F1 - Canadian GP, Sun 8/6

Re: F1 - Canadian GP, Sun 8/6 Another weekend where already I'm just not sure:unsure. Another weekend with showers forecast and that puts me off betting at this stage. This should be a Ferrari track, however, last year they were crap here and Hamilton got his maiden win. But Ferrari have improved in slow corners and definately showed that in Monaco when they shocked everyone in qualifying. I'm surprised Hamilton is favourite, I thought Kimi would be the 2.62 fav with Hamilton 3.25 or thereabouts. Also think Kubica will be very strong here, coming back after his monster crash here last year. Might play Kubica E/W for pole (position) after seeing what the times are like in practice today.

Re: F1 - Canadian GP, Sun 8/6 Ugh, another race where I just don't want to put any money down:sad. Problems with the track surface which could make the race extremely tough especially in the latter stages. With these potential problems there's no way I could back Hamilton at heavy odds on. I think Ferrari knew they were struggling in Q3 so have went heavy which really helped Hamilton build up a big margin. Kimi had a big problem on his best lap running off line and lost quite a bit of time. Also Hamilton gained at least 4 tenths bombing over the final chicane better than anyone else which obviously he won't be doing in the race. I think this could be a good one, and I'll predict a few accidents and probably a safety car. Because of this, Hamilton could struggle to pull away, and that makes Raikkonen a decent price for the win @ 4.5 Blue sq, 4.6 Pinnacle.

Re: F1 - Canadian GP, Sun 8/6

Any word on the forecast for tommorrow's race mate? I've held off betting' date=' but I did fancy Heidfeld at the start. If there's a bit of rain about it could play into his hands.[/quote'] I heard before the weekend chance of thunderstorms. Then yesterday I had a look around and saw something which said 30% chance of rain. I'll have a look around see if I can find anything up to date......

Re: F1 - Canadian GP, Sun 8/6 Just can't take Heidfeld, despite taking a liking to it. However, McLaren have set the fastest lap in Montreal the last 4 years, and Kovalainen has achieved this feat twice this year. At 12 I think he's a little bit of value and so will take a punt on him to set the fastest lap for the third time this year. Heikki Kovalainen Fastest Lap @ 12 Betfair

Re: F1 - Canadian GP, Sun 8/6 Also going to take Kubica @ 13 for the win. I liked Heidfeld because I thought BMW would go well here and this still applies for Kubica. I think you will see BMW get a win this season, and this track seems nicely suited. If Hamilton is problem free, he wins this race, but I still believe that if something happens to him Kubica is ideally suited, and will take the 13s here as it has some small value to it.

Re: F1 - Canadian GP, Sun 8/6

Also going to take Kubica @ 13 for the win. I liked Heidfeld because I thought BMW would go well here and this still applies for Kubica. I think you will see BMW get a win this season' date=' and this track seems nicely suited. If Hamilton is problem free, he wins this race, but I still believe that if something happens to him Kubica is ideally suited, and will take the 13s here as it has some small value to it.[/quote'] Thank Mr Hamilton and buy him some driving lessons:lol:lol:lol

Re: F1 - Canadian GP, Sun 8/6 Quite lucky I thought too, given that Lewis and Nico both ran into the back of what would have been Kimi, when Kubica was a sitting duck too. Could easily have been Kubica that got hit, which would have given me the shits no end, primarily as it would have had Heidfeld winning, who was paying 220 at the time I was considering him. Speaking of which, is it greedy that I'm quasi disappointed not to have pulled the trigger on his podium bet?

Re: F1 - Canadian GP, Sun 8/6 Way stupid of drivers to go in bunches to pit lane(when safety car still on) and then it was obvious who will be fastest will take lead and they started hurring up. :hope Never seen a thing like this before in F1. Or was there in history? :unsure Hamilton pays the penalty 10 places down from his right starting place in next race. So chances for him to win that race are slim. And even top 3, he probably won't make it. So looks like Kimi can win the title 2nd year in a row...