Folkestone 9/6/08

3.45 - Icannshift (8/1 Blue Sq) The phrase 'courses for courses' was probably coined for this animal, who has an outstanding record around these parts. You can ignore all recent form for T M Jones's gelding, it is all irrelevant, this one just loves racing here and should be backed regardless as his wins have come after poor prep runs prior to coming here. Its CD form here in recent seasons is 122111 and on the two occasions it got beat it was only by 0.75 lengths and a head. It has won on ground ranging from soft to good to firm, so todays Gd/Frm forecast is okay. Won off 57 on his last run over CD and runs off a 2 lb lower mark here. Fantastic bet at 8/1.

Re: Folkestone 9/6/08 4.15 Folkstone Was planning to get stuck into Closertobelieving here but is a NR - ran on easy ground LTO so perhaps the fast going is the reason, I've yet to check it out. Pediment now has a great opportunity, given a lot to do LTO behind Cecil's winner at Great Leighs and previosuly went close off 72 in a handicap. Too short to play, especially with Coco The Clown on board so going down the F/C route. I hate to say this about any Cecil runner but I do not fancy Dea Caelestis. Lots to find of form and would need to improve significantly for the step up in trip in order to figure. However, is far from certain to stay. I may pay for questioning the great man as I have a feeling me may know a little bit more about her than I do :lol. Leaving her out all the same. Going for the favourite to beat Soggy Dollar and Mont Cervin. The former has pieces of 2yo that are decent and Mont Cervin has run ok in two maiden won by useful types. 4.45 Folkstone The two interesting runners here for me are Vinces and Scripted. I think they are more than capable of picking up a similar handicap soon. Vinces has been give a chance by the handicapper after his maiden win. Drying ground an obvious concern though. I backed Scripted on his penultimate start when he was well backed for his handicap debut. He went close but then flopped NTO when fav. Clearly something amiss there and been off since. Like I say, think they both have a handicap in them, although not totally sure it'll be today. So I'll keep stakes conservative.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.