** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

What do you think of this strategy ?

Guest Xav22

This strategy relies on bookmaker probabilities accuracy : I calculate the average Sportbook probabilities for a given event Then, I try to find a sportbook that offers an odd higher (as much as possible) than that probability, and bet What do you think of this strategy ? Thanks, Xav

Re: What do you think of this strategy ? snyena, I think you may have slightly misunderstood xavs point. I think xav is suggesting looking for bets where one bookies odds vary greatly from the norm. e.g. if 10 bookies had Arsenal at 1.1 to win their next game, and 1 bookie had them at 1.9 it might be worth taking the 1.9 on the basis that 10 bookies probably aren't wrong. I've read about similar systems, also ones where the odds differ hugely from ladbrokes as they are percieved to have the most accurate odds (don't know if this is true). I'd say have a crack on paper and over time you could refine the system to take account of some bookies being better than others:beer2

Re: What do you think of this strategy ? It's what I meant :) The hard task is to estimate the fair odds. We should not use this strategy on the underdog as the books usually make more profit on high odds. In July I tried to collect a lot of bookmaker odd record using Excel in order to figure out if some bookmakers were more accurate than others, but it took way too much time and I gave up :( Thanks for your answer, I didn't know about ladbrokes.. Has anybody else heard that Ladbrokes was more accurate than other bookies ?