NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4

Sea Eagles eagles_0.gif Vs Fri 7:45 pm 1 st Aug 2008 Brookvale Oval panthers_0.gif Panthers
Storm storm_0.gif Vs Fri 7:45 1 st Aug 2008 Olympic Park, Melbourne titans_0.gif Titans
Sharks sharks_0.gif Vs Sat 5:30 pm 2 nd Aug 2008 Toyota Stadium dragons_0.gif Dragons
Cowboys cowboys_0.gif Vs Sat 7:30 pm 2 nd Aug 2008 Dairy Farmers Stadium roosters_0.gif Roosters
Rabbitohs rabbitohs_0.gif Vs Sat 7:30 2 nd Aug 2008 ANZ Stadium warriors_0.gif Warriors
Wests Tigers tigers_0.gif Vs Sun 2:00 pm 3 Aug 2008 ANZ Stadium bulldogs_0.gif Bulldogs
Broncos broncos_0.gif Vs Sun 3:00 pm 3 Aug 2008 ANZ Stadium raiders_0.gif Raiders
Knights knights_0.gif Vs Mon 7:00 pm 4 Aug 2008 Energy Australia Stadium eels_0.gif Eels

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 sonny bill saga has dragged on.....was stupid enough myself to put the money on bulldogs......but the way i saw them play they laced motivation/intensity/hunger....not a cent worth!maybe something wrong with the board.looks like one!so guys my advice is 1.never bet on the bulldogs even with the line 2.loads of point to be conceded by them ...so bet on overs

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 melbourne against the gold coast... melbourne giving up 24.5 points start...the weather forecast is not looking good for melbourne on game day....24.5 is about 5 more tries for melb. then gold coast....melbourne doesn't seem to play that well as well(loss against the warriors last start).....ill prefer gold coast with the start.....wats the thought guys?do u think im wrong/right with my logic?

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 Melbourne should have the 24.5 covered by halftime rain, hail or sunshine. After a loss to the warriors last week they should be fired up agaisnt a undermaned titans outfit. I would take melbourne with the start even if it was at -40.5. I also like the panthers +12.5 @ 1.67 with tabsportsbet

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4

Melbourne should have the 24.5 covered by halftime rain' date=' hail or sunshine. After a loss to the warriors last week they should be fired up agaisnt a undermaned titans outfit. I would take melbourne with the start even if it was at -40.5. I also like the panthers +12.5 @ 1.67 with tabsportsbet[/quote'] well ok......i agree with u on the panthers.....should wait for the melbourne game for a while

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 Tend to agree with RL Punter on the Storm v Titans game Harke. I haven't had a good look at the markets yet, but here are my preliminary thoughts... I said last week the Titans were on a downward spiral, and that has really shown in their last 2 outings. Melbourne will have too much strength, pace and skill all over the paddock, although if it is really, really bucketing down leading up to the game, it is worth another look. The Broncos will end the Raiders winning run, and look for Hodges to start getting back to his best. Does anyone know if Wallace is a confirmed starter? The Tigers should rack up a cricket score against the Bulldogs, as the Doggies limp towards Mad Monday. Is Hodgson back this weekend for the Tigers? The two toughest games of the round look to be the Rabbits against the Warriors and the Sharks against the Dragons. Speak to you soon guys. BetBuddha Bet to Win

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 Thanks Brad. And yeah RL Punter I think the Dragons will do it tough in the local derby. The Sharks welcome Bird back and I think this will be a tight, low-scoring game with the Sharks getting home. The Sharks defence will be too strong for the Dragons and expect their big men who play on the fringe - Anderson, Gallen and Bird to run all day long at Jamie Soward. They will make plenty of yards doing this and will play a typical low-error, field position dominated game. Take the Sharks to win at $1.70 with Betfair BetBuddha Bet to Win

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 Manly win by 1-12 margin Manly sit on tip of the table with Penrith in 7th spot. Manly should be looking to redeem themselves after their loss last week to the Roosters while the Panthers need to win as they have a few clubs waiting for them to slip up with semi final spots up for grabs. Both teams have been playing well in recent weeks and there doesn't look like there is much between them, but the Panthers do have a poor record at Brookvale which may swing the game in Manly's favour, as they do like to play at home, and would like to stay in top, considering they have the Storm next up. Melbourne win by 30+ margin Storm at full strength and off a surprise loss to the Warriors, now they are at home and at night where they play their best footy, against the Titansd with injuires to key players, means this will be a demolishen.

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 Leaving the storm game alone, I expect a romp, but not sure if they'll cover 25 pts. Only bet for tonight is Manly - 8.5pts, I've been convinced all season they're heading for the grand final, expect a routine victory tonight

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 Cronulla win by 1-12 margin Big local derby where 4th placed Cronulla meet 6th placed St George. Loss of Gasnier is a big blow for the Dragons while the return of Bird for Cronulla is a bonus. While the Sharks are not a team that scores alot of points their defence is very good and look for them to contain the Dragons who have played well lately. Also with the Sharks winning 4 fo the last 5 clashes ebwteen the two sides and 6 of the last 8 games at home between the two, they should be able to win, albeit narrowly. New Zealand win by 13+ margin The Warriors have won their alst 4 games on the trot and showed they are a threat if they make the semi's with a win over the Storm. Their pack of forwards did most of the damage and should cause ther Souths defence all sort of problems as the Rabbitohs look like they have given up after two thumpings in recent weeks. There is no reason to suggest that the Warriors will take it easy here as they need to keep winning to force a spot in the top 8 and with them winning the only two clashes between the two sides at ANZ Stadium, they should make it a hat trick of wins quite comfortably. Roosters win by 19+ margin The Roosters will be pretty happy with their performance after beating Manly quite easily last week and should do the same to a Cowboys team without several of their major players. They have a very good record in Townsville winning 8 of the 10 games there, and they should continue their to soidify their top4 spot on the ladder.

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 Wests win by 19+ margin With all the drama around the departure of Williams to France, it highlights the turmoil in the Bulldogs ranks. Things don't get better with them facing the Tigers who need to win here to keep their playoff hopes alive. The halves combination of Farah and Marshall should make numerous inroads around the marker position where the Bulldogs get lazy. Brisbane win by 1-12 margin Both sides are in very good form and this should be a close game, as both teams like to throw the ball around. The matchups between the two sides are pretty even but the expected big home crowd may be enough to lift the Broncos who have won four of the past six matches between the two sides as well as 6 of the past 9 games at Suncorp Stadium Newcastle win 1-12 margin Both teams know that the loser here can forget about their semi final aspirations. Of the two, the Knights have been in better form, especially with the likes of Buderus and Gidley leading the way. As for Parramatta, they have been ordinary and while you would expect an improved effort from them with semi finals up for grabs, the fact they have struggled to play well doesn't give you any confidence here. With the Knights having won 11 of the 16 games at home they should have enough here

Cronulla win by 1-12 margin New Zealand win by 13+ margin The Warriors have won their alst 4 games on the trot and showed they are a threat if they make the semi's with a win over the Storm. Their pack of forwards did most of the damage and should cause ther Souths defence all sort of problems as the Rabbitohs look like they have given up after two thumpings in recent weeks. There is no reason to suggest that the Warriors will take it easy here as they need to keep winning to force a spot in the top 8 and with them winning the only two clashes between the two sides at ANZ Stadium, they should make it a hat trick of wins quite comfortably.
Fully concur, 5 in a row for the warriors I think

Leaving the storm game alone, I expect a romp, but not sure if they'll cover 25 pts. Only bet for tonight is Manly - 8.5pts, I've been convinced all season they're heading for the grand final, expect a routine victory tonight
Ker-ching, 22-00 after 28 minutes, this is a total romp, be stunned to see them not cover the 8.5 pts spread Win number 10 in row in the NRL is heading towards me at full speed surely ?? Manly -8.5 at 2.04 was a great price as well :ok

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 Now upto 10 in a row in the NRL, can I make it 12 ? Two bets for me this afternoon. Warriors -2.5pts @ 1.98 on Betfair. Must win game for Ivan Clearys men as they continue their charge to the semis. The wheels have come off the bunnies strange mid season revival. Sharks -4.5pts 1.9 @ betfair. Home advantage and team news being the reasons, Greg Bird is back for the sharks and the dragons are without Ben Creagh and (more importantly) Mark Gasnier.

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 yea AJ i like the look of the warriors man...they are getting stronger defensively and yea souths defense is hopeless.......think warriors will win by a yard!!! pretty good weather around in sydney...so ill go with the overs in sharks game.....

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 Harke, the over bet on sharks game is always very risky... Not many of their games are high scoring. However, the line is set quite low which helps. I'm also going with sharks. Was going to go with the 1-12 but i have decided to go with the following bets: Sharks win ($1.52) Sharks ht/ft ($2.10) Sharks first to 10 ($1.70) Still hoping for a draw somewhere this round too. Good luck everyone with your bets

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 Sharks sneak home, but i don't cover the spread and my winning streak is over. Still at least the All Blacks looks like they are going to cover the 5.5pt spread. My night hangs in the balance, need the warriors to send me back into profit for the evening.

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 bad day at the office guys?maybe time to pick it up all the loss today ..... west tigers will win it for sure.....how many thats the main thing...my instinct tells me bulldogs will get a flogging....(again...no motivation/team spirit in the dogs squad)......too illdisciplined...as well tigers will have a hope of making the eight...so big game for them...!!!(good attacking side....bad defense but)..... brisbane will win it by a mile against canberra...home crowd ...bright and sunny day(not like the sharks game)...gathering momentum..and the great lockyer +hodges... GL guys!!!

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 Broncos 1-12 Broncos last three victories at Suncorp v the Raiders have all been by less than 12 points. Canberra coming off the beating they handed to the Titans at home last week, while the Broncos are coming off a tight win against the Sharks. Think the Broncos will have too much for the Raiders...home ground advantage, classier players, etc... (reasons mentioned by harke above), but don't think (hope) it won't be a blow out. Not sure about the Tigers v Bulldogs match, most factors point to a large Tigers win, but the Bulldogs are a bit of an unstable commodity to gamble on at the moment, imo. Looks like a high-scoring game, but the bookies have already covered that by posting the line at 50.5 points, too high for $1.90 imo. No bet for me. Good Luck all.

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 50.5 pts. more or less equals 10 tries huh???(assuming they will miss 5 goal attempts..no hodgson as well....so wich one do u think should go coolcricket?is it better to play around with 8-9 and 10+?profits each way??

Re: NRL Round 21 - August 1 - 4 I've lost half of last weeks profit, so i have half left... I will put half of what i have left on the following bets: Tigers first to 10 Tigers ht/ft Tigers win by over -6.5 Tigers -6.5 at HT Will put he remainder of the left over profit on the broncos game.