NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14

NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14
Panthers panthers_0.gif Vs Fri 7:45 pm 11 July 2008 CUA Stadium, Penrith knights_0.gif Knights
Roosters roosters_0.gif Vs Fri 7:45 pm 11 July 2008 Sydney Football Stadium titans_0.gif Titans
Sharks sharks_0.gif Vs Sat 7:30 pm 12 July 2008 Toyota Stadium eagles_0.gif Sea Eagles
Warriors warriors_0.gif Vs Sat 7:30 pm 12 July 2008 Mt. Smart Stadium cowboys_0.gif Cowboys
Rabbitohs rabbitohs_0.gif Vs Sat 7:30 pm 12 July 2008 ANZ Stadium eels_0.gif Eels
Dragons dragons_0.gif Vs Sun 2:00 pm 13 July 2008 WIN Stadium raiders_0.gif Raiders
Broncos broncos_0.gif Vs Sun 3:00 pm 13 July 2008 Suncorp Stadium bulldogs_0.gif Bulldogs
Wests Tigers tigers_0.gif Vs Mon 7:00 pm 14 July 2008 Campbelltown Sports Stadium storm_0.gif Storm

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Penrith -6.5 Newcastle +6.5 Syd Roosters -16.5 Gold Coast +16.5 Cronulla +4.5 Manly -4.5 Souths +6.5 Parramatta -6.5 Warriors -10.5 Nth Queensland +10.5 Brisbane -16.5 Bulldogs +16.5 St George Ill -12.5 Canberra +12.5 Wests Tigers +8.5 Melbourne -8.5

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Hey Brad, Bird is not just in doubt mate, he is definately out. Manly are over the odds presently and I think they will have way too much strikepower for the Sharks. With Orford, Lyon and Menzies all playing at the top of their game, and Brett Stewart always a danger, I think they will have a few too many points in them for the Sharks, whose attack is poor. Look for Manly to strike back from their loss earlier in the year and take Manly -2.5 @ $1.95 Another team to back this weekend is Parramatta. Although the Eels haven't been playing great footy of late, they will be far too strong for the Rabbitohs on Saturday night. The Rabbits are backing up from a golden point win on Monday night where the standard of football from both teams was poor. Very poor in fact. While Parra weren't great against Penrith, they have the attacking flair to score a lot of points and given width and space, can play against the best teams. The Rabbits' defence is slow and clumsy, and the Parra backline will exploit and get plenty of time with the ball to score points. Take Parramatta to win at $1.50 and-6 at $1.90 BetBuddha. Bet to Win

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Why are the odds like that then? The only reason i can find is Cronulla have won 10 of the last 11 matches between the two sides at Toyota Stadium. Unless Manly have any major injuries, which it doesn't look like as you mentioned orford, lyon, menzies and stewart... I think i remember the same sort of odds in the same game last year, the outcome was 1-12 i'm pretty sure (i think it may have only been one try difference), but i can't actually remember who won....

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Newcastle Not much between the two teams who have players out injured. Newcastle continue to be competitive during their games while Penrith can be unpredictable. Both sides have some decent set of forwards but their in inexperience in both backlines. Without Buderus, the only player that stands out in this game who can make a big difference is Gidley, and in the form he is in with their good record over them, look to the Knights with an upset victory. Newcastle have won five of the past eight and three of the past four as well as four of the past 5 at Penrith. Gold Coast +17.5 With the number of injuries that the Titans have, and especially with their key players out, this is expected to be a very one sided game. However to underestimate this Titans side would be a mistake as they play very much a team oriented game without too much focus on their stars. Look to them to play it very tight and conservative, as they will look to contain the Roosters side. While the Roosters should still win this, the Titans should not be such a big underdog in this game, considering the two games between the sides have been close games. Last year, the Roosters wons 24-18 at the SFS before the Titans hit back with a 22-18 win at Skilled Park.

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Cronulla Big game between two traditonal rivals with Cronulla from the south against Manly from the north. Both teams have a very good defensive pattern while Manly has the better attack. However, Manly are prone to giving away alot of penalties and Cronulla do have the players like Kimmorley to take advantage of it. Cronulla have won 10 of the last 11 games at home, and they did win 16-10 at Brookvale earlier this season. Look to them to make it a double Warriors win by 13+ margin With Tate and Price back, the Warriors look a much better side in defence and attack while Thirston is back for thr Cowboys but they are missing a few other players and are low on confidence considering they have lost their last 9 games. While the Cowboys have the better recent record, in the last two clashes at Mt Smart Stadium it is the Warriors who have thumped the Cowboys, winning 34 - 14 and 26 - 0. Warriors are only 2 wins out of the top 8 and will see this as a must win game if they are to get there. Parramatta win by 1-12 margin Souths continue to give big leads to the opposition but they played two poor teams in the Cowboys and Bulldogs. You wouldn't expect the Eels to be so generous. While Souths have played well to win 4 straight it is Parramatta who will be more desperate to win, as they have lost 3 of their last 4 games to sit outside the top 8. When coparing the two sides, it is the Eels who have the better players and with a good recent record against the Bunnies, where they have won six of the past eight games, then they should have a better discipline to withstand any comeback and win narrowly.

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Only one bet to kick off tonight and it's a round bet: Highest Winning Margin of Round - Souths @ 51 TAB Souths have only been playing one half of footy lately and pretty soon they are going to have an 80min performance. The Eels are prone to poor, eratic form and lazy defence and the odds available for this one is nothing but value.

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 St George win by 1-12 margin The Dragons have won their last 7 games and you would expect them to make it 8 here, however the Raiders will make them work all the way. There is concern that the Dragons may be looking ahead to the date with the Storm in Melbourne next weekend, and may take the foot off the pedal here. There is a warning in their last weeks game against the Storm that the Raiders are a team that like to roll their sleives up to get the job done and will give the Dragons a fright like they did to the Storm last week. Dragons in a close one. Brisbane -18.5 The Bulldogs capitulated last week against Souths and shouldn't expect to score as many as they did then, here, as will as there defence will struggle to hold out the rested Broncos off a bye and with Lockyer back. The Broncos are very tough to beat at home and the Bulldogs will be very deflated that they couldn't get a win against Souths, and they looked very very tired at the end of that game. Look to the Broncos to keep close tabs on Sonny Bill Williams while their backs and forwards should make easy metres out wide. Broncos win this easy. Melbourne win by 1-12 margin Wests are always hard to bet down in Campbelltown while are always hard to beat no matter where they play. It took the Storm quite a bit of time before they shook off the Raiders and look to the Tigers to push them all they way, as they will be hoping to send Hodgson out a winner in his final match in the place where rugby league started for him. While the Storm will look to make a happy 250th game for Geyer. Hard to see the Tigers stopping the Storm juggernaut but they will be in the game for a long time. Melbourne have won 6 of the last 10 clashes between the two sides, and of these, 4 were by 12 points or less.

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14

Newcastle Not much between the two teams who have players out injured. Newcastle continue to be competitive during their games while Penrith can be unpredictable. Both sides have some decent set of forwards but their in inexperience in both backlines. Without Buderus, the only player that stands out in this game who can make a big difference is Gidley, and in the form he is in with their good record over them, look to the Knights with an upset victory. Newcastle have won five of the past eight and three of the past four as well as four of the past 5 at Penrith. Gold Coast +17.5 With the number of injuries that the Titans have, and especially with their key players out, this is expected to be a very one sided game. However to underestimate this Titans side would be a mistake as they play very much a team oriented game without too much focus on their stars. Look to them to play it very tight and conservative, as they will look to contain the Roosters side. While the Roosters should still win this, the Titans should not be such a big underdog in this game, considering the two games between the sides have been close games. Last year, the Roosters wons 24-18 at the SFS before the Titans hit back with a 22-18 win at Skilled Park.
ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH U BC WITH UR PICK .NEWCASTLE AL THE WAY!

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Tonight - Gold Coast +16.5 The Gold Coast despite losing players looked competitive last week until a couple of late tries blew the score out. I'm going to give them another chance, as I think they can keep it respectable against the Roosters. Newcastle +6.5 The Knights have done one thing all season and that is keep games close, they may not win tonight but over a converted try start is a gift IMO. Their record against Penrith and at Penrith tells us that the Knights should be up for a competitive game despite being without Buderus. IMO the game hinges on whether Brian Smith is willing to give Scott Dureau more game time. As soon as he came on against the Dragons the Knights moved into attack mode and came back into the match.

Tonight - Gold Coast +16.5 The Gold Coast despite losing players looked competitive last week until a couple of late tries blew the score out. I'm going to give them another chance, as I think they can keep it respectable against the Roosters. Newcastle +6.5 The Knights have done one thing all season and that is keep games close, they may not win tonight but over a converted try start is a gift IMO. Their record against Penrith and at Penrith tells us that the Knights should be up for a competitive game despite being without Buderus. IMO the game hinges on whether Brian Smith is willing to give Scott Dureau more game time. As soon as he came on against the Dragons the Knights moved into attack mode and came back into the match.
looks like u got this one right!gr8 work

Well done DT and harke. Glad you also got on the right side :nana:nana
Nice work boys! Thought Newie could have won by more if Dureau was out there earlier. But how good was Gidley, seriously!! If NSW had used him in his natural role for the entire match they would have won game 3 so easy. Gold effort by the Gold Coast, thought we were gorne at halftime, but they fought back so well! Cut at myself for not taking the 10:1 on offer for GC 1-12, which I considered before taking the safe +16.5.

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Sharks 1-12 @ 3.75 Sportingbet The Sharks have a strong home record against Manly and are playing a strong, disciplined style of football that frustrates the opposition. Manly have been going well but they do struggle against tough defences. Sharks have only won by 13+ once all year and Manly aren't the team that gets many floggings, so take the 1-12 for extra value.

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 over 40.5 for the cowboys vs warriors game. THe last game between them at the start of the year was 68 points total. I'm pretty sure Witt is still out which may cost the warriors some points, and cowboys aren't in the best form.... But with both teams having poor defence, it should be fairly high scoring i think.

Missed posting early My bets - Warriors 1-12 (Bit late I know...) Manly 1-12 Souths 1-12
GR8 WORK WITH TWO OF UR PICKS.....HOPED U WON BIIIGGGG....WELL ABT 2MORO,I L GO FOR CANBERRA + AND BRONCOS -.ANY DOUBTS I M WRONG?

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Bets today - Dragons 1-12 The Dragons should have too much in attack for the Raiders but I expect the green machine to keep this one respectable. Broncos -16.5 A warm day in Brisbane and Lockyer back, sounds like bad news for the hapless dogs IMO.

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Have taken Broncos to win by 13-18 @ 5.50 which at first glance struck me as super value. Broncos should win comfortably but complacency etc. can often creep in when leading and so I think we might see the margin fall within this range with a few late Dogs tries. Also a little something on Tonie Carroll for first try today @ 34. It's his 200th game so he might be able to celebrate with a try. Same reasoning as the Mannering bet last night too.

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 The Broncos didn't turn up to play today, and the Doggies were always going to be dangerous. Before we go into tomorrow night's game, does anybody know what is happening with Inglis for Melbourne? I hear Bellamy might be resting him and one or two others? If he and others are rested, it could turn into a tight contest. BetBuddha Bet to Win.

Before we go into tomorrow night's game' date=' does anybody know what is happening with Inglis for Melbourne? I hear Bellamy might be resting him and one or two others?[/quote'] I know Crocker isn't 100% to play, not sure about anyone else

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Tigers have a strong record against the Storm and have some very good players in their line up. Their home ground advantage will help their cause too but in the end I believe that the Storm will have too much class. As such Storm 1-12 is IMO an absolutely outstanding bet. Storm 1-12 @ 3.05 Sportingbet

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 I believe Storm haven't lost at campbelltown, so home ground advantage here doesn't mean much. I think storm will win, but not sure about the margin... It's been a week of upsets, hopefully this isn't another

Re: NRL Round 18 - July 11 - 14 Thanks Brad. The Storm look as named with Crocker as you rightly pointed out the only one in doubt. I also read that this game is Matt Geyer's 250th for the Club...this is an ominous sign for the Tigers, as the Storm always look to put in big performances in milestone matches. There has been some pretty heavy late money for the Storm - the line has moved from 8.5 to 10.5 since 4pm. BetBuddha Bet to Win

Tigers have a strong record against the Storm and have some very good players in their line up. Their home ground advantage will help their cause too but in the end I believe that the Storm will have too much class. As such Storm 1-12 is IMO an absolutely outstanding bet. Storm 1-12 @ 3.05 Sportingbet
Agree, exactly the thoughts that I was going to post.