** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Olympics Thread

Re: The Olympics Thread I've just loaded up on Brazil/Argentina double @ 1.36 on Betfair. Brazil self explanatory against an incredibly soft New Zealand lineup and although I hate to bet against my Country I'm using my head here. Australia's attack is just very weak and I can't see them troubling Argentina's defence. Archie Thompson was shutdown against Serbia and our one goal was fairly lucky. Our defence was flimsy and a more quality opposition would have netted more opportunities and I have no doubt Argentina will capitalise tonight. Short odds but I can't see these two going any other way.

Re: The Olympics Thread 13.08 Argentina - Serbia 1 (1.45) Serbian coach :eyes have a lot of problems with scquad,clubs wan't there's players back,some clubs didn't let there players and Serbia plays awfull match against Ivory Coast (4 : 2).Argentina have some trouble against Australia (won 1 : 0),but against low moral Serbia's team,it will be much easier.Tradition is on Argentina's side,last 2 matches,2004.Olimpics in Athens and 2006.WC in Germany,boath ended 6 : 0 for Argentina:wall,in Serbia we are praying that something simular ain't gonna happen' again :$.Of cource that I'll take it with handicap,in local I found for 2.10,what is look fantastic for me.

Re: The Olympics Thread Argentina vs Brazil, both teams went to extra time in their qtrs, and I think the semi could be very close. Argentina are favs at 2.58, Brazil are 3.15 and the Draw 3.3. Meaty prices for a close game, I think the Argies will have slightly too much class here and I've taken them to win. Expect the winner of this game to go on a take out gold whoever it is From Fifa.com

Two of the most famous jerseys in football, one age-old rivalry and some of the finest footballers on the planet: the second semi-final at the Men's Olympic Football Tournament Beijing 2008, between Brazil and Argentina, has all the makings of a classic. Crucially, the prize for the victors is a place in Saturday's final. The game Brazil-Argentina, 19 August, 21.00 (local time), Beijing The context This is the first time in over 100 years of competition that two South American sides have faced each other in an Olympic semi-final, although the continent's superpowers did meet at Seoul 1988, when the likes of Claudio Taffarel, Bebeto, Careca and Romario helped Brazil to a 1-0 win. As for Beijing 2008, both sides have barely put a foot wrong in reaching the last four, having won all four of their respective matches. But with Brazil still to concede a goal in the tournament and Argentina having put together ten consecutive Olympic wins, something has to give on Tuesday. The cast list for the Beijing blockbuster could hardly be more impressive. Skippering their sides will be Ronaldinho and Juan Roman Riquelme, the symbols of a golden generation of players and the protagonists of one of the most eagerly awaited personal duels of the tournament. The stellar quartet of Alexandre Pato, Sergio Aguero, Diego and Lionel Messi will ensure the pace does not slacken in an encounter that will either see the Albiceleste win the right to defend their title or the Seleção earn a tilt at seizing gold for the first time in their history. The players to watch: Lionel Messi (ARG) and Diego (BRA) There is little question that the outcome will hinge to a great extent on the inspiration of these two players, who have been vital to their sides so far in Beijing. The young Barcelona wizard has scored twice for Argentina already, and the Werder Bremen playmaker has been at the heart of the Brazilians' best moves. The question is, who will swing the balance in their side's favour? The numbers game 2 - The number of times Brazil and Argentina have met in semi-final ties in the last ten years, both sides claiming a win apiece. The Brazilians came out on top in the FIFA U-20 World Cup United Arab Emirates 2003, while the Albiceleste were celebrating in the same competition two years later in the Netherlands. The quotes "It's always special to play against Brazil. They'll be out to win because they've never won a gold medal, but so will we because we want another one. It's true they've beaten us a few times recently, but that's history now and everyone in this squad has been on the winning side against Brazil at least once," Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano.

Re: The Olympics Thread

SportFootball (Internationals)
EventNigeria v Belgium (Olympic Games)
SelectionNigeria
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.30 (Back)
ReasoningNigeria have looked very impressive in this competition, Unbeaten so far and I think they will stay this away after todays game and progress to the final. Only conceded 2 goals in the whole competition and look really solid at the back, Whilst Belgium have been winning they haven't looked that great, A team that will progress to the final. For me that team will be Nigeria.

EventArgentina v Brazil
SelectionArgentina
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningBoth Argentina & Brazil have 100% records in this tournament, I watched Argentina against Holland in the Quaters and they needed extra time to see them off but still looked a team capable of winning this tournament. Messi is a key player for them and if he is on hot form then they can progress to the final. The winner of this game should win the trophy, Just unfortunate they had to meet in the semi's.

EventNigeria v Belgium (Olympic Games)
SelectionNigeria
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.30 (Back)
ReasoningNigeria have looked very impressive in this competition, Unbeaten so far and I think they will stay this away after todays game and progress to the final. Only conceded 2 goals in the whole competition and look really solid at the back, Whilst Belgium have been winning they haven't looked that great, A team that will progress to the final. For me that team will be Nigeria.
3-0 up with 15 mins to go. :ok Anyone just see that last goal? What a strike!!

EventArgentina v Brazil
SelectionArgentina
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningBoth Argentina & Brazil have 100% records in this tournament, I watched Argentina against Holland in the Quaters and they needed extra time to see them off but still looked a team capable of winning this tournament. Messi is a key player for them and if he is on hot form then they can progress to the final. The winner of this game should win the trophy, Just unfortunate they had to meet in the semi's.
3-0 up with 10 minutes left. :ok

Re: The Olympics Thread Argentina -1 (EH) Argentina are the obvious favourites going into this gold medal match with Nigeria, especially after their 4-1 demolishen of Brazil in the semi's. The class of Messi and Mascherano has been nearly impossible for all teams to handle, and the Nigerians will also have their work cut out for them to do so. The way they are playing they should be able to win this by at least a two goal margin