4th in the Guineas => 1st in the Derby

Or so the saying goes. Always been a myth and I've always believe that the Guineas being a great Derby trial is also one of racing myths. Since 1993, 26 horses that figured prominently (top 9 finish) in the 2000 Guineas went on to run in the Derby. Of those 26: 1 won (4%) 7 were placed (27%) Six 2000 Guineas winners have run - 0/6 winners, 1/6 placed Five 2000 Guineas runners-up have run - 1/5 winner, 1/5 placed Three 2000 Guineas 3rd's have run - 0/3 winners, 2/3 placed Three 2000 Guineas 4th's have run - 0/3 winners, 0/3 placed Nine 2000 Guineas 5th-9th's have run - 0/9 winners, 3/9 placed I'm sure most of you know all these but, here are where the last 14 winners run on their start prior to the Derby: Dante (x5) Derrinstown (x3) Dee Stakes (x2) 2000 Guineas Lingfield Derby trial 2yo Maiden 2yo Listed (3 placers were Derrinstown and 6 placers were Dante). After all this I'm probably backing something that run in the French Guineas LTO. :lol But it is that sort of Derby.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.