Darts - 2008 UK Open

Re: Darts - 2008 UK Open Dont know if that went right above :hope The place to bet this week imo is Bluesq for two reasons, one they are refunding all losing bets on outrights if any player hits a nine darter which happened last year and two they offer e.w places 1,2,3 and 4, 1/4 odds, which in this minefield is the better option for me. If I picked a 500/1 one shot and he lost in the semis and I only went places 1 and 2, 1/2 odds, i would be a bit annoyed. So going for Bluesq on all outright bets even though on some cases there are slightly better odds on players. Going for 4 players (all already through the early runs) in the outright with the e.w alternative option very much in play and it has to be with Taylor in his current form although this will still be a test even for him. Lloyd 20/1 2.5 pts e.w No doubt Colin Lloyd has made a good start to 2008. The player once described on here as 'one of the most over rated darts players on the planet' despite having two major TV wins to his name and countless other final appearances, has shone brightly on the floor in 2008. He qualified for this in third only just behind Taylor and Wade and had two regional wins including a fantastic win over Taylor in the final in Essex clinched with a 138 checkout with Taylor (on his best form) waiting to take the match into a deciding leg. He also looked in good form in patches when reaching the final of the US Open before losing to Taylor. This was shown by his 3-0 wins over Scholten and Baxter but the bad side of Lloyd also emerged that week when he suddenly lost it with himself and just overcame the average American, Fatum, before putting up his normal and frustrating no show against Taylor despite having chances. It is so often in the head with Lloyd, if he keeps his cool and his game this week he has every chance and is very capable and quite possibly probable of beating everyone in the event bar Taylor (one day on TV that may change) and therefore he ranks as a good e.w pick for me. Certainly one of the form players on the circuit and a good run is very possible to get placed in this as he did last year. Osborne 50/1 2 pts e.w Also placed in this event last year and did me a favour when he won the Newcastle regional heat @ 40/1 for me as I advised on here. Very capable player on his day who can score very heavily as shown in his W/C defeat this year where he whacked in 10 180s in a short format match. However also prone to missing an alarming amount of doubles as he showed in that W/C defeat to Extercatte. However his recent form seems pretty good, he reached the last 16 of the US Open only to run into Taylor and lose 3-1 but by doing so be the only player to take a set of Taylor in that whole event. He also got to a recent final in Holland before losing to Barney. He is the type of player who I can see having a good run. Tabern 66/1 2 pts e.w Placed in this event two years ago before losing to Bates but now a far more established player on TV. He has played solid darts on TV for a good couple of years with a host of last 16s and the odd QF in TV tournaments since that Bolton run in 2006 and that along with some very good results on the floor has moved Tabern up the rankings and deservedly so. His last TV performance was a good one when he just lost to Taylor at the Worlds in a deciding set and if he would have won that match he may well have gone very close in that World Championship. He also has good recnt form by winning a players event in Wigan. Another player who similarly to the likes of Burgess, Walsh, Bates, Van der Voort in the past, can have another good run in Bolton at a fair price. Jones 150/1 1 pt e.w Wayne Jones is another player who has some form at Bolton, he reached a QF a couple of years ago and once again he fits the mould of a big priced player, unfancied by many, who perform well here. He has performed respectably on TV events at times, he beat Hankey with a great comeback in the 2002 Worlds that put him in the qf, nearly did something similar to Lewis in 2007 and has also competed in most of the major TV tournaments with credit although his highlight would be his run to the semis in the 2006 Worlds. That showed what he can do at times and how tough a player he can be to beat with his solid type of play (ie loads of 100s/140s not really loads of 180s.) Also has some fair recent form on the floor with a final defeat to taylor in a players championship event.

Re: Darts - 2008 UK Open i picking people who are below the level where they should be but defiantly have the potential to be top 4 players and have all got big results vs the big stars they are TERRY JENKINS COLIN OSBOURNE WAYNE MARDLE if you are on betfair i also like the lay of phil taylor, he is in great form but in this competition could have to face all his rivals in a row. i know it can work the other way round and he got easy ties but i would take him this price for stan james matchplay not for the fa cup of darts though lay is my option although he is in terrific form

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.