Chess wins!! - Inside Poker Magazine Sun City Freeroll with PokerTime - 29/7

avongirl

I can't actually see the tournament in the lobby yet so not sure when reg opens.

South Africa is one of the hottest destinations in the world, and with the pound so strong against the South African rand right now there is no better time to visit. And thanks to InsidePoker, in association with PokerTime.com, you can get there for free in the latest part of our five month series of $10,000 giveaways. This amazing series of freerolls gives you the chance to win one of five VIP trips to the Sun City resort in the awesome Pilanesberg National Park. While there you will have the chance to take in the jaw-dropping scenery, go on safari or simply relax by the pool. This is your chance to win big so don’t miss out – register now! THE DETAILS 1. Go to www.pokertime.com, download and install the software. 2. Register your details as a real-money user and create a username and password (no deposit necessary; existing customers also eligible). 3. Find the freeroll in the Specials Tab under Scheduled Tournaments and register using the password: pokertime On the day of the tournament open the PokerTime software before 8pm, and shortly before the tournament begins you will be seated at your table. FREEROLL PRIZES 1st: A $10,000 package including flights, accommodation and spending money 2nd-9th: A share of a $500 prizepool THE DATE Tuesday, 29 July 8:00pm Password: on p.21 of the August issue of InsidePoker magazine WHAT IS SUN CITY? Sun City is a luxurious holiday resort located two hours outside of Johannesburg in South Africa. The resort draws thousands of visitors each year to its four top-quality hotels, two world-class golf courses and the magical Lost City water park. Located only 187 km from Johannesburg in South Africa’s North West province, the resort is surrounded by the imposing mountains of the Pilanesberg National Park, which is home to the ‘Big Five’ – elephant, rhino, lion, leopard and buffalo TERMS & CONDITIONS: All prizes are restricted to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland. You must be over 18 to enter. Employees of Dennis Publishing and PokerTime are not eligible. You must be available to travel between Sep 1-13. Prizes are non-transferable. For full T&Cs see www.pokertime.com

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Inside Poker Magazine Sun City Freeroll with PokerTime - 29 July :nanathanks guys, but not quite sure what i have won. mag says $10,000 holiday with no mention of a poker tournament. but pokertime says entry in to a million dollar tournament (sun city). anyone know when it is ?. first decent win of the year, can i repeat it on thusday ?. long time since ive been buzzzzzzing.:nana

Re: Inside Poker Magazine Sun City Freeroll with PokerTime - 29 July Well played chess :clap The guy who won last month's posted on here http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f17/sun-city-millions-i-need-some-hel-69974/ Don't know if that's any help to you. Or perhaps try an email to Alun Bowden at Inside Poker. (He'll probably pop in around here once he knows you are a PL'er.) :ok

Re: Inside Poker Magazine Sun City Freeroll with PokerTime - 29 July

:nanathanks guys, but not quite sure what i have won. mag says $10,000 holiday with no mention of a poker tournament. but pokertime says entry in to a million dollar tournament (sun city). anyone know when it is ?. first decent win of the year, can i repeat it on thusday ?. long time since ive been buzzzzzzing.:nana
theres one more tourny next month so i think you'll be going in september. i think it said the date in ip a few months ago[ i'll have a look when i get a minute and let you know]

Re: Inside Poker Magazine Sun City Freeroll with PokerTime - 29 July Chess, I won the June FR. lamxk and scousemaster are the other two winners so far. The prize is $3000 entry into the main event with a $1000 add on also paid for. Flights accom and safari. Just one hitch at the moment, the site are asking for us to pay for our flights up front and they'll recredit our account. We're not sure about this, it's bit odd so am waiting for a reply from Alun at the mag. Look at liamxk's post on the IP forum. Can you send a private message on this one? If so I'll send you my email. Regards Colin 'Coluk50

Re: Inside Poker Magazine Sun City Freeroll with PokerTime - 29 July Hi colin, this is the only info i have found so far from the pokertime site,

• $1.5m Guaranteed ($3,000 Buy-In)
  • There will also be a Shorthanded, Omaha and Heads-up event
  • Guest stars include Shannon Elizabeth and Shane Warne
  • Event takes place at Sun City, Africa’s premiere holiday resort
  • Package includes flights, entertainment and accommodation for two and buy-in to the main event
  • Entrance to an exclusive cocktail party
  • Two tickets to a Gala Dinner to be held at the Valley of the Waves
  • A hostess to cater for your every need
  • VIP Check-in
  • Game drive to experience Africa at its best

I have also posted on IP, cant say i like what i have read. I will PM you my email address as you cant send PM. I will keep you updated with any info i receive, if you could do the same that would be great. can you forward me any info you have already. Very strange having to pay for flight upfront. Are you sure they are paying the addon ?.

Chess, I won the June FR. lamxk and scousemaster are the other two winners so far. The prize is $3000 entry into the main event with a $1000 add on also paid for. Flights accom and safari. Just one hitch at the moment, the site are asking for us to pay for our flights up front and they'll recredit our account. We're not sure about this, it's bit odd so am waiting for a reply from Alun at the mag. Look at liamxk's post on the IP forum. Can you send a private message on this one? If so I'll send you my email. Regards Colin 'Coluk50

I will PM you my email address as you cant send PM. I will keep you updated with any info i receive' date=' if you could do the same that would be great. can you forward me any info you have already. Very strange having to pay for flight upfront. Are you sure they are paying the addon ?.[/quote'] Chess, you won't be able to send a PM to Colin either as he's not got 50 posts. If Colin posts to say it's OK I'll send you a PM to tell you the email address that he used when signing up to PL and then you can email each other. Regarding the payment of expenses, unfortunately I don't think it's unusual for sites to be slow paying them. I know when runadrum won his trip to Goa the money came through just before we went so we'd already had to pay for the flights. I think the Everest expenses were pretty last minute too. I guess you have to weigh up how long you can risk leaving it to book flights and whether it will cost you more if you wait, against how likely it is that the site will not pay up at all. (unlikely? :unsure)

Hi colin, this is the only info i have found so far from the pokertime site,
  • $1.5m Guaranteed ($3,000 Buy-In)
  • There will also be a Shorthanded, Omaha and Heads-up event
  • Guest stars include Shannon Elizabeth and Shane Warne
  • Event takes place at Sun City, Africa’s premiere holiday resort
  • Package includes flights, entertainment and accommodation for two and buy-in to the main event
  • Entrance to an exclusive cocktail party
  • Two tickets to a Gala Dinner to be held at the Valley of the Waves
  • A hostess to cater for your every need
  • VIP Check-in
  • Game drive to experience Africa at its best

Are you sure they are paying the addon ?.

Hi Chess. Where did you get these details from. It's the first time I've heard that the trip is for two, great if it is. Re the add-on, the very first advert in IP re the freerolls says it is a $10000 VIP trip including $3000 buy in and $1000 add on. Alun has replied to the thread on IP forum so I think they're well on to it and we'll have the details soon. Should be a great trip when it's sorted. Avon, Thanks for your help. can you send chess my email please. Regards Colin 'Couk50' :cheers

• 3 weeks later...