Goodwood 30/7/08

2.15 Som Tala 7/1 lad 12.5 pts e.w Often back this one and often runs with lots of credit without quite winning and whilst there is a real chance it could be a similar story today, i will take a chance, has run a little bit better than last year this season, possibly improved for being gelded and just went down at chester and not far away lto at asc., doesnt look that strong a race to me and will take a chance on channon despite his surprising lack of winners this year at goodwood so far this season. 2.50 Sayif 10/3 25 pts never won in his two starts but has come pretty close, two short head defeats for this highly regarded horse and lto possibly was a bit unlucky, couldnt quite catch bold front runner but still ran with lots of credit and also gave the impression extra furlong would suit. New jockey on board today, munro effectively jocked off after ride lto for seb which i dont see as a negative and could be potentially one of the smarter ones in the race, slight negative could be the quiet nature of stables form. 3.30 No bet but I expect HTN to win again and perhaps as an outsider Winker Watson may chase him home despite some stamina doubts as he is the only horse I see that is unexposed in comparison to the others and there are clear excuses lto, lost shoe and needing the run, stable form would be a bit of a worry though. 4.05 Colony 12.5 pts e.w 21/5 spo and Swinging Sixties 11/1 bog 12.5 pts e.w. Colony won lto at the royal meeting and even though cumanis horse could be weighted to turn that around, im not sure he will do as this is such an improving sort, 9 pounds rise for that decisive win lto may not be enough. He looks a horse ready to step into group company soon and it wouldnt surprise me if this was his last handicap run. Swinging sixties was very impressive for me lto, he made all that day and never really looked like getting beat, the third gives a solid feel to that form too, previously to that had been held up and with some success won fto and second as well. Probabaly will be harder to make all today, given 1 draw and in truth I dont expect he will but he certainly is going the right way as the winner of a race like this will need to be, only 3 starts so far so improvement very possible not mention stepping up in trip whcih looks as though it will suit to and interesting contender fro trainer whos handicap runners are worth a look. 5.50 Firestreak 11/4 var 25 pts Was at san lto to watch this one go down to Main Aim slightly unluckily on eclipse day, form of that has been maintained since although winner was overturned by rivals from that race, before that run the nice throne of power close even though he hasnt fulfilled his promise yet and clearly been running well so far this year, only three pounds up for last run and clear chance with stable in good form. Another bonus is that main rival Flawed Genius has so far been flawed and may need to move up in trip not down and horse like binanti and well come may need a bigger field to perform.

Re: Goodwood 30/7/08 Horse: Trenchtown (IRE) 14/1 ladbrokes Course: GOODWOOD Time: 4.05 Your Notes: Can be forgiven his run last time as the going was changed to soft by the time the race came round after heavy rain in the morning. Prior to that was a good 6th of 16 in the Heritage Hcap at Royal Ascot – a very respectable effort considering its status as one of the best 3 year old handicaps of the season. It was his run before that though that put him in the notebook. 2nd to the highly regarded Patkai, despite hanging left and having his run blocked he was only beaten 2 ½ lengths. The winner has since gone on to win a Group 3 so the form looks strong. Theres little chance of him encountering the ground he found last time so an improved performance can follow.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.