Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday

255 Worcester : Chrysander Lay ( 11/10 RP) Looks a two horse race on paper but you never know in these Novice Chases so rather than back the Nicholls horse I'll lay the one i have reservations about. I wasnt impressed with this one at Cartmel, a track that should have suited him perfectly, i reckon Ocean Du Moulin is a tougher nut to crack than the opposition last time and Worcester is not a sharp track so wont suit his running style.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday Well, had 2 horses yesterday and picked the wrong one for BBotD, so hopefully better today 16.55 Ascot Rebecca de Winter EW (19.00 WIN and 5.3 PLACE, 3 places) Tough sprint here, but once again a bit of a value play. High draw here, won LTO with Viva Ronaldo in second who has recently won, although not at this level, but of course we are dealing with 2yr olds here and with Moore on board can improve and get a good run here. In her first run came second to the Channon hose that then went on to run a class 3 and as long as gets a good route can go close

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday my best bet of the day would be majestic roi 305 ascot. 0.5 pts ew. has the ability to go close and latest run was better. can get the race run to suit and then show strength to fight out the finish. nice odds.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday Danehill Destiny - 1pt win I have been following 2yo's closely this season and this horse has impressed me both visually and then through the form book afterwards. Since its win at Newmarket, this is how the race has worked out Runners Since Winners Placed Unplaced % Placed % Win 10 5 2 3 70% 50% It also then won a conditons race at Windsor, a 4 runner event but that should have helped it learn some more about this game. My only slight concern is the fast ground but the horse should be fine.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday 4.20 Ascot. Orchard Supreme. 0.5 points each way. Big odds for this one and should be shorter in the market irrespective of where he finishes. Better on the aw and that's fair, but not that much better and with conditions to suit this afternoon and with running of a mark of 88, it all suggests he can go close if running to best.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday 3.45 Duke of Marmalade win When I first saw the entries for this race I thought it would be a 2 race between the 2 classiest in the race Ramonti and Duke. Now with no Ramonti he looks a shoe in. Solid form as a 3yr old without actually winning but has already won 2 group 1's this term. His form was also given a boost by Finsceal beo's solid effort yesterday whom he beat last time out.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday I could have easily gone for Duke of Marmalade, Bankable and Danehill Destiny but Asc 3.05 Sabana Perdida 1 pt win Third in this last year behind nannina and satwa queen showing that she likes the ground and the place. that was a top run at 50/1 that day and for a start I dont think there is anything of that quality in the field today and also since then she has improved according to her trainer, that is seen by two nice wins since then including a win at ling. on her reappearance on quick ground which clearly is no problem at all. Looks to a have good chance.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday Ascot 3.45 - Loup Breton - EW Good run last time out in the D'Ispahan, finishing just behind Darjina, running on well, nearest at finish. That was a slow run tactical race which wouldn't have suited this one Extra furlong will help today as will the O'Brien pacemaker hopefully ensuring a decent gallop Form lines from the Prix D'Harcourt and Ganay put him about 2 lengths behind Duke of Marmalade, well within the margin of error for luck in running, jockey mistakes, effect of draw and other random factors which determine the outcome of horse races. Gotta have an EW chance at around 20/1..........

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday 3.05 Sabana Perdida (7/2 tote) is the only horse i like in the race. Trained in france & was 3rd in this race last year. The 4 years of trends show horses have only had 0-2 runs that season & 5yo's have a record of 0-3-8 in terms of wins-places-runs. SABANA PERDIDA 10pts win @ 7/2 Tote Who'll be first to put up Bankable!!

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday 3.45 Ascot - DUKE OF MARMALADE (1pt Win) By far the best form in the race and has the credentials to go to the very top of the middle distance sphere this season. Solid win over Sapphex last time and has the beating of Pressing on a formline through that horse. His win over Finsceal Beo was well advertised when that horse ran a gallant 3rd in a hot Queen Anne yesterday and its hard to see why he won't continue Ballydoyles great start to the meeting.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday 3.45: Ascot: Pressing Has form over distance in Group 1 company albeit in Italy. However if able to step up on that form for a stable that knows how to win this race then every chance of a place at worst. Sir Michael Stoute and Aiden O'Brien have pretty poor records in this race (by their high standards) with neither having won it in last 10 years from a number of runners. Not keen to back against O'Brien's horse after firing in a double yesterday but think the selection is worth an e/w punt. 0.5pts e/w

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday I'd be happy for Botham, Phoenix Tower, or Illusion to be my BBOTD but... 4.00 Royal Hunt Cup (Class 2) Firstly the draw - for those that didn't see my post on the subject, here it is: Royal Hunt Cup Draw Although there shouldn't be no excuses as such, the far side could be well behind as only Oceano Gold has any early pace from top third of the draw. That is assuming all the middle early pacers do not move to the far rail (can't see that happening). My bet for this was already on to be honest but I'm happy with the way the draw has gone. Mine is drawn 5. The horse is Royal Power. He was with Mick Channon and won the German Guineas before he was bought by Dandy Nicholls last October. His first run for the yard was a fine effort and I wrote this about him before his 2nd start: Quote: 2.10 Epsom (Class 2) Royal Power is a horse close to my heart. His form tailed off somewhat for Mick Channon but has since changed hands and run a decent race on his first start for Dandy Nicholls. Finished 3rd of 5 when wrong at the weights, Charlie Farnsbarns (1st) and Docofthebay (4th) done harm to the form on their next starts and with consistent yardstick Benandonner in 2nd it was a solid effort. This may've come a little quick but pretty sure he'll win a handicap or two this season. He ran an even better race that day. Firstly there was a problem in the stalls and he lost a few lengths, he recovered well and despite not getting a total trouble free passage he come there with a chance 2 out. He was badly hampered again inside the last and would've finished closer than the 6th place he ended up with. The run comfirmed what I knew and touched upon in the write up. He should be cherry ripe now and he is definitely a well handicapped horse. If this were a normal year, ie no Bankable, then I'd be really confident. Unfortunately I've run into Bankable. He has always been on my list of horses to follow and if he met any of today's rivals in a 12 runner handicap at the weights then I'd happily take 1/2. However, if there is a time he'll be beaten then it will be tomorrow in this race. There is the chance that Dettori will have him nearer the pace this time but if they come down the track in an arrow as I'm hoping then he'll have no cover on the outside. Think he is going to need every one of those lbs he has in hand. Ansells Pride and Exraterrestial are horses I've backed all season and their improvement hasn't stopped. I've backed Royal Power ante-post at 33/1 and today took 25/1 w/o Bankabke (both E/W). Hills shortened him soon after. ROYAL POWER - EW

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday 4.20 Humungous E/w 40-1 at the moment. Most of its races have been in class 2 all by one so far. I think this horse wil place today... Good from for placings. Only one ride this season so far. Jockey is good and i am willing to take him on. Jockey goodmatch on this horse,Distance not a problem nor is the ground. 10 starts 2 x 1sts 2x 2nds for the jockey and horse combo... Might make some of you laugh, but i can tell you that if you put £1 on this bloke for all of his rides you would have made a good profit. Yesterday he had the 100-1 winner at ascot!!! Might lose but i am willing to take the risk in such a big field...... :hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday Botham (4.35 Ham) Had run over distances ranging from 9f up to 2 miles for previous connections before moving to the Jim Goldie stable earlier this year. Looks like the new handler pulled off a bit of a master-stroke when dropping the horse to 6 furlongs on his second start for the yard as he showed a decent turn of foot to come from last to first to win over today's course and distance. LTO I thought his jockey had taken leave of his senses when the selection raced wide all around the turn losing many lengths and then finishing to some effect to be third. As it turns out he was riding to instruction as the trainer had apparently walked the course and decided the ground was better out there. Makes a quick re-appearance today in a race that the stable has won twice before.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday 9-15 Kempton - Cha Cha Cha - LAY Has won 4 times, 3 of them being on turf. Won his first race on the AW under Callan, who has two other wins on him, along with one from Spencer. Trainer may be worried about the weight as he put a 5 pound apprentice on it tonight. Meanwhile, Bomber Command has got Quinn on board, and the apprentice, Hills, is off. At the weights Cha Cha Cha should confirm superiority over Bomber Command, but looking at the jockey bookings makes me think that the favourite may have a chink in his armour and is worth laying.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Wednesday 8.55 Ripon - Pee Jay's Dream E/W I think around the big festivals there is always a good bet to be found here and there. This horse finished 3rd behind today's fav in his last race. Hits Only Vic won since then and is raised in the weights. The 2nd from the race also won. Pee Jay's Dream is weighted to be close to the short priced fav today and must be backed.