Uttoxeter ~ Sunday 25th

Just been going through the card and quietly fancy a few on Sunday so I thought i'd stick em up here to be embarrassed later! I expect the ground to soften a touch if the rain comes and plenty of NR's so the races may have a different look by lunchtime but as it stands; 2.10 I've always liked Petrovka's attitude to racing, goes from the off and tries her heart out, came back after a 3 month break last week, didnt get the lead and wasnt 100% fit and was pulled up. Much sharper this time, wont mind the ground either way and looks sure to be there coming for home and a sound EW bet (or place only bet). 2.45 This one looks a nightmare and probably best left alone but one that caught my eye last time was Barati, although it was a seller I thought it was a run with something else in mind, might be wrong. This horse was highly tried last year, running at Ascot and Cheltenham, then went chasing which didnt suit and has come back over hurdles with his sights lowered somewhat, at around 16/1 could be one to watch out for. 3.15 The fav looks a class above these so we are looking for a decent price for a place, Ashwell Lad looks to have more scope than most here, forget his last run, over reached at the first and Richard Johnson spent the next mile looking down as though something was wrong, he then pulled him up! Anyway another one that wont mind the ground changing and usually jumps well, Paddy Brennan takes over and I expect a decent run at around 14/1. 3.50 A race with not much in the way of progressive types and which ever way I look at this I cant get away from the Ex Irish Mango Catcher (nap). Much improved over fences lately and is 9lbs at least better off than his chase mark (even more with the jockeys allowance). The stable have done well with this one and are pretty shrewd at placing their horses. I know its a dangerous game backing well handicapped chasers in hurdle races but this one just looks the type to be versatile as he has a high cruising speed, again wont mind if the ground softens a touch. 4.25 Love sellers and this one has a few talented horses that are not running well at all like One Nation, Xellance and Colourful Life. One verteran that is in form is old Redemption, definitely has the class and form to win this doing cartwheels and will be backed accordingly but one at a bigger price is another horse trained by Roger Curtis, Deoraoicht. This one is also Ex Irish and has now had a couple of runs in this country, ran well over 2m 4f last time but is crying out for this trip and is one of the very few that has potential, with question marks over many this one looks a solid EW bet.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.