Great Leighs (eve) 22/7/08

8.20 Wrengingham - only found one too good last time out over course and distance - the well fancied favourite Billion Dollar Kid, who was rated 87, had been running in some hot handicaps, and had decent connections. There is nothing as strong as that rival in tonight's line up and T Keddy's runner is eased 2 lbs in the handicap (although Eddie Ahern does not claim 3 lbs as he did last time). However, The front three pulled well clear of the remainder in that aforementioned race and providing he can stave off the threat of Bazguy (possibly better off at the weights) then I fancy him to go in here. Jennifer's Dream has never raced on polytrack so happy to leave that out of the equation. Early price with Betfred 11/4. 8.50 Hurricane Hen has been in prolific mood recently in sellers and has comprehensively slaughtered everything in his path in this last two runs. He bids for the four timer here. He first came to my attention a couple of runs ago when he beat my two selections, Night Prospector and Monte Major, and showed that that form was no fluke by following up last time out with another comfortable win. If this race was a seller then he'd be the banker of the day, but he must improve to take this race as he is back in handicap company for this. He's only had one crack at a handicap in the UK since coming over from Ireland and finished last of 5 at Lingfield off 80. However, winning so well in lesser company should have boosted his confidence and now may be the right time to step him back up into handicaps. Richard Evans claims 5 lbs again and he runs off the same mark as LTO. Early Price Betfred 5/2

Re: Great Leighs (eve) 22/7/08 my best bet of the day would be to oppose hurricane hen 850 great leighs. rp sp 3-1. in very good form, but in a lower grade, so with stepping back into handicap company off a mark of 67, it does look a tough race for him against better weighted rivals who are open to showing their true ability. a lay at 3-1.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.