Curragh 28/6/08

FINSCEAL BEO .... LOOK A LAY TO ME :hope Had a hard race at Royal Ascot and up against a filly who look a real star in the making last time at YORK. PROMISING LEAD could turn out to be a champion and comes here a fresh horse and at 5/2 she looks a good bet.:hope:hope

Re: Curragh 28/6/08 3.45 Finsceal Beo 2/1 spo 15 pts Top top horse early on last year, won Eng and Ire 1000G and so nearly the French too. However no surprise that the relentless campaign given to her took its toll and she faded later in the season. This season she has come back to form though, run Duke of Marmalade close over 12.5f which I dont think she saw out properly especially in comparison to the winner and ran a good solid third in the Queen Anne. Up to the 10f today which clearly the thinking is that she does get and although Im not convinced completely, i believe she has enough class and form to beat these, promising lead was a real improver last year and was ahead of FB in france but FB seems a different horse now. 4.45 Septimus 3/5 spo 15 pts Decent price imo. i expected 4/9 or something like that. the only slight concern would be fitness posssibly fto but clearly o'brien wants him to run and the good ones from his yard have still managed to win fto this season (yeats, dom, htn etc.) despite some needing the run. On ratings and class the rest of these have it all to find with septimus who offically was a better rated horse than yeats and looks certain to step into his shoes at one point. I think he may have won the GC if given the chance and this is perhaps his starting point to start again.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.