The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! - August08

morlspin

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics!

32Red is fine especially if the structure is better. :ok Wouldn't it be network wide anyway? (Gnuf, stans etc)
Think that's right (and BetonBet, NordicBet, ...). I expect most of us have an account on at least one of them. Probably worth experimenting beforehand just in case, though.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Been looking around PokerStars and Laddies tonight initially at deepstacks for the Marathon. Stars deepstack is $10, starts 5pm, I think only Sat/Sun. 5000 chips, 30min blinds. There were 1425 in today and at midnight there were still 100 left. It was paying 216 places starting at $15.67, but 100th for 7hrs work was only $19.95. I'm preferring Laddies $1000 Gtd, at $4. Daily at 7.30, 4000 chips, 15min blinds. Today's had 289 in, and was down to 5 left after just over 5hrs. It's paying 30, starting at $8.09 up to 1st $317.96. Feasible for a week night or would we have to do it one Saturday?

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! I found an interesting one on Stars for the 100m relay (but with an extra leg :tongue2) or perhaps it could be our 110m hurdle. Quintuple Shootout turbo. NLHE, 1500 chips, 5min blinds. $2, runs daily at 20.15. 4 to a table, winner of the table progresses to the next level and there are 5 levels, so a maximun of 1024 entrants. Pays 64 places from $15.36 to $327.68. Will have to see how quickly it fills. Reg opens at 14.15. Tonight's finished at 23.26 so just over 3hrs, which is I think feasible for during the week. Anyone any experience of it?

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Also looked at the Killer turbos on Laddies. I think they are all daily. NLHE $10 at 20.00, $6 at 22.00, $5 at 17.45 and $4 at 0.45, so unfortunately only the $10 is feasible or the $5 on a weekend. 2000 chips, 3 min blinds (5 mins for the $10). Half the buy in is prize pool and half is your bounty. 200'ish entrants. The bounty amounts won are also shown in the lobby so as well as position points we could have an add on for number of scalps. The Omaha HiLo is $6 at 19.15. :D 2000 chips, 8 min blinds. 87 entrants in today's. Again, anyone played them and can recommend?

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Ah OK. :D I'm watching the PokerStars quintuple shootout lobby at the moment. With 40 mins to the off there's still only 289 in, so there doesn't seem to be a problem there. Probably just busier on the weekend. This is looking a cert for us this week. :ok

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! (copied post from the STT thread.)

We already have one event ready to go...just needs to have some BPP points sorted out for it... Clearly the Decathlon could be the PokerKings ''Set of 10'' challenge. :ok
I agree - we'll have this as our decathlon event. :ok I will put the event down nominally as Friday 29th, which is the last day of the STT challenge, but it is running from Mon 4th. The BPP points will be awarded (usual formula) based on your highest finishing position ranked amongst all the challenges. You can only score once, but any other positions you achieve will count as pushing others down the ranking. So if you finish 1st and 2nd overall, you will score BPP points for 1st and the next person will only score points for 3rd, points for 2nd are void. Does that sound OK? I know it's akin to allowing rebuys but I think in this case it's acceptable.

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! 400m RELAY event is the PokerKings weekly league (one score only at the end). http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f17/pl-exclusive-league-pokerkings-august-70870/ Weekly scores will not count towards the monthly BPP ranking but your final finishing position in the league after leg 4 will earn a BPP score. Everyone who plays will be eligible for this, irrespective of number of legs they have played.

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Right, we need to decide about Kinky Fridays/variant games. I would like to include at least one variant event each week, whether that be a standalone single game or a combination. I like the idea of the Laddies Killer Omaha for one week, and I'm sure we could find a stud, draw or horse game suitable somewhere. Are there any other variants we should try? We also have a couple of ideas for our Kinky Friday format. I don't think there is anything wrong with using our normal format for one event with say omaha, stud, draw etc. The only problem I forsee is whether I can incorporate the different scoring format that entails into my (as yet uncreated) spreadsheet. :unsure We also have the cash 'Medley' option. For this, I presume we need to specify a fixed buy in of say $5 or $10. And everyone would have to play every variant? It's proposed we do this on a microgaming site. I was going to suggest we have a practice run for it, but perhaps we should just go for it and if it doesn't work then we'll declare a false start and try again another week. Is it feasible to do it this Friday, or do we need to give it some more thought first?

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics!

Right, we need to decide about Kinky Fridays/variant games. I would like to include at least one variant event each week, whether that be a standalone single game or a combination. I like the idea of the Laddies Killer Omaha for one week, and I'm sure we could find a stud, draw or horse game suitable somewhere. Are there any other variants we should try? We also have a couple of ideas for our Kinky Friday format. I don't think there is anything wrong with using our normal format for one event with say omaha, stud, draw etc. The only problem I forsee is whether I can incorporate the different scoring format that entails into my (as yet uncreated) spreadsheet. :unsure(q We also have the cash 'Medley' option. For this, I presume we need to specify a fixed buy in of say $5 or $10. And everyone would have to play every variant? It's proposed we do this on a microgaming site. I was going to suggest we have a practice run for it, but perhaps we should just go for it and if it doesn't work then we'll declare a false start and try again another week. Is it feasible to do it this Friday, or do we need to give it some more thought first?
can use the same formula as before for 3 games if u like:ok just give 66% points for each game and then total that,seemed to end up pretty fair in relation to other nights scores. as long as someone tells me the new system i can work it all out and post the nights scores cant see any reason why it cant be done for friday,i would expect a few little teething problems but it should be ok:ok i would recommend a $10 buy in tho as 2 hrs is a while to play, it would surely be best if at least a few last all the way;). also might be an idea to switch to limit omaha/hilo:unsure .

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Table after Event 1 is in Post 1. :ok

I was also thinking for this month we could have an Olympic medal table where you are not only playing for BPP but representing your county or country. Gold, Silver, Bronze to the highest 3 finishing PL'ers.
If Jones, Pinky and Mad Duke will confirm who they would like to represent I will add the medal table. :clap

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Table after event 3 is in post 1. Event 4 is tonight's Be The Bounty on 32Red. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f17/32red-bounty-bpp-focus-game-sat-9th-pistol-shooting-71169/ Will have a night off tomorrow and I'll get looking at a schedule for next week. I've got my eye on the APAT UK Open Deepstack on Blue Square, which is on Thursday. Just need to check it is open to all and you don't have to be a member of APAT (or are we all anyway?) I want to do a Laddies Sports Day Saturday too, as they have added value. Trouble is they don't put exact details up til Friday I think, so it makes it a bit last minute. I may go for it anyway and hope for the best. I think we'll also have the V Roll, probably on the Sunday to give plenty of notice for the RH. And that Killer Omaha is still to do. Need to find some lower buy-ins as this week has worked out a bit $10 heavy.

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! as soon as you sign up to blue sq or a grovesnor you become eligable for apat:ok i like the $10 games tbh ,it seems most people are up for em and they have all been good value(last nite was comedy value:tongue2). i personally would much rather play a $1000 added than crazy freerolls:loon wonder what other peoples views on this are:unsure

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Still undecided about the APAT, mainly now because of time. It's an 8pm start on Thursday with 5000 chips/15min blinds, so I imagine it'll be an early hours finish, the reason why I abandoned the Laddies one for Sunday. It's also no added value other than the medals, unless you've been playing in the series. I'll sleep on it (again :lol). Events 5 and 6 now up for Monday and Tuesday. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f17/dtd-plwsop-satellite-bpp-focus-game-mon-11th-table-tennis-71233/ http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f17/paddypower-olympics-specials-bpp-focus-game-tues-12th-slalom-kayak-70683/ Weds is leg 2 of the PokerKings league counting towards your final league position. Saturday will be the 32Red Be The Bounty again, because PL has all 3 bounties. :clap

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! OK, decided not to go with the APAT game as focus. Felt we needed a couple of freerolls to get some more scores on the board. :ok Thursday will be Virgin V Roll, so get your raked hands in. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f17/virgin-v-roll-bpp-focus-game-thurs-14th-gymnastics-floor-71330/ Friday is the Poker Trillion Affiliate freeroll. There is a maximum of 1000 for this so please get in as soon as you can in case it fills. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f17/poker-trillion-500-affiliate-f-r-bpp-focus-fri-15th-greco-roman-wrestling-71290/ Saturday is 32Red Be The Bounty with 3 PL bounties up for grabs. There was added value last week as the $1000 guarantee wasn't reached. It's not showing in the lobby just yet. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f17/32red-bounty-bpp-focus-game-sat-16th-triple-jump-71332/

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Updated table in post 1. :ok

The BPP title will be awarded at the end of the month based on your best 5 scores.
Might need to change this and bring the award forward now some of us have 5 scores. :tongue2 I think I've discovered how GaF managed to be BPP for so long. :lol

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Table updated. :( :lol I was thinking we'd have a day off again Sunday, but now realised we've not have a variant focus game this week, plus we skipped kinky Friday so some of you will be needing your deviant fix. So, at last, we'll do the Killer Omaha HiLo on Ladbrokes. :nana http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f17/ladbrokes-killer-omaha-hilo-bpp-focus-game-sun-17th-weightlifting-71515/#post1159669

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Can't get tonight's updated table up as my keyboard has died on me. I'm now on the laptop, but the spreadsheet is on the PC and I can't get at it without my keyboard. :eyes Will try hitting it again tomorrow to try to get it to work. :lol