quite a few people have come back saying that Ladbrokes had already joined the MN network a while ago - but there is an official posting that I picked up through google when searching for special events. So I don't quite understand. ;)

Re: Ladbrokes Ladbrokes has always used Microgaming poker software, but has operated its own stand-alone network until now. It was more common back in the early days of online poker when Ladbrokes started their room to operate as a stand-alone than it is now. Also by just using the software, rather than the network, it allowed Ladbrokes to be completely free of US players. You would only be playing against other Ladbrokes punters. What they are doing from next year I believe is joining the network for tournaments and higher-stakes cash games where they want increased player numbers.

Re: Ladbrokes

Wow that is interesting - must say I do feel sorry for the US Players. Thank you for your reply. I will keep you posted if I find out anymore information.
i feel sorry for me:sadnow i dont get all the drunk fish early on a weekend morning:wall i signed the petition they had at the wsop,there were 1000s of people who had signed it including most of the big pro's. the number of poker players probably just about outways the religous loons in the us now,so i reckon it will change after the next election. sure i read somewhere that obama was gonna change it back:hope