Gaelic Football Championship (Sun 25.05.2008)

-- 25.05.08 (Sun) -- Connacht Senior Football Championship Ruislip 2.30pm London v Sligo Referee: Cormac Reilly (An Mhí) Munster Senior Football Championship Fermoy 3.30pm Limerick v Tipperary Referee: Rory Hickey (An Clár) Ennis 3.30pm Waterford v Clare Referee: Aidan Mangan (Ciarraí) Ulster Senior Football Championship Enniskillen 4.00pm Fermanagh v Monaghan Live RTE 2 & BBC 2 Referee: Derek Fahy (An Longfort)

Re: Gaelic Football Championship (Sun 25.05.2008) Not much to say Paul... Sligo will beat London but odds of 1/100 at PP are well off the mark. The handicap gives London 13.5 points so thats where I'll be looking for my second bet of the weekend. Limerick should use home advantage to overcome Tipperary but at 8/15 they are too short and I wont be touching that one. Fermanagh and Monaghan sees Monaghan as favourites but I have a feeling Fermanagh may have something to say about that. Pushed, Id go for Fermanagh straight win @ 7/4 but I wont be having a bet on it. My main bet will be the clash of Clare v Waterford. PP go 5/6 for Waterford with a two point start and thats where my main bet of the weekend lies. Waterford have been far from poor despite their low Div 4 league status. They beat Clare 1-13 to 0-10 in Waterford during the league and after seeing Clare's 0-03 to 1-13 defeat to Antrim and then their 0-13 to 1-07 defeat to Tipperary, I feel Clare have nothing to offer the championship. This one is all about the chance for a day out in Killarney sunshine but nothing else. I expect Waterford to win but bordering on the safe by taking a 2 point start. This would mean Clare neeeding to reverse form by 8 points. That shouldnt happen!!!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.