** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 Osborne +7.5 legs evens var 10 pts Loads of different handicap options but Im taking this one for Osborne to get 6 legs. There is always a danger and a big ask against Taylor in this form for anyone to do that but Beaton in great from managed to cover the handicap last night and I think Osborne can do the same. Osborne really picked it up against King in his first match, lifting his average from high 80s half way through that match to mid 90s and it was a good perfromance in general against a quality player. Osborne sounded pretty confident in his interview afterwards and he has every right to feel that way considering his good floor results this year and general good play. In his last match against Taylor on the floor he actually beat him and he has the scoring capabilities to put him right in this match. Doubles can be a problem at time for him but as long as he can hit 6 of them tonight then that will do. Walsh 6/5 sky 10 pts Nearly put up Walshie in round 1 but was concerened that lloyd's run in the Bobby Bourne had put him back to his form of the spring where he was winning opens and reaching tv finals, in truth Lloyd didnt play that badly against Walsh but Walsh really turned it on. I backed him at huge odds in Vegas where the reports and results beforehand suggested that he was in some form and in the end he was a bit unlucky to lose to Wade, missing one dart to go 6-5 up if I recall. However his 100 average and classy perfromance in round 1 suggests he is right on his game atm. Mcdine won another match I was nearly tempted by against Lewis and played pretty well. lewis was pretty ordinary but McDine fought well from 4-1 down for a deserved win. Clearly he is a player who suits the stage as shown in the GSOD and then by his floor results since, particularly the last few months, which didnt match his stage game. However even though he is playing well he faces a really tough game in Walsh who is also playing really well right now and I think he can beat him. in truth if Walsh was in the bottom half of the draw I would think he could go all the way to the final imo.

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008

Aye' date=' nice shout with Walshie mate :ok. Monday not been so good for us though. Think we've both been mugged off with Mason's elbow :sad.[/quote'] Cheers fella.:ok Though the Mason "elbow" had me seething,though with the £4,000 on offer you can't blame him for playing,but a little hint might have helped us.Wonder what Betfair traded on that match;) My 2 today are Van Gerwen and Jones+6 (10pts each)and I can't really add to the write-ups by Woody :ok Glad I had Clark in my first round considerations,never put the write-up and went only with minimal stakes but enough for a couple o pints:ok

Read in Bettingzone's Market Moves last week that someone had £150' date='000 (to win £3,000!) on Phil Taylor at 50/1 on to beat Steve Beaton, with Stan James.[/quote'] 1/50!! I'm on Manley for next game he's beat Ovens everytime on tv.

Nice call on Baxter, Kev! ...And on VVdV 180s, he pissed it. 2/2 going into the MVG game.. 3/3!
Ta. A decent afternoon and two for tonight. 10pts W.Jones +5 legs to beat J.Wade 10/11 Betdirect I don't expect Wayne Jones to win this match but I do expect him to keep it tight. We saw in Bolton how lethal he can be when he took John Part to pieces. Wade can sometimes start slowly in tournaments in that his scoring isn't always it's usual high standard. For Wade to beat someone of Jones' class 10-5 is a big as whenever they play and I just fancy Jones will take at least 6 legs in this one. 10pts K.McDine vs M.Walsh - Over 21.5 legs 8/11 Blue Square I was going to back Walsh tonight but I learnt the hard way about going against McDine in the Grand Slam. This promises to be a really good battle and a high quality one at that too. Both averaged well over 95 in their 1st round matches and probably looked the two best players aside from Taylor. I can't see either man running away with this one. Both score heavily and a pretty reliable on the doubles. I wouldn't be overly surprised if we saw sudden death in this one but I'm confident whatever the end score that it won't be worse than 13-9 either way.

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 McDine and Walsh saved me from a bad night. +23.70 for the day and now +5.97 for the tournament. 10pts A.Tabern to beat J.Part 6/4 William Hill Alan Tabern was very impressive in the 1st round, coming from behind to beat Vincent van der Voort who was peppering the 60 for a while. Tabern hit an amazing 20 140's in that match so he scored really well as his end average of 95.75 showed. John Part was poor in his 1st match. I'm sure a lot of that was down to the fact Mason wasn't good either but Part hasn't been in great form since he won the world title really. Certainly in the majors at least. Part will have to up his game considerably to match Tabern's 1st round effort. Tabern looked really good in Vegas and continued that form here and I think he'll see off the world champ in this one. 10pts M.van Gerwen to beat W.Mardle 11/10 William Hill Michael van Gerwen won a belter of a match with Andy Hamilton on Wednesday, eventually coming through 14-12. His 93 average was a very good one. He wasn't perfect but given Hamilton's style I was surprised he came through that one but with Mardle's style suiting the Dutchman much more here, I like his chances. Mardle's basically running free in this tournament. He knows he should be out by now but Dudbridge kept him in the tournament with missed doubles. Mardle had been playing well but he didn't play all that well against Dudbridge. He's always prone to missing doubles which won't help, especially as that's the Dutchman's strength. It's a pick em match really so at 11/10 I'll pick van Gerwen. 10pts T.Eccles to beat R.Barneveld 10/3 Skybet I thought Eccles played a lot better than his average of 88 suggested against Kevin Painter. Missed doubles contributed to that a fair bit though. I know Eccles is playing with a bit of an injury but I'm sure he'll be fine for this match. The adrenaline should get him through if nothing else. Barney was to put it bluntly, awful on Tuesday night. A guy averaging 82 threw for the match at 9-8 which says it all. I maintain Barney doesn't like this venue. He was awful when the Premier League was here and even started using earplugs. Eccles is a solid enough player and I think he's got the game to send Barneveld packing.

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 Afternoon session great, evening session not so which puts me -4.87 overall. Fancy some in the afternoon tomorrow, would perhaps fancy Baxter against Wade in the evening if the price was too big but it would have to be too big because Wade hit some form early on tonight. 3 outsiders here. Priestley 5/4 var 10 pts Priestley will have to up his first round performance because he played poorly there but I believe he can and will. Jenkins started of poorly against Roy only then to pick up and show some of the old Jenkins and hit some crucial pressure shots to win, notably a 127 on the bull with Roy waiting to level. However it is still too early to say he is back to his best form, far too early in fact. Thats because Jenkins' form in 2008 up to now has been distinctly average, shown on the floor as much as anything, only one q/f I believe. Priestley on the other hand has been in top form of late, beat Jenkins on Sat in the Bobby Bourne for one and is well capable of upping his first round game and grinding out a win here. Tabern 6/4 wh 10 pts Tough to draw conclusions from Part's first round game as effectively it turned into a bye, although his average and perfromance was nothing special but then again it didnt need to be. However what i do know is that in Tabern he is playing a player of top quality in probably the form of his life. He showed that once again in round 1, 6-2 down to a then in form voort, he turned it around in top style to win 10-8 and was hitting his doubles with a lot more regularity than earlier. He will need to do that from the start against Part but I believe he can do so and also Im not really convinced by Part's form of late and the world champion maybe vulnerable. Van Gerwen 11/10 wh 10 pts Could well be a classic between two natural entertainers. Both of whom are here because their first round opponents missed darts to beat them, Dudbridge against mardle and Hamilton against MVG. However of the two the Dutchman impressed em much more in round 1 and unlike Mardle he wasnt handed the game after his opponents misses. Dudbridge simply folded after his errors and handed the match to Mardle imo, Hamilton didnt against MVG and instead the Dutchman showed impressive courage and battling qualities to win, something that perhaps one or two may have thought wasnt in his game. Given that I just give him a slight edge in this game, of the two I would say he is in marginally better form, first round averages show that too and I think he can win.

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 Im going to go vs the flow today on majority of the games in todays afternoon session jenkins v priestley jenkins looked to be almost back to his old self of 12months ago with 92.5av and taking out 160,127,120 checkouts my bet of the day is terry jenkins to win part v tabern tabern is really on a roll of these past few months, but john part still has that extra level, failed to find it at times vs mason but then it could be down to the fact he was strolling the match. as when he had to produce a 140-180 or a double he usually ended up pulling it out the bag. im going no bet for this one but if i was pushed to bet i would say part is terrific value which could at least be traded lower on betfair in the early stages. i cant get on the neccessary sites at work (as blocked) but i think best bet here maybe the overs/unders bet and betting on overs as personally i see this going 13-11 13-10 and no bigger win margin van gerwen v mardle this going be real great match up i must say may have butchers on the 180s market later on, but i personally feel van gerwen has had his big win of the tourney he doesnt tend to go deep and he is very inconsistant, i hope this isnt the case as i like mvg! mardle was coasting the other day then almost out. yes he got lucky. but he still had win that leg and hold just to be level. from that dart which he went 9-10 behind he was strong as ever! my bet wayne mardle to win

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 I've backed Jenk aswell, also thought Jenkins highest checkout at 1.91 at sj was a decent price after all those 3 dart checkouts against Roy :hope ..At least that ones down the toilet nice and early!

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 Backed MVG over 4.5 180s, Mardle over 4.5 180s, MVG vs Wayne Mardle over 8.5 180s and Wade vs Baxter over 8.5 180s... MVG scored 4, Mardle scored 4, 8 in the game and 8 in the Wade game!! If thats not worth a moan I dont know wha cunting is..!

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 +2.63 so far and already on Priestley for todays match and quietly confident despite Taberns form. Just one today. Mardle 5/2 var 10 pts Barney may have won easily last night but he is still far from convincing. Eccles just didnt really turn up yesterday and missed too many doubles early on to be competitive. Barney may have been better than his first game but thats not saying that much and quite simply he is a player who seems not at ease with himself and Mardle has a real chance against him tonight and shouldnt be the price he is considering the Dutchmans form. Mardle actually found a little bit of form against MVG right at the end of that game and he could well carry that into tonight. the crowd too could be a factor, there will be huge support for Wayne and it will be interesting to see how Barney reacts to that, quite simply I think Wayne can beat him.

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 Taylor v McDine McDine +7.5 SkyBet 11/10 10pts I'm amazed this price is on offer,yes Taylor's in great form but McDines' no mug.He put up a great showing in the GSOD and seems to be excelling here under the camera's again.He won't be overawed by Taylor and playing him will raise his game. After beating Lewis and Walsh,who have both played well,then i'm confident he can take the 9 legs required to land this bet.

Taylor v McDine McDine +7.5 SkyBet 11/10 10pts I'm amazed this price is on offer,yes Taylor's in great form but McDines' no mug.He put up a great showing in the GSOD and seems to be excelling here under the camera's again.He won't be overawed by Taylor and playing him will raise his game. After beating Lewis and Walsh,who have both played well,then i'm confident he can take the 9 legs required to land this bet.
I'm not having a bet today but I have to say I do like this one mate. I'll be secretly hoping for my Priestley outright that McDine wins and the beating Taylor effect hits him in the next round :lol.

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 +57.63 now for the tournament with all the outrights now settled and that will probably be it for me this week which would mean 3 pretty good dart events on the trot. From now on I would expect Taylor to beat Wade in the final. Would be suprised to see anything but those two in the final, of the two I can see Taylor being troubled slightly more in the semis but i would still expect him to prevail.

+2.63 so far and already on Priestley for todays match and quietly confident despite Taberns form. Just one today. Mardle 5/2 var 10 pts Barney may have won easily last night but he is still far from convincing. Eccles just didnt really turn up yesterday and missed too many doubles early on to be competitive. Barney may have been better than his first game but thats not saying that much and quite simply he is a player who seems not at ease with himself and Mardle has a real chance against him tonight and shouldnt be the price he is considering the Dutchmans form. Mardle actually found a little bit of form against MVG right at the end of that game and he could well carry that into tonight. the crowd too could be a factor, there will be huge support for Wayne and it will be interesting to see how Barney reacts to that, quite simply I think Wayne can beat him.
Nice call Woody, made me some money back on McDines failure:ok
I'm not having a bet today but I have to say I do like this one mate. I'll be secretly hoping for my Priestley outright that McDine wins and the beating Taylor effect hits him in the next round :lol.
:lol:lol:lol

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 Taylor v Preistley Priestley +7.5 11/10 SportingOdds 10 pts With Taylor in ominous form then this bet will be really on the wire but again it's a great price and one that I can't leave alone. Preistley went back home for a nice long rest after his victory over Alan Tabern and with every game he's played going to the maximum amount of legs without a tie-break then he deserved it.And thats why 7.5 legs is a huge amount to give to a bloke who never gives up,He's took Taylor all the way in quite a few matches and with his long laborious throwing style then he can slow Taylor down to whatever pace he wants. Averaging around 92.5 for the tournament so far he can easily hang onto the tail of Taylor and take the required 10 legs needed to land this bet.

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 Ive been tempted to do one for the final. Wade 3/1 spo 7.5 pts Not full stakes and regardless it will be a good week but I just wonder if there is one more sting in the tale and at this price Im going to find out. yes Taylor in his wonderful form is the most likely winner but the more and more I think about it Im drawing to Wade. At the start of the week I felt he may have been slightly vulnerable if he was in his Vegas form but clearly he is not. He has been so impressive throughout, storming into big leads and despite the odd little blip he has had such a cushion that it hasnt mattered. His only average game he still managed a 97 average in a win over the consistent Clark and that compares favourably even to taylor. His demoltion job of Mardle just proved once agin how he has matured so much into the near complete player. The key I believe is that Wade will do something that none of Taylors over opponents have really done this week and that is hold his throw with solid 15 darts and better in legs. That is what Priestley talked about last night but i believe Wade has it in him to do it and force Taylor into the magic 12 darts or better legs that of course he can do but i sstill very challenging particularly if the match gets tight. If Wade can do that enough then Taylor has a fight and regardless of Taylors great form I can see Wade given him a real and much better test than the PL and Vegas when he wasnt quite in this form or quite right for the match so quickly after his semi.

Re: Darts: StanJames World Matchplay 2008 for the final not a lot of value in any market , however i think i may have found something tasty, Race to 5 legs, WADE @13/8. the one chink in the armoury of the power has always been that he is inclined to start slowly, and indeed when he last played Wade in the final here 3 years ago i recall Wade went about 4 or 5-0 up, so for me this is a good bet to take on. To Win First Leg WADE @6/5. should be a no brainer, as we all know the players throw nearest the bull to see who starts in the practice room, and Taylor usually should he be nearest, usually give shis opponent the throw, i am not certain that he STILL does this, but with the power usually needing handful of legs to get into the game, this is another good bet.