Folkstone 27/06/08

I'm yet to go through the night cards but from what I've seen so far it looks like an atrocious day's racing for a Friday. Folkstone looks espcially poor. In the 3.05 (according to the RP) we have a John Hills trained 1/6 favourite. Now it will be a cold day in hell if I ever backed anything at 1/6 or if I backed ANY John Hills horse that was odds-on. So a John Hills trained 1/6 shot? I would rather have a Rapido/49's/Portman Park/Sittingbourne BAGS/ acca. I can only find one betting opportunity. 5.15 I expected good things from Prime Number after his 3yo days when trained by Gerard Butler, he had a disappointing 4yo season and I've not looked at him as a betting opportunity since. However he started to come back to form last Autumn due to a falling mark. He won off a career low mark of 67 last October. Concentrating on his 10f form (he doesn't stay further) since that time his form reads 174261: Oct 07 - 1st of 16 good/firm rated 67 Oct 07 - 7th of 15 (btn 2.75l) good/firm rated 73 Jan 08 - 4th of 9 (btn 0.75l) poly rated 70 Apr 08 - 2nd of 5 (btn 4.5l) good/soft rated 71 Apr 08 - 6th of 14 (btn 3.5l) good/firm rated 68 June 08 - 1st of 11 poly rated 71 Allowed to run of just 66 here due to his turf rating being lower than his AW rating, a real bonus as his best form is on turf, 4 wins and 6 places from 22 starts. Goes well for talented apprentice and yard in form. Press The Button has been poor so far this season but as a result his handicap mark has plummeted. He won over C&D off a 11lb higher mark just six runs ago! Apprentice takes another 7lb off too. Have to save on him as he is so well weighted. I backed Night Orbit at a big price (as well as 4 others in the race) LTO and he could improve again, faster ground a big worry though. Prime Number 80% of stake hopefully get around 9/4 on betfair Press The Button 20% of stake hopefully get around 8/1 on betfair Prime Number/Press The Button/Night Orbit F/C T/C Combos

Re: Folkstone 27/06/08 Agree about the quality of racing this afternoon Billy, it's piss poor. And people say that all-weather racing is bad........ Just one bet for me today, serial course and distance winner Icannshift in the 4.45. Was below par LTO here but was unbeaten here in three tries last season and his overall record over CD is 4461221118, which is pretty good in my opinion. Those wins came in class 6 handicaps off similar marks to this (has won off 5 lb higher in past) so may be worth a gamble at 8/1 var.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.