The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! - August08

morlspin

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! What a great idea...very impressed with the linking of Poker games to Olympic events. I know the BPP structure should have been openly discussed before now but I personally didn't want to be seen having a dig at the absent GaF who did a splendid job with the BPP table. {This is not in my nature...but any criticism could well have been seen as such!} My one problem with the BPP was always that massive freerolls with thousands of players had a vastly greater effect on the standings than smaller tournaments with maybe higher entry costs. So...my idea would be to carry on using the current scoring system...but then adjust them so that the top score is always 100. That way all games would count equally regardless of the number of entries. As an example...the BPP scores for last nights PokerKings game would have been low due to only 21 entries...yet that was one of the toughest games I have played in and it would be nice to know that every game carried the same reward. :ok

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Just had a few thoughts on possible events: Ladbrokes: 7.15pm $6 Killler Omaha HL. 7.35 $4 Deepstack. 8.30pm $5 Second Chance PokerRoom: 8pm $2 Turbo Boss: 7.35pm €3 F/O. 8.00pm €6 F/O Also with regards to Dodger's ideas on the BPP scoring system, an immediate issue that I see is with a maximum score of 100. This would mean that last night's league winner over 20 (albeit 20 PL) opponents would have the same tariff as when Heniek finished 4th of 18000-odd. Not sure this would be fair either.

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! i could sort something on fridays if you want:ok could do 1 different variant tourney each week but a nice decent stack +blinds. so week 1 omaha week2 stud week 3 hilo week 4 draw could also have a monthly variant league based on this,sort of a special olympics;):lol

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Just having a quick look at a couple of your suggestions. Will look further tomorrow. :ok The Stans Wayne Mardle is a rebuy so I'll rule that out. (No rebuys in the Olympics :tongue2). BeTheBounty on 32Red is tried and tested so is definitely on the short list. Would be good to use the kinky friday games unless anyone knows any good regular games for variants. Increase the buy in to say $5 and have just one tourney per Friday with a bigger starting stack as uber suggests. I'll have a look at the Laddies games, but I know we've done their deepstack before so that should be one to consider. Marathon deepstack sounds tasty but need to check cost. I saw an email from somewhere today but that one was $100. Personally I'm not keen on the Pokerstars Sunday games we've played before as they don't seem to offer much reward for time spent but I'm happy to consider them if nothing more suitable. Thanks also for the input on BPP scoring. I'm going to set up a new discussion thread for it and copy the ideas across to keep them separate from this. :ok

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics!

Every day at either 5 or 6 uk time. $20 buy in 30 mins level 5000 starting stack. If that's the one he means. One thing if you go deep and final table it your looking at an 11 hour marathon!!
Cant see any at that time - can see one now tho :unsure

:welcome back BBP :clap
Are we bringing the backgammon back too? :unsure:tongue2 The $20 deepstack sounds feasible, just, if it's around 6pm. Would be ideal if reg opened early enough so people could reg in the morning as it shouldn't be a problem to miss the start if late home. Or we could do it one Saturday.

The Stans Wayne Mardle is a rebuy so I'll rule that out. (No rebuys in the Olympics :tongue2)
is it,i didn't even notice:loon(and i've cashed 2 of 2 on it:)) how about 110M HURDLES. a step tourney(maybe trillion might wanna get there grab a grand steps movin;)) give points for each position up the ladder you go,best finish counts:ok so say you got to step 4 and win the grand its 200 points, 2nd in step 4 170pts ,3rd 150 pts etc etc . if everyone posts their best position then it will be easy to allocate points etc. could run it over say a 5 or 6 hr period one evening,watcha reckon:unsure

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! This might be a nice solution ??

nb_olympicfreeroll380x96_roff.jpg
pixel2.gif
€3000 Freeroll League
pixel2.gif
Between 8th - 24th August at 20:00 CET we celebrate the Olympic Games every day with a €50 Freeroll and a €3000 Freeroll League! The name of the freerolls reflect that days event in the Olympic Games!
pixel2.gif
Read more »
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
signup.gif
pixel2.gif
New poker players can get up to €500 in Sign Up Bonus while playing poker at NordicBet! It´s very simple and you can earn a massive bonus that can boost your bankroll!
pixel2.gif
pixel.gifpixel2.gifpixel.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
Read more »
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
freerolls.gif
pixel2.gif
Daily Freerolls
pixel2.gif
14:00 $200 Freeroll 19:00 $500 Freeroll 21:15 $200 Freeroll 22:45 $250 Freeroll 02:30 $500 Freeroll 04:00 $200 Freeroll 06:45 $500 Freeroll 10:30 $500 Freeroll
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
Read more »
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
nb_handdayll180x80_roff.jpg
pixel2.gif
Hand of the day
pixel2.gif
We will pay you up to €30 every time you get the right cards dealt!
pixel2.gif
Read more »
pixel2.gif
pixel2.gif
nb_finnish180x80_roff.jpg
b0231b35f57a15de348c41f3243119c9_image.jpg €3000 Olympic Games Freeroll League Between 8th - 24th August at 20:00 CET we celebrate the Olympic Games every day with a €50 Freeroll and a €3000 Freeroll League! The name of the freerolls reflect that days event in the Olympic Games! €50 Schedule in Olympic Games 20:00 CET 8 August: €50 Opening Cermony 9 August: €50 Judo Finals 10 August: €50 Cycling -- Road Finals! 11 August: €50 Aquatics -- Swimming Finals! 12 August: €50 Canoe/Kayak -- Slalom Finals! 13 August: €50 Aquatics -- Diving finals! 14 August: €50 Archery Finals 15 August: €50 Shooting Finals! 16 August: €50 Weighliftning Finals! 17 August: €50 Tennis Finals! 18 August: €50 Table Tennis Finals! 19 August: €50 Triathlon Finals! 20 August: €50 Swimming Finals! 21 August: €50 Football Finals! 22 August: €50 Table Tennis Finals! 23 August: €50 Handball Finals! 24 August: €50 Closing Cermony Besides the Olympic Games Freerolls we will have a lot more "normal" €50 freerolls. Monday – Friday: At 18, 19, 20 (€50 Olympic Games Freerolls), 21, 22, 23 (€50) Saturday - Sunday At 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 (€50 Olympic Games Freerolls), 22, 24 (€50) So be sure to play all the freerolls in August, especially the 20:00 CET freerolls and you will get a chance to some grab extra money from our Freeroll League! The Prizepool for the €3000 Freeroll League! 1. €175 2. €160 3. €150 4. €120 5. €115 6. €100 7. €90 8. €75 9. €60 10-20. €50 21-30. €35 31-40. €25 41-50. €20 51-71. €15 72-100. €10 Ranking Points Pos alias points 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 Info: We will be updating the Ranking Points on the 11th, 13th, 15th, 18th, 20th, 22nd and 25th August! The Ranking league point system is calculated from; 1) Final position in the tournament 2) Number of players participating in the tournament 3) Tournament buy-in The higher placed finish, the number of players in the tournament and the higher the buyin cost result in a higher tally of points. 30% of the starting field in every tournament will receive Ranking Points.

When is that marathon deep stack?? :welcome back BBP :clap
Sorry pene times unsure been a while since i played on there. :eyes Pretty sure there was one on wkends which would be better for majority seeing it goes on so long it is a marathon after all :loon Will check and post :ok

For those who like to combine the 100m and Shooting, there are Killer Turbos on Ladbrokes:ok
Just been on Laddies and seen several of these at different times. Half the buy in is prize pool and half is bounty. Some with 3minute blinds, some with 5 minutes. There's also a killer omaha hi-lo. I like the sound of these for a biathalon. :loon (OK, so that's winter olympics)

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! I knew there was something else I was supposed to be looking for on Laddies. At the moment I'm thinking we'll probably play game 1 on Tuesday, as I don't really want to clash anything with the DTD satellite on Monday, but also don't see that as fitting in with this. So I'll be aiming to have our schedule for week 1 sorted by Monday night. I'll not be around much this weekend but keep the suggestions coming in the meantime. I will look at everything put up. :ok

This might be a nice solution ??
I've copied this post across to its own thread. I'm not signed up to Nordic but I think their freerolls normally get 1000's of runners? so individually these freerolls don't look good value, but the league overall might be. So probably not suitable for us as a focus game, but worthy of a look in its own right. :ok

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Got a mysterious e-mail today...

but reason for the email ..... OMG .... PL Olympics - what a fantastic idea :clap :clap :clap :clap A suggestion for you - Fridays kinky night could be a 4x100M relay. leg 1 limit omaha hi/lo for 30 mins leg 2 limit stud for 30 mins leg 3 pot limit omaha for 30 mins leg 4 nlhe for 30 mins. deliberately starting with limit events....then pot limit and finally no limit. With the no limit at the end every chance we'll be left with only one person at the end (rather than at the end of leg 1). Exact start (and end time) to be specified - players need to sit down, but sit out until the start time (or their balance will be wrong at the start) No rebuys allowed - buy in for $5 or $10 at the start of leg 1, then no extra money can be used. Your closing balance at the end of leg 1 is your opening balance on leg 2 and so on for all the legs. if more than 10 players, then it's multiple tables - tables consolidate (if some are eliminated) only at the start of each new leg (and not during a 30 minute period). Maybe a 4x400m event could be either deeper starting stacks or longer times on each leg.

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! Hmmmm, I take it the Mysterons are referring to a private cash game? Hope I'm understanding this correctly, we won't need any sort of poker tracker running as it's a 'last longer' game not a profit chase, but we'll need to keep a close watch on what order we bust out for positions? I suppose this could also class as the swimming individual medley event (do they still have that?) :tongue2

Hmmmm, I take it the Mysterons are referring to a private cash game? Hope I'm understanding this correctly, we won't need any sort of poker tracker running as it's a 'last longer' game not a profit chase, but we'll need to keep a close watch on what order we bust out for positions? I suppose this could also class as the swimming individual medley event (do they still have that?) :tongue2
ive got pt stud and omaha anyhoo. i like the idea but i have a funny feeling we wouldnt even get past stud:sad problem is you cant alter the antes which are rediculous vs the blinds, so it becomes a donkfest:lol nice to see i have some fans tho;):$

Re: The Return of BPP - The PL Poker Olympics! yeah u still have antes in cash(stud) and you have no option to change it:eyes as its a $5 buy in we played micro limits before , the blinds were 2c 4c and the antes were 10c:eek so theres 60c in the pot with 4c to call,like duh:tongue2 to have a decent game i think you would need at least $20(i reckon nearer $50) and play 25c/50c which is then starting to get too dear for some. mind u i have just had a look at 32 reds private cash games and the antes are much more reasonable and adjust to the blinds:ok how does everyone feel about a new home there? i think quite a few people have accounts on there ,so it shouldnt be to much of a problem:hope