Sandown 29/05/08

6.10 Sandown Despite looking potentially well handicapped I opposed Punjabi LTO with Mad Rush who was an unlucky loser. Even if Mad Rush would've beaten Punjabi it still would've been a decent run from the hurdler as Mad Rush himself was fairly treated and they pulled a mile clear of the remainder. Therefore whatever way you look at it, Punjabi is still fairly treated here carrying a penalty. However, with his price likely to be around 4/5, he ain't for me. I've backed Trans Siberian on every start this season, believing he was a well handicapped horse. He pulled his chances away on his both two starts but he travelled like a dream last time up and went on to win. He was actually upped in trip LTO so I was expecting him to pull again, as he didn't I'm hoping the habit has been kicked. Krugerrand is well weighted on old form and looked to be coming back into form LTO at Windsor. Novikov ran a shocker FTO this year but improved LTO to finish 7th behind Bankable. Wore a tongue-tie then and is now tried with blinkers also. Worth keeping an eye on as he showed promise last season. I would think he is running out of time with his powerful stable though. Will stake 50% Trans Siberian, 30% each on Krugerrand and 20% on Novikov. Will have the 4-horse combos with Punjabi.

Re: Sandown 29/05/08 Finlly a decent enough card to get involved in with 2 Group races & 2 listed events. Used to be part of the bank holiday card but now relegated to a Thursday night. Got a day off today so hoping to get some time today to go through each race in turn. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.