** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Was thinking Kiefer last night, but the price has seriously shortened and I don't like it. I'll have a look later this afternoon and if Simon keeps on getting bigger I'll probably play him. MATTEK @ 2.24 Pinnacle. I like Mattek for the obvious reasons:tongue2, but also lately for her tennis. Since losing 6-0 6-0 to Sharapova in April she's really been taking singles seriously and got some very good results. She started in some ITF but also played well in much bigger events and in singles is 27-5 and this week she's been comfortable. She hasn't lost a set getting to the semis with some decent wins over Vaidisova and Govortsova. Pennetta has fought well to get through, and had some strange matches with Paszek (what's happened to her?) and Bammer. Noticed a lot of breaks of serve in her matches, and expect Mattek to be more solid on serve in this one.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Well I won't be going against Nadal again for quite a while. :lol Excellent first set and TB battle from both players, then Gasquet failed to convert a crucial 2nd set BP, Rafa got in gear and then I went to bed. Wozniacki, Mattek and Errani all did the biz but Safina showed up and Azarenka didn't get a look in. So Wozniacki 2-0 again for me @ 1.9 on PP. Errani's a decent claycourter with an unremarkable record on the hardcourts while Woz loves the surface and seems particularly well adapted here, dishing out battering after battering. Errani should find herself ovewhelmed and I'd be surprised if this is close in any way. H2h is 1-0 to Woz last year on clay. :hope :drums

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July

Was thinking Kiefer last night, but the price has seriously shortened and I don't like it. I'll have a look later this afternoon and if Simon keeps on getting bigger I'll probably play him. MATTEK @ 2.24 Pinnacle. I like Mattek for the obvious reasons:tongue2, but also lately for her tennis. Since losing 6-0 6-0 to Sharapova in April she's really been taking singles seriously and got some very good results. She started in some ITF but also played well in much bigger events and in singles is 27-5 and this week she's been comfortable. She hasn't lost a set getting to the semis with some decent wins over Vaidisova and Govortsova. Pennetta has fought well to get through, and had some strange matches with Paszek (what's happened to her?) and Bammer. Noticed a lot of breaks of serve in her matches, and expect Mattek to be more solid on serve in this one.
hpe this bring u sme luck/fortune

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July SIMON @ 2.68 Betfair. Kiefer opened with most bookies at 1.72 and I thought that was fair. Overnight he came in quite a bit and now I think Simon is value. It's very likely to be because people saying Simon is tired and there is a good chance of that. He mentioned that in an interview before the Cilic match and still played very well, it was 3 sets but wasn't very long and not exactly gruelling as Cilic just made a ton of errors after the first set. Also that was early in the day and Simon will have almost 26 hours to recover. Simon is in the form of his life and has won his last 9 matches including a win over Federer. He'll be tired but this is a big chance for him - in the big stages I think he's frozen in the past but maybe being tired he won't be thinking about that. Kiefer has played well this week, great comeback against Davydenko then Blake was appaling. Kiefer played well enough but didn't have to do much. Simon will make him work hard and make a lot of balls, and we'll really see how well Kiefer is playing. Also see how his nerves are, as it has been a while since he's been on such a big stage.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Simon looks tired today, going to be tough for him to get the win:unsure MURRAY @ 5.6 Betfair. Opposed Nadal in the last two matches, and going to do it again. Gasquet pushed him quite a lot, and as I’ve mentioned a few times Nadal does struggle playing high intensity matches in consecutive days on hard courts. It would have been better if Gasquet had kept it closer, but still it was a really tough first set. Murray was very good against Djokovic. I thought Djokovic was average – considering his level earlier in the year on hard courts – but Murray was good throughout the match. I think that match will be very important for Murray as I think a couple of years ago he thought he was better than Djokovic, then lost those meetings in Indian Wells and Miami and since Djokovic has achieved great things and Murray has stagnated. The belief he’ll get from that win should be huge, and if he can beat Nadal tonight then this week could be the one that makes his career. Of course the H2H is 4-0 to Nadal including a mauling at Wimbledon, but grass suits Nadal a lot better than hard courts. Murray pushed Nadal very hard in Australia on hard and it Madrid indoors, and I think this meeting will at least be close. Murray will have to serve very well throughout the match, but I’m looking for a new aggressive Murray full of confidence to come out and take it to Nadal and he has a chance.

So Wozniacki 2-0 again for me @ 1.9 on PP. Errani's a decent claycourter with an unremarkable record on the hardcourts while Woz loves the surface and seems particularly well adapted here, dishing out battering after battering. Errani should find herself ovewhelmed and I'd be surprised if this is close in any way. H2h is 1-0 to Woz last year on clay. :hope :drums
She can't hold serve. :@

Unfortunately Kiefer was slightly stronger in the deciding tiebreak. Could have gone either way really and good value in that bet.
Yep Kiefer was the better player the whole match but Simon kept on hanging on really well. Thought he was going to take it in the end. Shame about Mattek too, serve went off in the final set and her second serve was very weak towards the end. :sad

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Unlucky with Simon Mr.I. 0/2 for me today. :$ I was quite impressed by Errani, I really underestimated her despite backing her against Kirilenko yesterday. Had a good day elsewhere so I'm just going to watch Nadal v Murray. Vamos Rafa!

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July all in all a good season for andy murray - just watched match, nadal just too strong tonight though a good performance from andy, cant help but feel murray needs some kind of sports psychologist - he seems to go down in the dumps too easy when the slightest things or shots go against him, undoubted talent but could be better mentally prepared IMO. Nadal is class-apart though :clap

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Awful week. Can't wait for Cincinatti, making a play today to hopefully end the week on a high..... Nadal v Kiefer 21-26 games inclusive @ 3.5 Canbet. Got to be a Nadal win, but I think Kiefer can keep it close and this looks like a decent bet. H2H is 3-0 to Nadal all this year but 2 of them went to a first set tiebreak and that's what I'm looking for here. Kiefer had a long match yesterday but at least he was first up and has had a bit of time to recover. Nadal has now had a couple of tough late matches so maybe he starts a little sloppy which gives Kiefer a good chance in the first set. Looking for something like 7-6 6-3 just like the Murray match.

Re: ATP Toronto & WTA Los Angeles/Portoroz 21st-27th July Simon is playing Kiefer again in Cincinnati. I'd favour him there as he'll have recharged his batteries while Kiefer will becoming straight from what should be a demanding match with Rafa.