** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Toulon U20 Tournament

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament

Well' date=' it's a farce, Not sure what can come after the break, but looks like a red is on its way from this card-happy ref. Only no books offer odds on that, not even the usual market @ BF in sight:([/quote'] Good call fella, shame there wasnt a market on betfair!! Some of the refereeing has been very non league for sure, why do they let them loose at these tournaments? Oh well lets see how 10 v 9 goes!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament How is the game going other than the card happy ref? Is it still an open game or both teams happy to play out for the draw? I only knew about the red cards through Betfairs live score service.

How is the game going other than the card happy ref? Is it still an open game or both teams happy to play out for the draw? I only knew about the red cards through Betfairs live score service.
Italy just scored good goal from outside area 2-1. It all kicked off in the crowd too according to the commentators!! Turkey played well though, think its between Italy, Chile & Turkey which is best team, Italians look well organised whereas Chile look full of flair.Turks a bit temperamental!!

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament Well, 2-1 Italy, even though 10 men against 9 it was a fluke rather than a deserved victory. The Turks looked more dangerous even with just 9 men on the pitch. The ref and his linesmen were from Scotland, btw. Wonder if anyone lets them do a league game at home - hopefully not any more even in this tournament.;)

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament Well, on to tomorrow Chile v Japan (5.30 GMT) France v Netherlands at the same time Not sure which game will be televised or if ES2 will have the other one. I won't be able to watch them anyway. Also, both are pretty meaningless, Chile and Japan already through, the other two out. Maybe France will hope to win at least once at home - and the Dutch are a perfect opponent in this case as they are easily the poorest side of the tournament, while France rather got a full spate of bad luck so far;) The odds on France (the market not formed yet) look to be pretty sweet;)

i have gone with over 2.5 2.00 in Turkey/Italy. Mainly due to both looking good on offense' date=' although it was inferior competition, in they're last matches. I don't believe one team will keep a clean sheet and hopefully we see 3goals:hope.[/quote'] Good call fella :ok were you shouting at the Italians to score at the end? I managed to lock in 18pounds profit on that one
  • Italy 2-1 :ok
  • HT Italy FT Italy :ok

As tulenos said tomorrows matches dont mean anything as far as the competition goes. Who knows what teams the coaches will pick I think Chile will beat Japan & have already backed them at 2.12 on betfair, i think that is a good price. Think i will leave the other match well alone as it could be anything as both teams fairly poor.

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament In a rush so just shortly Backed France to beat awful Netherlands Laid HT draw in the above match Backed HT draw in the other match Won't watch as I'm leaving so will be grateful for any observations, esp. from the Chile match;)

In a rush so just shortly Backed HT draw in the other match Won't watch as I'm leaving so will be grateful for any observations, esp. from the Chile match;)
Well done fella HT 0-0 Chile match! :ok Japan started strongly & knocked Chile off their stride in first 20mins Chile finished half the slightly stronger team but neither team really looked like scoring very much a midfield battle both teams nullifying each other. Cant watch second half so any comments greatfully received :) Dont know wots happened in the other match

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament Chile won 2-0. Didnt see second half though. Locked in about £25 profit from doing my usual correct scores & backed HT draw FT Chile :ok Also backed Chile to win yesterday as stated in last nites thread! :ok Roll on the next lot of fixtures!! :) Last time i looked France were losing 1-0 to Netherlands !! ouch!! Not sure how it finished up though.

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament Todays match was Italy - US. Final score 2-0 to Italy. Fairly predictable result, didnt se the match but managed to lock in a massive £10 profit from correct score ! :ok Did anyone see the Ivory Coast - Turkey match or know the result? Any news greatfully received! :)

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament Well, Kozzin Benson - please, try to post your bets before KO. You usually do it, but today looks like after-eventing. Anyway, quite surprise that Cote d'Ivoire destroyed Turkey 4-0 and got through to the semis.

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament The semis will be held on Tueday evening/night, the first one @ Eurosport 2, the other one on Eurosport 1 Chile v Cote d'Ivoire Italy v Japan Looks like a tricky set of matches, expect Chile and Italy to be favs and Chile looks to face an easier task - the Ivorian match was not televised earlier today, but Turkey must have collapsed mentally, I believe. Italy will face the task to break admittedly the best organised defence in the tourney and not sure if they are good enough to do so. Will chew the matches on a little more.;)

Well, Kozzin Benson - please, try to post your bets before KO. You usually do it, but today looks like after-eventing.
Apologies tulenos i just left some bets unmatched in betfair & wasnt able to check them until the game had finished, i didnt want to post anything on here as i wasnt sure which bets had gone on. The Ivory Coast result was a real shock, i had Turkey down on paper to win that 1! Think it will be Italy - Chile in the final. Like yourself i will have a long hard think about things before tuesday!

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament Well, for the early match I've gone for Chile to win @ 2.02 @ BF and laid the 0-0 @ HT. I will do the opposite the in the late match (lay the fav, back draw @ HT). We'll see. All based on what I've seen so far.:)

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament Chile - Ivory Coast IMO Chile will win this.I will do the following all small stakes on BF.

• Chile 1-0,2-0.2-1,3-1
  • 0-0,1-1
  • HT Draw FT Chile
  • HT Draw FT Ivory Coast (as cover)

IMO Italy will overcome Japan so would look to do the same kind of bets but probably wont back 3-1 as i think it will be a closer match. Good Luck Tulenos! ;)

and laid the 0-0 @ HT. I will do the opposite the in the late match (lay the fav, back draw @ HT). We'll see. All based on what I've seen so far.:)
Wow wot a good first half very entertaining! Well done on the lay Tulenos! :ok Lets hope for a good second half & Chile to win! ;)

Chile - Ivory Coast IMO Chile will win this.I will do the following all small stakes on BF.
  • Chile 1-0,2-0.2-1,3-1
  • 0-0,1-1
  • HT Draw FT Chile
  • HT Draw FT Ivory Coast (as cover)

Final score Chile 2 - 1 Ivory Coast Managed to lock in about 25 pounds profit there :ok I got the correct score & HT/FT :ok Italy to win the second semi final IMO.Bets as follows.

• Italy 1-0,2-0,2-1,3-0,3-1
  • HT Draw FT Italy
  • HT Draw FT Draw
  • Japan to win @ 6.6 BF as cover for above correct scores.

Good Luck! ;)

Italy to win the second semi final IMO.Bets as follows.

• Italy 1-0,2-0,2-1,3-0,3-1
  • HT Draw FT Italy
  • HT Draw FT Draw
  • Japan to win @ 6.6 BF as cover for above correct scores.Good Luck! ;)

Italy won on pens after match was 0-0 I managed to lock in 14pounds profit from HT/FT Draw :ok Italy - Chile in the final on thursday i think. First opinions i think Italy should win but it will be very close as both teams like to get the ball down & pass it & technically are very skillfull. Other opinions welcome! :)

I'm seriously thinking about over 2.5 in today's final. Both teams are strong in offensive and I expect open game tonight. Opinions are:welcome.
do you see ever that italia played open in final? I think it will be under 1:1 or 0:1 for italia:gimme

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament Afternoon all. Well its the final already, how time flys!! I think Italy will sneak this one in 90mins but could quite easily go to pens. I dont think there will be many goals though as both teams may be a little scared to throw the winning chance away. I will go with the following bets.

• Italy 1-0,2-0,2-1
  • 0-0,1-1 cover
  • HT Draw FT Italy
  • HT Draw FT Draw
  • HT Chile FT Chile (as cover)
  • HT Chile FT Chile (as cover)

These bets have stood me quite well throughout the tournament! ;) Good luck all ! :)

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament Kozzin, how do you think about Ivory Coast against Japan? I think the game will go Under 2.5 goals as neither team seems particularly prolific in front of goal. Would you agree with my prediction?

Re: Toulon U20 Tournament BEWARE Anyone who didn't watch the 3rd place game and is gonna bet (blindly) on the final should know that it's not raining but pouring down in Toulon and the pitch is irregular, not almost, but definitely - still I believe the final will go ahead. The middle of the pitch in particular is covered not wil milimetres, but centimetres of water and the only way to pass the ball is through the air. This means Chile will defo lose a lot of their flair as they pass the ball on the ground most of the time. The over in the earlier match was also due to the terrible conditions, especially the equaliser by Cote d'Ivorie in injury time. The wether is also the reason why over 2.5 goals has risen so much - to 2.6.

Kozzin' date=' how do you think about Ivory Coast against Japan? I think the game will go Under 2.5 goals as neither team seems particularly prolific in front of goal. Would you agree with my prediction?[/quote'] DJ - I think it will finish 2-2 with Ivory Coast equalising in injury time!!! ;) Apologies i didnt read your post in time! Thanks for the info on the weather tulenos i didnt see any of the first match. Good Luck everyone! ;)

BEWARE Anyone who didn't watch the 3rd place game and is gonna bet (blindly) on the final should know that it's not raining but pouring down in Toulon and the pitch is irregular, not almost, but definitely - still I believe the final will go ahead. The middle of the pitch in particular is covered not wil milimetres, but centimetres of water and the only way to pass the ball is through the air. This means Chile will defo lose a lot of their flair as they pass the ball on the ground most of the time. The over in the earlier match was also due to the terrible conditions, especially the equaliser by Cote d'Ivorie in injury time. The wether is also the reason why over 2.5 goals has risen so much - to 2.6.
Has the final been postponed or delayed? Just noticed its not on eurosport & suspended on BF.