Hedge Betting

I was wondering if many people on here used hedge betting as a way of making money. For those who are unaware Hedge Betting ( or trading) is backing a selection at odds and then laying it back at smaller odds for a larger stake to lock in a profit. e.g BACK : £200 @ 5.0 LAY : £222.22 @ 4.5 If the selection wins you get £800 winnings minus a payout of £777.77 leaving profit of £22.23 If the selection loses you lose your £200 stake but win £222.22 from your lay leaving you with £22.22 profit. If been practicing this for some time on the horses with fairly impressive results. I'm now looking at leaving work after Grand National to try this full time. I feel it's certainly a realistic possibility to make constant profits this way. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or tales on this strategy.

Guest raylin47

Re: Hedge Betting Have tried this with football with limited success ,betting on correct scores with bookmakers who are out of line with the average odds given and then laying on the exchanges Kettleracing.com have just started a service using special software that highlights these opportunities although you would need to be able to trade full time to warrant paying the subscription fee.They are 50 points in profit this week alone and 1000 points since developing software.My concern is that if they have too many members they could saturate the exchange market.Anyway at 10 pound a point 500 pound a week can't be bad good luck

Re: Hedge Betting Here is a tale of woe pub112.ezboard.com/fpuntersloungefrm11.showMessage?topicID=1266.topic I'm sure you are very well aware of the dangers though. Haven't tried this on the horses myself - basically because I am not able to confidently judge which way the market is going to go. If you feel you are, I say good luck to you but be careful :) I do hedge in-running on football - but I would not really say I was trading because I am simply backing when the price is too high and laying when it is too low. I am not necessarily trying to lock in a profit regardless of value. I'd be interested to know how you get on so keep us informed

Re: Hedge Betting Do most of trading on horses before race goes off so in-play should never be a problem. Do a little on the football too but can be more dangerous. Backed Man Utd @ 1.6 for £100 at halftime yesterday and then laid back to lock in £40 when they took the lead. Ok, it cost me £20 as they won but it meant I could see the rest of the match heart attack free knowing Id already made a profit. Disclaimer: Above is not meant to be taken as after-timing, more as an example of a benefit of locking in profit.