** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

A M trial & Multiple betting

Guest whoneedsrio

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: bet 9 So now I have 2 bets where I need to land the second part of the double. I've decided for bet 8 to take 3 in the 8.15 at Sandown, here's the choices with the odds & stakes. Coalition, 7/2, 54.75 pts Tilla, 5/1, 41.05 pts Gaelic Roulette, 13/2, 32.85 pts Thats 128.65 pts staked. Bet 9 is on the 7.45 at Sandown Kibryaa, 7/2, 33.40 pts Secret Flame, 4/1, 30.10 pts Habanero, 6/1, 21.50 pts Thats the 85 point return from the Worcester race earlier. All the best, Rio.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: bet 9 & 8 Not too happy tonight, why do these jockeys insist on sitting on the rail waiting for a gap? On this fast ground at Sandown coming wide is not a disadvantage, Gaelic Roulette & Tilla both had nowhere to go & Coalition had to be pulled off the rail only to be done by the rag on the wide outside. Habanero ran ok but Secret Flame was a big disappointment, Kibryaa stuck on the rail with no run, do the trainers/owners not ask these morons what the %&$* they were doing? Why do the pundits on the telly always say what a great ride that was but rarely comment when the jockey rides a shocker? Rant over, onwards ever onwards, still in profit. So far then, Start bank 600 points Total staked 262 points Returns 402.5 points Current bank 740.5 points Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: bet 9 & 8 Iwas' No need to feel guilty, I had made my mind up that the 8.15 was the race to land bet 8 if the prices were right & I decided they were so in I went. As I have said before there will be wasted winners, also the strike rate will be quite low betting like this but the odds can be rewarding. There will be other days, it's what happens in the long term that counts. This shift pattern I work now has me grafting on days today, tomorrow & Saturday & nights Sunday, Monday & Tuesday so I may not be posting much. I may be able to have a dabble on Saturday if the right type of race is on & if I can get on the site from work. On holiday after this so with Goodwood & the Ebor meeting round the corner this is my favorite time of the year. All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Bet 10 Not much chance to have a dabble yesterday but today looks interesting, nice to have some decent fare to look at instead of the usual Sunday dross. Decided to play in the 2.30 at Ascot, the winner should come from A Woman in Love, Best Before & Goodbye Mr Bond. I've left out Goodbye Mr Bond, I think he may have gone up just a little too much in the handicap after the good runs & while the race LTO was worth more money this looks a bit classier event. The other 2 have also been going well & gone up in the handicap as well but theres not enough in the prices to back all 3. A Woman in Love 17.40 pts at 10/3 Best Before 12.60 pts at 5/1 30 points staked. Interesting that Fallon looks to be riding Alphecca in the first at Ascot then legging it to Newmarket for 3 rides. He's On Double Aspect for Stoute in the 4.55 & this could be anything of course but the form of Polar Jem looks very good & anything at 3/1+ would interest me. All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Bet 11 Bet 10 loses, I'll do an update later. Just in off nights, had a chance to look at Goodwood for this afternoon & in the first I'm taking Fantastic Love, Windy Britain & Spanish Don. No prices available so I've had 12, 10 & 8 points at SP. Should be up & about for the 4.25 where I like Dorothy's Friend & Mephisto. Time for bed, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Bet 11 Having risen from the pit I find that my poor run continues with all 3 unplaced. On to bet 12 then, 15 points each on Dorothy's Friend & Mephisto at 9/2 & 5/1. All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: bet 12 First the update, after bet 11 Start bank 600 points Total staked 322 points Returns 402.5 points Current bank 680.5 points Mephisto returned 90pts from bet 12 part 1, going for part 2 in the 2.40 at Goodwood. Avonbridge & the Tatling have penalties for group race wins, in the last 5 years only 1 winner has won this with a penalty. Boogie Street needs fast ground & has a decent draw should be up with the pace. Majestic Missile won the Molecomb last year over C&D & should be better for the run at Royal Ascot, also as a good draw. Both horses are unpenalised. Boogie Street 28.70pts at 7/1 Majestic Misile 61.30pts at 11/4 All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: bet 12 Boogie Street is caught on the line, close but no cigar. Majestic Missile was well backed but ran a shocker, looks like this one may not have trained on. Start bank 600 points Total staked 352 points Returns 402.5 points Current bank 650.5 points Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Bet 13 Theres a thread in the at the races forum about the Stewards Cup on Saturday, now the draw as been made I've taken these 3 against the field. High Reach 12pts at 12/1 Fantasy Believer 9.5pts at 16/1 Texas Gold 3pts at 19 (18/1) & 5.5pts at 18.5 ( Betfair ) I'm thinking that all 3 will start a bit shorter come Saturday, the first 2 I've backed with Sporting Odds who are going non runner no bet on this race. The weather seems set fair so no worries about the ground. I have been looking at the William Hill mile for tomorrow but I'll see what the bookies prices are in the morning. Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Bet 14 After a good look at the William Hill mile both last night & again today I've decided not to bet in this race. A high draw is usually a must in this, but this alone is not enough a prominent runner is required & most of the high drawn ones are mid-field or hold up horses. The 1 or 2 that might be up with the pace look exposed types, a race to watch this. The 5.35 looks more interesting, this should give more than a clue to the draw for the Stewards Cup tomorrow for which a high stall looks best. Danny Nicholls is mob handed as usual, the best of his looks like Loyal Tycoon from box 17 & this as been backed this morning. Last years winner Undetered comes from stall 19 & gets in off a 2lb lower mark than 12 months ago. Does have a 3lb pen for a win at Ponty the other day but is clearly in good heart. Loyal Tycoon 17.15pts at 5/1 Undetered 12.85pts at 7/1 30 points staked. All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Bet 14 So much for the high draw :\ from the evidence of the 2 sprints yesterday low looks to have the edge. After bet 14 then, Start bank 600 points Total staked 382 points Returns 402.5 points Current bank 620.5 points Not much of interest today, just the ante post on the Stewards. Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Bet 13 Second & third, don't think the draw played a big part, the winner was just too good. Adding the loss on gives, Start bank 600 points Total staked 412 points Returns 402.5 points Current bank 590.5 points could do with a change of luck, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Bet 15 Brighton 3.45 In 2 of it's 3 runnings this race has been won by a 3yo, the 2 of this age group also have trainers with a good record at the track. The Stoute trained Blaze of Colour won LTO over C&D with Desert Island Disc 6 lengths back, this has won since & is 11lb better off including the jockeys claim but the 3yo can improve & beat him again. Antigiotto has yet to win but the step up to this 12f should suit. Round about 7 or 8/1 with the bookies but 13 at Betfair, must put this one in at that price. Of the rest Party ploy has been in cracking form & should go well from the front on this fast ground. Blaze of Colour 14.20pts at 9/2 Party Ploy 9.80pts at 7/1 Antigiotto 6pts at 13 (12/1) 30 points staked Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Update First after the losing bet on tuesday, Start bank 600 points Total staked 442 points Returns 402.5 points Current bank 560.5 points Second an update on the Massey site returns. There were 51 3yo+ handicaps with 8 to 12 runners in July. The winner appeared in the top 4 rated 33 times ( 65% ) The average SP of the Winners wa 4.8/1. After a decent start I have hit a rocky patch, no real damage done as yet though. Having a bit of a think where to go from here. Rio.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whoneedsrio

Bet 16 After a break from this form of betting it's back in the swim. Newbury 5.25 Didn't Tell my wife 17.5pts at 9/4 Arry Dash 12.5pts at 7/2 30pts staked Both of these should handle the ground, Didn't TMW trys this trip after staying on efforts last twice. Arry Dash down to 8lb below it's last winning mark & 15lb below highest ever mark in the spring. Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Bet 16 part 2 Newmarket 2.35 36.9pts Sir Desmond at 9/4 20pts Middleton Grey at 5/1 Both of these should go on the ground & this stiff track. Sir D was running on LTO over 5f here in a better looking event, carries weight well. M Grey yet to win on turf & drops back from 7f but this stiff 6f plus soft going should see him putting in a good finish. Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Bet 16 part 2 Middleton Grey wins at 4/1 sp. 20pts at 5/1 returns 120pts, a profit of 90pts on the original stake. Start bank 600 points Total staked 472 points Returns 522.5 points Current bank 650.5 points Cheers, Rio.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest whoneedsrio

Bet 17 Finally it's stopped raining, thats the longest period of inactivity in August that I've ever had, 3 weeks without a bet :eek The ground at Haydock should be back to good today & I'm interested in 3 races. 2.05 Sendintank has won 4 in less than 2 weeks including here yesterday over 2f less, clearly on the upgrade but with the 5lb pen is 20lb higher than when winning run started & big jump in class here, left out. The 3 I like are, Lochbuie, improving 3yo over this trip, good run under top weight at York LTO when ground did not suit, more to come on good going. Loves Travelling, just caught at York LTO over 2f less when hanging left, should handle the step up in trip & Cumani is a master at winning these valuable handiaps. Sergent Cecil, cracking second to Ebor winner Mephisto at Goodwood over this trip, needs good or faster ground, big price. Went in to stake the usual 30 points but after backing the first 2 the 13/2 Loves Travelling had gone & I had to take the 6's, therefore, Lochbuie 13.05pts at 11/2 Sporting Odds Loves Travelling 12.1pts at 6/1 Bet direct Sergent Cecil 5.65pts at 14/1 Sporting Odds 30.8 points staked. The big sprint looks a leave alone race but the listed mile at 3.40 could be a race to play in. With Reason has the best form but has not been seen since finishing down the field in the Lockinge on the only run this season. All wins over 7f on fast ground as well. The O'Brien horse Troubadour could be anything, only beaten 2l in the Dewhurst last season & 6l winner on only run this year, front runner. Shot to Fame is consistant but has to give weight to all these. Putra Pekan has had a nice break to freshen him up & has won FTO last 3 seasons so goes well after a break, C&D winner who goes on the ground. This is the sort of race where I like to see how the market is closer to the off time, at the prices at the moment, Troubadour looks a bit short at 5/2 & I wouldn't want Shot to Fame at 4's. With Reason is fair price at 5/1 & Putra Pekan also at 11/2, I shall be watching the market to see what happens before deciding to bet. 4.45 The Barry Hills trained Stephano won well at Redcar in a similar sort of race only 2 days ago. Seemed to improve for the step up to this trip & the stable usually comes back to form at this time of the year after a quiet spell mid season. This looks a very ordinary bunch & Stephano would not need to be a world beater to defy the 3lb pen. All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Bet 17 Nothing to come from bet 17. Decided to take With Reason & Putra Pekan in the 3.40 along with Stephano in the 4.45. 2 X 10pt doubles =20 points stacked Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Bet 17 & bet 18 After bet 17, Start bank 600 Staked 502.8 Returns 522.5 Current bank 619.7 I said earlier that I would wait till near the off to decide what to do about the 3.40. I almost left it to late to post after the bet was placed but made it before the off time. With Reason was 5/1 when I placed the bet ( sp 11/2 ) & Stephano was 9/4 ( sp 2/1 ) the 20 point stake returns 195 points, so after bet 18, Start bank 600 Staked 522.8 Returns 717.5 Current bank 794.7 Cheers, Rio.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whoneedsrio

Bet 19 I've decided to play today in the 4.10 at Sandown. 10.8pts at 6/1 Flying Adored 10.8pts at 6/1 Sea Nymph 8.4pts at 8/1 Desert Cristal 30 points staked. Cheers, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Bet 19 All three unplaced in a rough race but the winner looks on the upgrade. Totally mis-read the market as well with one starting at 13/2 & another at 12/1. Start bank 600 Staked 552.8 Returns 717.5 Current bank 764.7 Rio.