Windsor Mon 02/06

Re: Windsor Mon 02/06

SportHorse Racing
Event800 Windsor
SelectionPrime Defender (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date02/06/2008
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 10.00 (Back)
ReasoningGood form in Listed Grade so will appreciate the drop in class. Has had excuses for a few of his recent performances.

SportHorse Racing
Event830 Windsor
SelectionPorthole
Strength10/10
Date02/06/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.63 (Back)
ReasoningThe form of his debut run is working out really well with the race producing several winners and that looks like the best form on offer here.

Re: Windsor Mon 02/06 8.00 Sonny Red needs a bit of cut in the ground to be effective. Ignore last time out on a very fast surface. Ryan Moore takes the ride & although the horse hasnt won over the distance yet, I am taking a small bet it will. Backable at an EW price just, around 6/1.

Re: Windsor Mon 02/06 8.00 Windsor The three beaten horses to take out of the Duke Of York stakes for me were US Ranger, Balthazar's Gift and Hoh Mike. Two of them run here and I believe the winner will come from this pair. Trying to work out which isn't easy.

• Hoh Mike finished 1.75l infront of Balthazar's Gift.
  • Balthazar's Gift had the worse of the draw, despite being drawn centre Jimmy Fortune chose to come stands side - all runners drawn stand side were at a huge disadavantage. Only US Ranger beat him on the stands side.
  • York would've suited Balthazar's Gift more than it would've Hoh Mike.
  • Balthazar's Gift had already had a pipe-opener this season, Hoh Mike was first time out.
  • Hoh Mike loves Windsor (form 211), his best form is on stiff tracks so the he too could be better than the form LTO at York.

A lot in Hoh Mike's favour there, however I just can't forget how well Balthazar's Gift run from a poor position at York. How disadvantaged those stands' sides runners actually were is the key to working this out. It's impossible to tell at the minute so I've decided to play both runners. They, and Sonny Red, are probably just outside the top bracket when it comes down the country's sprinters but this should be a great opportunity for one of them. I'm just edging towards Hoh Mike due to his course form and win/ratio so staked; Hoh Mike 60% 3.85 Balthazar's Gift 40% 3.8 9.00 Windsor Rose Row and Multicultural are two horses I've backed already this season and I still think they have a bit more to offer. The latter disappointed me LTO but is well handicapped on early form last season and I'll give him one more chance, just hope the ground isn't too soft for him. Rose Row has another race in her off her mark of 65 I'm sure. Closely weighted with Spring Dream but I expect her to improve for the booking of Ryan Moore (replacing Hayley Turner). I'm very opinionated regarding the pair at the minute, I think one is riding better than ever, while the other is riding at their worst. Granted she is probably 1.5pts shorter due to the booking but on current form I'm happy to swallow that cut. Will stake 60/40 in favour of Rose Row, 5.5 and 9.4 currently on betfair.

Re: Windsor Mon 02/06 Sonny Red 8.00 Windsor (EACH WAY) Good Luck Bowles, I also really fancy this. Moore won on it in a listed race early in its career. It has some fine placed efforts in Gp3 races, was 2nd in a listed race this March at Doncaster on good to soft then won on soft at a lower class. Ground suits tonight, Moore is top class and hard to see this being out of the first 3. Currently 7-1 and great ew bet in my opinion.

8.00 Windsor The three beaten horses to take out of the Duke Of York stakes for me were US Ranger, Balthazar's Gift and Hoh Mike. Two of them run here and I believe the winner will come from this pair. Trying to work out which isn't easy.
  • Hoh Mike finished 1.75l infront of Balthazar's Gift.
  • Balthazar's Gift had the worse of the draw, despite being drawn centre Jimmy Fortune chose to come stands side - all runners drawn stand side were at a huge disadavantage. Only US Ranger beat him on the stands side.
  • York would've suited Balthazar's Gift more than it would've Hoh Mike.
  • Balthazar's Gift had already had a pipe-opener this season, Hoh Mike was first time out.
  • Hoh Mike loves Windsor (form 211), his best form is on stiff tracks so the he too could be better than the form LTO at York.

A lot in Hoh Mike's favour there, however I just can't forget how well Balthazar's Gift run from a poor position at York. How disadvantaged those stands' sides runners actually were is the key to working this out. It's impossible to tell at the minute so I've decided to play both runners. They, and Sonny Red, are probably just outside the top bracket when it comes down the country's sprinters but this should be a great opportunity for one of them. I'm just edging towards Hoh Mike due to his course form and win/ratio so staked; Hoh Mike 60% 3.85 Balthazar's Gift 40% 3.8 9.00 Windsor Rose Row and Multicultural are two horses I've backed already this season and I still think they have a bit more to offer. The latter disappointed me LTO but is well handicapped on early form last season and I'll give him one more chance, just hope the ground isn't too soft for him. Rose Row has another race in her off her mark of 65 I'm sure. Closely weighted with Spring Dream but I expect her to improve for the booking of Ryan Moore (replacing Hayley Turner). I'm very opinionated regarding the pair at the minute, I think one is riding better than ever, while the other is riding at their worst. Granted she is probably 1.5pts shorter due to the booking but on current form I'm happy to swallow that cut. Will stake 60/40 in favour of Rose Row, 5.5 and 9.4 currently on betfair.

well done Billy, 2 winners

SportHorse Racing
Event830 Windsor
SelectionPorthole
Strength10/10
Date02/06/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.63 (Back)
ReasoningThe form of his debut run is working out really well with the race producing several winners and that looks like the best form on offer here.
sneaked that one in also AK:ok