Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June

6.45 Sandown 5f sprint With so many hold up horses in the race, i wouldnt be too concerned about the draw even though a true run sprint at Sandown on soft ground normally favours high numbers. 2 that will take the race on are Glasshoughton & Fromsong. Neither will meet the trouble that the others will find trying to weave through & Glasshoughton drawn 10 of 13 should take the race on & try to lead from the front. It can turn the tables on Namir who beat it 1/2L LTO but now a 3lb pull in Glasshoughton's favour should be enough. Fromsong's trainer won this last year with Bertoliver but as a 10yo I cant see it beating these but from stall 8 wont have a problem taking up the running with Glasshoughton & just may stop a few getting through to the leader. Glasshoughton EW - cant see it out of 1st 3.

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June 3.30 Newton Abbot - Master Wells (1pt Win) Soft ground performer who faces easiest task for sometime here. Only realistic rival is Accapulco Bay and im still not convinced he gets home over 2miles, especially on a softer surface. Master Wells would probably prefer further but will be staying on when others have cried enough and 2/1 represents value here.

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June 845 Wetherby: Laureldean Melody 1pt win Only 6 runners and looks between Laureldean Melody and Isaac Newton on current form. Of the others, Ben Tirran hasnt got to within 30l of the winner in any race he has run, Golden Snoopy is an exposed 11 year old that needs fast ground, The Hedge is an Irish raider that has had plenty of chances and Royal Game is better at 2m on fast ground, a slow pace may help him in this small field and could be in the first three. Isaac Newton won a seller last time from the ungenuine Wotchalike, he was under pressure some way out and wont find Laureldean Melody so easy to pass. The selection has been a touch frustrating but his form at Aintree stands out here and Richard Fahey doesnt waste his time with jumpers uness he knows they have a race in them, they dont come much easier than this and will be disappointed if he cant draw away between the last two hurdles. 7/4 at the moment, I rate it more of an even money shot myself.

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June 3.00 Newton Abbot - Marigolds Way E/W Finally off the mark here over 2m6f in May and won't have problems with the soft ground. Fav won very well lto, but up in trip today and has very different conditions to contend with. I am going e/w at the 5/1 available for Marigolds Way.

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June 5.00 Newton Abbot Beechwood E/w I like the look of this one. not too bad on the form and jockey looks ok to me. It might win but i am taking the safe option and going e/w. The ground is my only concern but i think it will do the business for me here today. :hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June 6.35: Wetherby: Desert Rat Beaten fave LTO but dropped in class today for first venture into a class 5. Cheekpieces on for first time over hurdles. When they were applied for the first time on the flat the selection won so hopefully the same affect will happen over hurdles. Looks to have a good chance of place at worst in fairly open event. Currently 9/1 (various bookies). E/W

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June SANDOWN 7.50

Interesting race in which only 7 of the 12 hold any sort of chance.

Carlitos Spirit is up 2 grades and 5lbs and may struggle though trainer 6 from 23 with older handicappers and 5 from 11 when they are priced at 5/1 or less.

Full Victory is 0 from 4 off 79 but is a c-d winner. Is 0 from 7 in class 3. Stable are 29 days without a winner.

Zero Cool was 3rd in a similar race to this last time though this is slightly easier, 0-94 down to 0-87. Trainer is 7 from 71 with all aged handicappers but 6 from 23 when priced at 8/1 or less.

Russian Epic was well beaten on his last visit here and has looked one paced this season.

Cactus King is up in grade and 0 from 4 on the ground. Stable are 69 days without a winner.

Overturn could be anything though he didn’t enter the stalls last time. He probably doesn’t handle the ground and the stable are 2 from 17 with all aged handicappers here.

Kestrel Cross could be anything but stable are 1 from 24 with all aged horses and 0 from 8 with handicappers. Horse is 0 from 5 on ground.

This looks best left to Zero Cool who has Ryan Moore on board tonight. He has rode for his father just 4 times since 23rd May and won twice and placed once.

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June

3.30 Newton Abbot - Master Wells (1pt Win) Soft ground performer who faces easiest task for sometime here. Only realistic rival is Accapulco Bay and im still not convinced he gets home over 2miles, especially on a softer surface. Master Wells would probably prefer further but will be staying on when others have cried enough and 2/1 represents value here.
ROBBED! .... By a useless conditional! :@

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June Sorry about yesterdays SHOCKING tip! Today's is: Uttoxeter 7.30: Gallik Dawn WIN Only a shocking error from top jock Ruby Walsh prevented the selection from finishing a decent runner up to Surface To Air at Stratford where he took the wrong course on the run-in. He also finished 2nd on his previous 2 runs before that, so is a consistent type. Scholfield takes off 5 tonight and with the selection being a C&D winner, I can see him being hard to beat.

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June Sandown 6.45 - The Lord - EW Going with a bit of a hunch today. This one is dropped down from a class 2 handicap last saturday over 6F, back to it's optimum trip of 5F on it's favoured soft ground and down in class..........I've got a feeing it might run a big race. It ran OK for the first 5 furlongs on saturday, then folded tamely. It's got previous for coming out quick and winning.........won 2 races in 2 days in 2006. OK, it's not been in good form of late, but this is it's easiest chance for a long time....... Much the same thoughts apply to 'Dazed And Amazed' and the booking of Ryan Moore is interesting for that one........but it's odds are a third of those of The Lord, so I'm sticking with that one.

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June Newton Abbot 5:00 Allez Frank Trainer Mrs L J Young had a winner at the end of last month at Towcester's 2m110y chase course by 9L. That was Young's last runner. Allez Franks get's to race in a similar distance and booking of jockey Jamie Moore looks very positive. Moore has one second and three third from the last four starts going into today. Allez Frank has a very good record over hurdles - 2-2-1-11-6. Record in handicap races are not very good but big rewards if previous form is found today. 5pts ew @ 9-2 Bet365 BOG

5.00 Newton Abbot Beechwood E/w I like the look of this one. not too bad on the form and jockey looks ok to me. It might win but i am taking the safe option and going e/w. The ground is my only concern but i think it will do the business for me here today. :hope
1ST :nana

5.00 Newton Abbot Beechwood E/w I like the look of this one. not too bad on the form and jockey looks ok to me. It might win but i am taking the safe option and going e/w. The ground is my only concern but i think it will do the business for me here today. :hope
well done.. :clap:clap:clap

Nice winner mate. Drifted from 11/2 out to 10/1 and won well. Allez Frank, backed from 6/1 into 7/2 and first horse beaten. Market was all over the place.
Yeah i had this morning at 5-1 then again when it was at 10-1 just before the off. :ok

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June OVERTURN 7.50 SANDOWN(1.0 WIN)...The stable have found a nice easy race for the selection's return to the racetrack.This one has been off the track for 20 months after running below par in a Group 3 at Ascot.The opposition tonight are pretty average and if this one is fully wound up then he should take all the beating...:ok....SORRY BH FOR MISSING MOST OF LAST MONTH DUE TO WORK COMMITMENTS BUT WILL BE BACK POSTING ON A REGULAR BASIS NOW.....I BET YOU HAVE ALL MISSED MY FANTASTIC TIPS.:lol:lol:lol

Re: Best Bet of the Day Thurs 5th June 7.50 Sandown (Class 3) I've backed Zero Cool as a saving bet the last twice and I said last time that he'd have to show a bit on course for his new yard before I backed him more confidently (well handicapped on last year's form for John Gosden). Well he ran his best race for Gary Moore LTO behind the good thing Bushman here last week, and he could be winning soon. I've backed Twilight Star in the same way LTO and he finished just behind Zero Cool - looks inconsistent but has shown enough to suggest he can win a race and is a big price here. Russian Epic is a horse I've followed for some time. He was a frustrating sort and was gelded for this season. He ran poorly FTO this year and I worried that the operation had done nothing to improve his head. I decided to give him another chance back on turf LTO when backing him and Ansells Pride. He ran a fine race, close up 4th, it was a most encouraging run. I'm certain he'll start fulfilling his potential very soon. His best form last year was on easier surfaces so his run LTO looks even better. I think he is a certainty off his mark, if he wants to win - simple as. Overturn is an unknown quantity after a long lay-off. Thought I'd post my full write up for this race but for BBOTD purposes I'm going for Russian Epic. RUSSIAN EPIC - WIN