Paddy Power Battle of the Sites - McG wins seat in Final on 21/9

GaF

Re: Paddy Power Battle of the Sites - McG wins seat in Final on 21/9 Thanks for that, Helen, but it's been firmly in my diary ever since our qualifier. Final day of the Ryder Cup will have to take 2nd place to this. :hope Turns out that there no are only 14 players in the final, and 7 prizes, starting from $200 :ok ppbotsfinalef3.jpg PP have been really good about reminders. I've had a couple of emails, and they even phoned me on my mobile today to remind me of the date and time. They don't want anyone to sit out in the final, but I did suggest that there was no need to call any of the others, as I already knew them personally ;) Apparently, the 39 (including infiltrators) in our PL tournament was the 3rd highest of all of the forums, with one at 43 and one at 55 [i forgot to ask the names of the others :$] Tips on how to play tournaments like this would be gratefully received. I think I'll try to cut back on random stealing early doors [not that I ever do, of course :unsure], but it's weird to have 7 good prizes split among just the 14 players, when the tournament begins. I suspect that some will be happy to limp in to the money (which goes up pretty steeply), so perhaps controlled aggression is the way forward, but can I somehow be endowed with the patience to find the right opportunities, rather than my normal, occasionally reckless play? I'll defo be playing just the one tourney at that time, to stop any potential for distractions (unless I get knocked out early, in which case I'll be in the focus game at 8:30).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Paddy Power Battle of the Sites - McG wins seat in Final on 21/9

I'll defo be playing just the one tourney at that time' date=' to stop any potential for distractions (unless I get knocked out early, in which case I'll be in the focus game at 8:30).[/quote'] My tip would be to play another game at the same time. Personally, I think I play better with 2 on the go, stops me from playing too many hands especially early on. :ok I suppose strategy depends on your target - make the money, or win? Presume 'Cooler' strategy would work if it's make the money. Otherwise, play your normal game. :ok Only other name I recognise is chikiloka who is mayemita on here, and I've seen around on Poker Trillion. Maybe someone could put the names in their Tracker and give you some info?