Best Bet Of The Day - Sat 10/05/08

TRIBE 3.20 Ascot. 0.5 points each way. Needs to find a bit more on the bare form of things, but was progressing up until hitting a brick wall and losing the plot. God knows what went wrong then (maybe nothing), but I'm willing to ignore his come-back run last time and if he can improve for that run and get back to progressing like he was, then he does appear to be on a decent mark for this race. He's been dropped another 3lb to race off a mark of 72, and 'if' he can find a little more on that progressive form of May/June 06, and his win in Aug 07 (where he proved he can go well after a break) then he could go very well today. Goes on the ground and the trip's fine, so I just hope the loss of form has a 'fair enough' reason behind it, and we get a good run at a big price.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sat 10/05/08 200 Haydock : Blue Bajan EW The Swinton is a very competative hurdle race but a couple stand out for me in this seasons race. I like Katies Tuitor a lot, suffered an 8lb rise for her win at Cheltenham and that just puts me off although i'm sure she will be thereabouts. Blue Bajan I have liked all season and I think he has been unlucky not to win a nice prize, second last time at Aintree was a good effort and convinced me that the ground is the key to this horse and it will be perfect today. His only problem has been his jumping but does it much better on decent ground, has a high cruising speed which is a must in this large field and also has a turn of foot for the long run in, ex flat horses do well here i believe. Decent value available due to the Tony Martin runner, that one hasnt raced for a while so happy to take it on, it may be thrown in at the weights which is why i'm going EW but wouldnt want to be backing it at a short price in a race of this nature.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.