Rating - 7.30 Leopardstown

Been at a loose end lately, so I've devised a ratings system for group races...........:nana It's fairly simple........I've studied group one races from the start of the season and tried to correlate finishing positions and 'lengths beaten' with the horses previous runs in group 2 and group 3 and listed races. I give the winner of a group one a rating of 120 Based on this my conclusion is that a group 2 win is worth about 116, a group 3 win about 113 and a listed win about 110........so you'd expect a group one horse to beat a group 2 horse by 4 lengths, a group 3 horse by 7 lengths and a listed class horse by 10 lengths. I also look at 'previous runs' and 'next time out' runs for horses running in group one races to get a feel for if it was a 'good' group one or a 'poor' group one and adjust the ratings accordingly ( in other words it's basically collateral form with a 'class rating' system built in ) Using these ratings for previous runs I can look at todays conditions of trip, going, recent form etc to produce a rating of what I 'expect' the horse to run to today.......... So.......first public trial !!..............:loon Here's my ratings for tonights group 3 race at Leopardstown........with latest odds in brackets 114 Royal Confidence (5/2) 113 Aleagueoftheirown (9/1) 112 Forthefirstime (8/1) 112 Age Of Chivalry (4/1) 110 Cheyenne Star (5/1) 106 Queen Jock (33/1) 105 My Girl Sophie (10/1) 102 Dimenticata (10/1) 101 Mystical Lady (20/1) - Subtle Shimmer (33/1) - Joshua´s Princess (25/1) - Emily Blake (16/1) The bottom 3 are 'unrateable' on my system A group 3 winner should be able to score 113 - so the first 4 in the list would be around that mark. Obviously I'd expect the winner and placed horses to be in that group Ooooo.............can't wait to see how the race works out !!..........:eek