Best bet of the day 14th May

2.10 York Concentrating on horses that have had a run so far, the last 9 winners had ran at least once before in the season & 8 of those had ran 1 or 2 times. Again the last 9 winners have started 10/1 or less so we narrow the field down to: Dubai Dynamo (9/1) Generous Thought (3/1) Kaldoun Kingdom (10/1) Meydan princess (9/2) Swift gift (12/1 currently) 3 of these Dubai Dynamo, Meydan Princess & Swift gift met last time at Newmarket on 4th May. All 3 are possible winners of this race, dubai dynamo appeared unlucky in that race, & Meydan Princess, typical late run just fell short. Spencer was not hard on Generous Thought last time out when narrowly beaten into 2nd place behind last weeks Chester winner Huzzah & looks the one to beat. Will take a chance on an EW bet on Paul Cole's Dubai Dynamo @ a generous 9/1 >Paddy power

Re: Best bet of the day 14th May York 2.40 Lush Lashes 1 pt win. Good race on paper, promising types and ones with the form in the book to speak such as this one to some extent. won first up in the million sales race and that is some achievement first up, shows some real class. got lost in the mud first up this year but bounced back in the guineas with a very eye catching run. Initially unable to go with the early speed, she stayed on relentlessly at the highest level to be a closing fifth and right on the outside which generally wasnt the place to be that meeting, she ran that day like the extra distance will really suit, she could be an oaks horse and the 10f looks a good starting point. Has the more proven established form in the race.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th May 2.40 York - LUSH LASHES (1pt Win) 6th in the Guineas is by far the best form on offer and was staying on very stoutly that day suggesting the extra 2 furlongs will suit here. Fast ground is key for this horse and with most of the others still plenty to prove, it could pay to stick with the proven class in this race.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th May York 3:10 Soldier's Tale British Leg of The Global Sprint Challenge winner last year. Offers a good price for reappearance. Can go well from such a long break, finished 3rd of 17 in 2007 after not raced from 2005. May '04 to May '05 break was good for a win on his handicap debut. Trainer is in very good form going into today having won 4 of last 8. 5pts ew @ 9-1 Paddy Power

Re: Best bet of the day 14th May 4.30: Exeter: Ocean Du Moulin Encountered fast ground last week for first time in chasing/hurdling career and destroyed a decent yardstick in the odds on The Sliotar. This ground obviously major factor in this horses improvement therefore taken to follow up again today at the main expense of Mister Gloss from the Philip Hobbs yard. Nicholls only runners today and Ruby Walsh's only booking. WIN :hope

Re: Best bet of the day 14th May 2.10 Meydan Princess Unlucky not to win last time against Slugger O toole where she seemed full of running. She goes off the same mark today over the same distance,due to go up 3lb in future and has Johnny Murtagh on board instead of Frank.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th May 640 Perth: Buffy 1pt win Taking on Artless the odds on fav here, no particular negatives for him although the trainer had a few beaten fav's the other day. I've been waiting for Buffy to run ever since his run at Ayr behind La Vecchia Scuola, i watched the race a few times and put this one in the notebook for when the ground was better, he wasnt really put in the race and wasnt given a hard time by the jockey either. First and Fourth in that race have won since. Graham Lee takes over who has won on him over course and distance and thats a big plus as the horse can be a bit quirky. If the fav is a bit special then fair enough but at around 9/2 I reckon this a fair bet.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th May 2.10 York - Dubai Dynamo E/W Race is competitive as fcuk, but I will take my chance with this runner, who was absolutely cruising last time and didn't get a clear run. Stayed on strongly to finish 5th and can definitely at least place today.

Re: Best bet of the day 14th May 3-55 York Birkside - each way Won a few petty races last year and climbed the ranks to handicapping, but is 7 pounds lower than when he won last time, and if he races up with the leaders has a great chance of winning. Sounds daft, but a low draw helps over this distance and he's okay on that score. Not many horses come from behind at York so I hope he gets up there sharpish from the start. Good luck to all :ok

Re: Best bet of the day 14th May GOOD OLD DAYS 8.40 PERTH..(1.0 WIN)...I backed this one LTO and it performed badly but the jockey never really got serious with it.Tonight it has to carry a few pound less and I will give it another chance.Priced at around 11/2..:ok

Re: Best bet of the day 14th May 7.00 Bath Miss Firefly is the best in with the weights as she would be giving most of these weight if it were a handicap. If you take into account the 7lb claim from the rider (who is riding ok) then she is even better weighted. She has run ok in a maiden and handicap so far this season and this is a lot easier than those two tasks. Her 2yo form however gives her an even bigger chance. She was thought good enough to run a Class 2 nursery (won by Royal Confidence), she was well beaten granted but none of her rivals have faced such stiff competition. Her other 6f 2yo form is well above claiming class. She is obviously flattered by some of that as she hasn't progressed as well as some of her previous rivals but she cannot be ignored in this grade. Dangers are Valhillen and Flying Indian (see Bath thread). Miss Firefly - E/W

Re: Best bet of the day 14th May

3-55 York Birkside - each way Won a few petty races last year and climbed the ranks to handicapping, but is 7 pounds lower than when he won last time, and if he races up with the leaders has a great chance of winning. Sounds daft, but a low draw helps over this distance and he's okay on that score. Not many horses come from behind at York so I hope he gets up there sharpish from the start. Good luck to all :ok
Cracking winner there mate. :)