Newcastle - 27/6/08

7.25 Ishetoo 17/2 var 7.5 pts e.w Very consistent horse of late, progressed very well last season in a variety of conditions and 5f suits this one best I feel. Lto over further it ran a solid race but just faltered a bit late on in a decent race that had a nice progressive winner. Previous runs at 5f including at York and Thirsk show all the ability this one has and remains on a career high mark of 93 but one that is not impossible off. Drawn near some pace from German horse and there are a couple of others who it could track although this one has known to be prominent at times as well. Solid place claims at least. I like Barney McGrew too and although he is a strong traveller which should help dropping back in trip, I just dont see him as a 5f horse, more 6f.

Re: Newcastle - 27/6/08 The night card's are an improvement on today's although still very quiet on here. Perhaps end of the month blues playing its's part. Sure it will pick up again over the next day or so. 7.25 (Class 2) Appartently low(far) draws are advantageous when going in on the east side in sprints but we saw no evidence of a bias yesterday. For the 2yo race over 6f the they finished; Far Stands Stands Far Stands Stands Far Far Stands Stands Stands Stands Far Stands Far A pace check for this race is in order:

1. >>>>
  2. >>>
  3. >>>>>>
  4. >>>>
  5. >>>>>
  6. >>>
  7. >>>>>
  8. >>>
  9. >>>>>>>
  10. NR
  11. >>>
  12. >>>>>>>>
  13. >>>>>>>>
  14. >>>>>
  15. >>>>>>
  16. >>>>>>>>
  17. >>>>>>>>>

There is no genuine early pacers here bar perhaps the Scandinavian runner in 17. Although there does seem to be more early higher. Hows She Cuttin could be key, she has been behind early lately but her best form is when up with the pace or leading - with the yard back in form and Holland booked I wouldn't be surprised if they changed tactics today and had her involved early. Being drawn 9 she could have a big say in how the race is run, depending on what side Holland decides to go. With the usual bias low, and the pace likely to be high here it may be a leveler - I don't know. The horses I fancied are drawn low, and if I'm honest the above is a big concern. As a precauition I will play horses from both sides. I really faniced Buachaill Dona (2) LTO at York but low numbers had little chance that day. On her previous start he ran a blinder to get so close at Chester after a nighmare draw. Definitely capable of winning a handicap off this sort of mark and all wins have come at the trip. If the draw is ok then he has to go close. I was disappointed in Dig Deep (1) last Friday, he is well handicapped at present and will strike soon. Will give him another chance back at 5f. Ishetoo is consistent and a return to 5f will suit. I mentioned Hows She Cuttin above, I liked her last year and she has run three decent races in defeat this year. The stable coming back to form yesterday is a bonus and she is ahead of the handicapper at the moment. Holland will have to make his mind up quick from the 9 box though. My one from a definite high draw will be River Falcon who will appreciate conditions and get a perfect lead from those around him. Buachaill Dona 35% of stake 13 betfair Hows She Cuttin 40% of stake 6.2 betfair Dig Deep 15% of stake 13 betfair River Falcon 10% of stake 17.5 betfair

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.