Haydock 22/5/08

3.35 Majeen - this one is by Rock of Gibraltar so has a good pedigree. Been well backed on two of its three career runs, last season, when registering a couple of decent second placed efforts over this trip, so market support would be noteworthy. Trainer in decent enough form with 6 winners from 24 in last two weeks.

Re: Haydock 22/5/08 3.00 Haydock I backed Bukit Tinngi once or twice last season and thought he was a well handicapped horse. His run behind Double Banded proves so. I think he threw away a few races last year and he was certain to be gelded over the winter. That could've done the job as he looked much more genuine when I backed him LTO. He went clear to be caught on the line by Red Wine, no disgrace as the winner comes there like a Derby winner on his day. 3lb higher but I will continue to give him chances as I'm 100% sure there is a race in him and he might be the kind to go on once he has his head in front. Plane Painter looked to be coming into form LTO. Hill Billy Rock was a horse I planned to follow last season but suffered a pelvic injury and missed the whole year as a result. Come back and proved he still has potential with three good runs. Connections still like him and believe he has recovered fully. Has gone up 4lb for his last win, but still well handicapped on that 3yo form. His future winning relies solely on how much the injury as affected his ability. The moment, it seems it hasn't. Bukit Tinggi is around 5/2 on betfair and Hill Billy Rock around 4/1. Will stake 70/30 in favour of the former.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.