Pontefract ~ Sun 22/06

Re: Pontefract ~ Sun 22/06 The big race of the day here is the listed race at 3.40. Tranquil Tiger and Peppertree Lane head the betting but I give marginal preference to Tranquil Tiger as most of Peppertree Lane's best efforts of late have come on softer ground. Tranquil Tiger won a listed race at Newbury by 10 lengths last month and although was beaten into second by Samuel LTO, had Dunaskin, Lost Solider Three and Hanella (who re-oppose here) all behind that day. It was only until well inside the last furlong that Henry Cecil's colt got found out that day at York, so the drop back in here should help. Trainer has an impressive strike rate of 39 % from 23 runners at this course (5 yr stats) too. Evs Paddypower In the 4.10 I'm taking a punt on Mister Arjay as he gets on well with this inform jockey and proves he stays this distance. He won over CD in 2006 off 61 but has since won off higher marks, up to 72 at Beverley two runs ago. He was below par at York LTO, but I'm hoping the presence of Tony Hamilton in the saddle can rejuvenate him again. The ground poses no problems. 25/1 Blue Sq EW 4.40 - Dalhaan was a beaten favourite at Leicester LTO but prior to that showed good promise, staying on at Goodwood (3 Derby entries and 1 Oaks entry in that race) despite not getting a clear run to finish 3/4 l behind Savarin. Hopefully the last run can be ignored and he can fend off Indian Groom who is well related and showed promise when 3rd on his debut at Thirsk. Evs Bet 365 BOG 5.10 -After a messy start LTO when she was interferred with by Romantic Verse, Leonid Glow recovered to win on her handicap debut at Warwick. The RP commented after that run that she had plenty left in the tank and could be up to taking more races this summer, so even though she carries a penalty this afternoon, I'm backing her here in the hope that there is more to come. 4/1 Sporting Bet.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.