Pace in the Race

I read on here some comments from BTP & Bowles about pace in the race. So, who produce pace charts and how do you draw your conclusions? Do you look at each horses most recent race or maybe last 3 runs, etc? How do you rate each horse? Do you give them a pace score? Interested to read each persons views on this.:ok

Re: Pace in the Race Don't use any pace charts but try consider each horses style of running. Yesterday I opposed Tranquil Tiger as I thought it would be behind and Dunaskin could get a soft lead and kick on for home. Trainer may have also considered this but clearly knew he had the best horse in the race, made the running, had a high cruising speed, won in a fast time and had clearly gone off at some pace to have both Alfie Flits and Dunaskin seemingly on the rack until Dunaskin stayed on again at the end of the race. I try look at the style and put it in category of front runner, drop in, drop out, hold up and consider where the pace is likely to come from. A lot harder in the sprints when they split into two groups though. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.