** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July rogers_150x59.jpg Place: Toronto, Canada Date: July 21-27, 2008 Draw Size: 56 Surface: Hard Website: www.rogerscupmen.com losangeles1.jpg Los Angeles, CA, USA July 21-27, 2008 Tier II Draw: 56M/32Q/16D Surface: Hardcourt/Outdoors Official Web Site: www.eastwestbankclassic.com portoroz.jpg Portoroz, Slovenia July 21-27, 2008 Tier IV Draw: 32M/32Q/16D Surface: Hardcourt/Outdoors Official Web Site: www.sloveniaopen.si

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Need a good week. Only 1 that appeals today. MATHIEU -2.5 games @ 1.9 Pinnacle. Mathieu looks a good thing today. Ginepri was hammred by Capdeville last week and there were rumours going around about another elbow problem for him. It looks like that could have been true as his serving stats were very poor and not sure what type of shape he's in today. He will possibly be using this as a tune up for Cincinatti where he generally plays really well and he will probably see as more important. He doesn't do well in the Masters in Canada, so far 0-4 in his visits across the border for this event. Mathieu is having a decent year and can be very effective on North American hard courts. Should be a comfortable win.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Looking at tomorrows matches...... BERDYCH -3.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. H2H is 3-0 o Berdych and Nieminen has definately gone downhill since those meetings. This year he has been poor, and despite getting a few more wins the past few weeks I still don't think he's playing well. These fairly fast courts should really suits Berdychs game and bar a mental lapse from the Czech I can't see Nieminen keeping this close. CANAS @ 3.00 Bet365. Just fancy this one. Soderling is in decent form all this year but still has a lot of question marks over him mentally. In possible windy conditions agisnt a good grinder I wouldn't fancy backing him as a big fav. Canas has been average this year but I still think he's capable of some big performances. As a note, the only time Canas has played Toronto was 2002 where he took the title beating Federer, Srichaphan, Kfelnikov, Safin, Haas and Roddick - wow!

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Andreev @ 2.0 Bodog Andreev has been plaing well reaching his last two finals. Monfils has been out since a grass court tune up with a shoulder injury. This will surely effect his serve against a claycourter who will take full advantage and break often. Andreev also has a huge forehand which will translate well to the hard courts. Andreevs good form along with Monfils lack of match play/injury is what makes this a solid bet.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Safin 1.7 @ Bodog Can't say enough about Safin's re-emergence. THe Semi-Final at Wimbledon and played well on clay before losing to a hot Starace. Keep in mind these are Safin's two WORST surfaces. He likes Australia and loves the hard courts of America. Actually won this tournament several years ago. His great return will be able to weather the storm that is the Sam Querrey serve. I see Safin making an impact this summer on the hardcourt swing starting here vs. Querrey.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July DAVYDENKO @ 1.66 Pinnacle. The market is definately moving towards Haas for obvious reasons, but I think it makes Davydenko a very reasonable price here. Haas is coming back to form, and looked very good against Moya in the first round, but we have to remember how poor Moya has been most of this year. Also last week Haas totally fell apart against Simon and Davydenko has a style that can really rattle the German. H2H is 3-1 to Davydenko, interestingly all in slams. I hink it shows how this match up will go, if Haas is at the very top of his game (US 2006, Aussie 2007) it will be extremely close otherwise (French 2005, US 2007) Davydenko will destroy him. Davy has a pretty average record in this event giving his seeding, but I just think this price looks decent. SODERLING @ 1.61 Will Hill. Verdasco has played a lot of tennis lately and you have to expect a let down at some point. Coming over from Uag on Sunday is pretty tough and it showed as he had a shocking start against Belucci. He managed to come through against the hard court novice but this is going to be much tougher. Soderling was sloppy at the start against Canas but once he got going there was only going to be one winner. He was playing very good tennis and showed more patience than I've seen from him before which was impressive in tricky conditions. H2H is 4-1 to Soderling showing this as a bad matchup for Verdasco and I think the Swede should be comfortable here.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July

How about Berdych Mr. I?Good value ehh?
I'm not sure. Similar price to that against Nieminen but Andreev has a lot more to offer. Played well in Umag then I thought he adjusted really well yesterday in beating Monfils. Prices seem pretty fair to me.

I'm not sure. Similar price to that against Nieminen but Andreev has a lot more to offer. Played well in Umag then I thought he adjusted really well yesterday in beating Monfils. Prices seem pretty fair to me.
will keep away from that then....i didn't knew much about andreev but saw berdych play very good/clinical against Nieminen.So in a way was way too confident.....anyway u proved my point.....thanks loadss...

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Hi guys, the following bet for tonight: ATP TOUR, ROGERS CUP, TORONTO FERRER TO D GASQUET @ 1.6 at Betfair The H2H is 3:0 to Ferrer with 3 very easy wins (6:1, 6:1 in their last match Masters 2007). Gasquet has better success playing defensively but he will have to attack against a much more consistent Ferrer.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July ACASUSO @ 3.42 Pinnacle. Simon got a stunning win over Federer yesterday but it has to be said roger was very poor just like a few of his performances in the first part of the year. Simon also coming off a pretty tough week in Indianapolis where he played a lot of tennis. Looking for a mental let down from him here. Not sure what's going on with Acasuso, he played some horible stuff last week but has come here and got 2 wins at massive prices. He's came from behind in deciding sets twice and his flaky confidence must be pretty high at the moment. He's done well here in the past on the type of hard court that really suits his game, and he's definately got a good chance here. Murray v Wawrinka OVER 22.5 games @ 1.83 Skybet. Just expecting this one to be close. H2H is 3-2 to Wawrinka. First meeting was in Davis Cup in Switzerland on clay when Murray was ranked outside 100 so forget that. They've met 4 times in best of 3 matches and 3 of them have went to 3 sets and the other was 6-2 7-6 so could easily have gone the distance and over the total. Wawrinka has played pretty well this week I thought he was good against Bolelli then got some good revenge over Safin. Murray served pretty poorly against Johansson but was still more than good enough to take it down in sets. I think Wawrinka will have good periods of the match and probably break Murray a couple of times. But Murray has a bit more game and craft from the back of the court and should be able to break Wawrinka too. Don't want to pick a winner but it should be tight. FERRER -2.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. H2H seems important here. It is 3-0 to Ferrer and really he's delivered 3 beatings (6-4 6-2, 6-1 6-2 and 6-1 6-1). Given Gasquets shaky form and confidence you have to expect another comfortable victory for Ferrer. Gasquet had a terrible 20 minutes against Llodra but had the class to pull through, then stuggled a bit with the Russian qualifier which you wouldn't expect. He did extremely well here in 2006 but that isn't enough for me to be interested today. Ferrer beat Ginepri comfortably enough and I fancy another straight sets win today.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Don't have time for explanations but my picks for today are as follows: Kiefer @ 3.0 No way his odds should be this high. Gasquet @2.6 took care of pesky player, watched Ferrers match and he did not play exceptional Gasquet will give muc more trouble Tursunov @ 2.2 Beat Blake last week and Blakes shaky play continues as he lost first sat to Bjorkman 6-1. Murray @ 1.7 One of the best returnmen in the game against A shaky serve on surface where he is comfortable and Wawrinka is not.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Taking a shot tonight.... ANDREEV @ 9.00 Blue Sq. This price just looks too big and is worthy of a few pennies - it's bigger than the Betfair and Pinnacle prices. Nadal started badly yesterday, but stepped up and Levine didn't have the answers. Here he is playing a guy who does have the answers - Andreev beat him on clay and took him to a final set tie break on hard courts in 2007. Nadal has undoubtedly improved a lot since then but still there are questions about him on hard courts, especially North American hard courts, and he hasn't won a hard court tournament this year in 5 attempts. Nadal has still done extremely well on hard courts this year and has a 20-5 record on hard, but he certainly isn't as effective as he is on clay or grass. Andreev comes in here after final appearances on clay in Gstaad and Umag and looks in very good form. He's already got a couple of good wins over Monfils and Berdych which should give him some confidence on this surface. Obviously it's a long shot, but I don't think it should be this long;).

blake v/s tursunov delayed by rain. isnt tursunov a very good bet at 3.00 ?? blake was on a roll and the break could only help tursunov. to recollect his thoughts and game.
Yeah definately a good time for Tursunov - just like it was last week for Tursunov against Blake. Also factored into the price is that Blake has held once which has quite an effect on the price in the final set. I certainly wouldn't be backing Blake at 1.50;)

Taking a shot tonight.... ANDREEV @ 9.00 Blue Sq. This price just looks too big and is worthy of a few pennies - it's bigger than the Betfair and Pinnacle prices. Nadal started badly yesterday, but stepped up and Levine didn't have the answers. Here he is playing a guy who does have the answers - Andreev beat him on clay and took him to a final set tie break on hard courts in 2007. Nadal has undoubtedly improved a lot since then but still there are questions about him on hard courts, especially North American hard courts, and he hasn't won a hard court tournament this year in 5 attempts. Nadal has still done extremely well on hard courts this year and has a 20-5 record on hard, but he certainly isn't as effective as he is on clay or grass. Andreev comes in here after final appearances on clay in Gstaad and Umag and looks in very good form. He's already got a couple of good wins over Monfils and Berdych which should give him some confidence on this surface. Obviously it's a long shot, but I don't think it should be this long;).
Totally agree with you Mr. I just logged on to write about this match. I've been on Andreev his first 2 matches and I'll tell you his forehand is blazing, he absolutely rips it. He's also holding serve relatively easily as he is usually broken often on clay. Nadal himself said that if he plays like he did against Levine he's in for a lot of trouble

Don't have time for explanations but my picks for today are as follows: Kiefer @ 3.0 No way his odds should be this high. Gasquet @2.6 took care of pesky player, watched Ferrers match and he did not play exceptional Gasquet will give muc more trouble Tursunov @ 2.2 Beat Blake last week and Blakes shaky play continues as he lost first sat to Bjorkman 6-1. Murray @ 1.7 One of the best returnmen in the game against A shaky serve on surface where he is comfortable and Wawrinka is not.
Wow, what a great day! if only Tursunov hadn't choked on his break points at the end of the 3rd. Lets keep this run going!!!

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Rubbish yesterday and only 1 for me today..... BLAKE @ 1.75 Betfair. I'm willing to go with Blake at this price. He seems to be playing OK at the moment, and looked decent yesterday against Tursunov - the guy who beat him last week. Kiefer did very well to come back froma a set and a break down against Davydenko but the Russian is capable of falling apart. I think this is a pretty good match up for Blake, Kiefer will come to the net and give Blake some decent targets. H2H is 3-0 to Blake but not important.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July I thought Andreev could have given Rafa a closer game if he hadn't fallen awkwardly after 3 points. As great as Rafa is, I wouldn't be at all confident backing him on this surface at that price against someone as talented as Gasquet so the value is with the Frenchman imo. If I do anything, I'll get on Gasquet with a view to trading. My leans. Wozniacki and Mattek should have too much class for their opponents, straight set wins. Safina was a bit lucky last night. No way should a player at her level be getting bageled. Still mentally fragile. I find little to dislike about Azarenka and took her at 2.5 but that price has been slashed. Possibly some value with Errani who beat Kirilenko in a tight game earlier in the year but the Russian has looked comfortable so far. May take Errani to start and trade.

rafa too good for Gasquet Mr. I?
I would have liked to have seen Gasquet against Ferrer because I'm really surprised he won, especially with such a comefortable scoreline (looks like no meltdown). gasquet has done very well on this hard court before and as keliot has mentioned it's a shame Andreev got hurt because at times it looked like he could push Nadal. I'm not fan of Nadal at this sort of price on hard courts just yet, especially against a guy with the shot making ability - and the backhand down the line - that Gasquet has. Almost talking myself into a play here - might make it later on:unsure:unsure

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July luck i guess. keifer would have been in his chair i think. a pathetic display of tennis. a level so low for a 1/4 final game is bad for viewers. he almost looked disinterested in the game.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Couple more for me tonight. Could call them "anger plays":lol:lol GASQUET @ 5.5 Stan James. I still think it's worth going against Nadal this week. He stepped up against Andreev but still found it tough in the second set and you have to wonder what would have happened if the Russian didn't hurt his ankle in the opening game. Gasquet got an excellent win over Ferrer which really surprised me and perhaps he's getting back close to his best. He has done very well in Toronto before and despite a 0-4 H2H (3 on clay) I think he's definately got a shot in this one. Overall it just seems like a strange week this one in Toronto, and I'm willing to search out a shock result. AZARENKA @ 2.25 Skybet. Safina really struggled with her serve in her last match against Kudryavtseva and eventually came through 7-6 0-6 7-6. Don't think she's anywhere near the form that she was a couple of months ago. Azarenka has been pretty solid this year, and should be strong this summer. She got a decent win over Stosur in the last round and I fancy her chances here.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Novak Djokovic is hitting the ball really well and I think he will have no problems against Murray. After Murray he will more than likely take on Rafa, who I am willing to lay. Rafa has been in great form leading up to this tournament but through this tournament he has been scratchy. And he has not won a hard court tournament since March last year. At $3.15 with Betfair take Djokovic to win the tournament. BetBuddha Bet to Win