** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Random Nade Thread

Nade

Re: Vomit

I think it's a possibility Q9 would be played like this though very passive. And i don't see any way in the world any pair on the turn would call on the river and if they do it's crazy on a double paired board with strong re-raise on the turn and strong bet on the river - The bet sizes represent a 10 perfectly IMO and that's key. I'm just confused by your logic there TBH :unsure
Because the only pair that will call a raise on the turn is a J or higher, except an awfully played 99 perhaps. And you are not playing an 8 like this, so the river changes very little. Your range is very polarized, 10 or bluff.

Re: Random Nade Thread I don't see how you can feel they'd play a J like this but not Q9. FWIW the way i saw the hand is they didn't have a J or would have bet the flop, they didn't have a T or would have re-raised the turn and very unlikely to have an 8 with raise and call on turn. They didn't reraise pre flop so can discount over pairs. It looked like they were bluffing the turn so i represented the T instead, but when they were re-raised they felt they want to save some face and call then they quickly fold the river it definitely seems likely they had a 9, whether that's 99, Q9, K9 or A9 i'm not sure but they all fit the bill to me. Have to say if someone is calling me in this spot on the river with a pair then i mark them a calling station noob, (or words to that effect) and will be able to take them to value town for the rest of time because i'm not LAG and represent a FH totally.