Haydock 10/05/08

Swinton Hurdle is always an interesting race being the first major handicap hurdle of the season & normally run on fast ground. Will be looking at Leg Spinner after it pulled out of Cheltenham due to the easy ground. I was given good advice on this animal before cheltenham that the trainer thinks it could even run in a champion hurdle albeit thats probably passed it by now as a 7yo. Now that Walsh is on it, will be a warm order but hopefully still get around 5's.

Re: Haydock 10/05/08 200 Haydock : Blue Bajan EW The Swinton is a very competative hurdle race but a couple stand out for me in this seasons race. I like Katies Tuitor a lot, suffered an 8lb rise for her win at Cheltenham and that just puts me off although i'm sure she will be thereabouts. Blue Bajan I have liked all season and I think he has been unlucky not to win a nice prize, second last time at Aintree was a good effort and convinced me that the ground is the key to this horse and it will be perfect today. His only problem has been his jumping but does it much better on decent ground, has a high cruising speed which is a must in this large field and also has a turn of foot for the long run in, ex flat horses do well here i believe. Decent value available due to the Tony Martin runner, that one hasnt raced for a while so happy to take it on, it may be thrown in at the weights which is why i'm going EW but wouldnt want to be backing it at a short price in a race of this nature.

Re: Haydock 10/05/08 Haydock 2.00

Border Castle EW (25/1 Betfred) CD winner who was in good form when last seen, winning a Grade 2 at Ayr under this jockey. Up against some decent horses in Group Captain and Leg Spinner here but worth a punt at a massive price.

Re: Haydock 10/05/08 agree with you there AK :ok Katies Tutor 2.00 Haydock 5 year olds have won 5 of the last 6 renewls of this race. An 8lb rise for his success at Cheltenham and a slight step up in class but he could run well at a decent price (14/1). Very consistant over 2 miles with conditions to suit.

Re: Haydock 10/05/08 Off to Haydock shortly so just a quick pick through the card for me, with:- 1.25 VERY COOL (7/1) - In great form, has from top combo here. Stable has this race sewn up so must be a cracking EW bet 2.00 CHANTACO (16/1) - Decent horse on the flat and has Geraghty on board here. Handicap debut but EW claims in an open race. Also like the look of KATIES TUITOR for EW money 2.30 MY TURN NOW (5/2) - High class hurdler and, if taking to fences, will be hard to stop. 3.00 INDIAN TRAIL (11/1) - Looks a poor race and going to chance this horse returning to form at EW price. 3.30 SWEET SMILE (6/1) - Stable has good record fto and that should be enough here. 4.00 DESERT CLOVER (20/1) - Massive EW price for one that has a good mark and has form to recommend. Trip too far lto and previous to that, won its side of the race. 4.30 BECKERMET (10/1) - Another nice EW price for one with decent form especially under this jockey. Looked to be coming to hand lto.

Re: Haydock 10/05/08 4.30 Diamond Tycoon 15 pts 4/1 var bog. Has some questions to answer after lto when over further, he pulled drastically on his way to the start and then again during the race before being tailed off on the a/w. Returning to turf today, his first turf start for over a year and a drop to 7f, a chance is taken on his form. If he is in the form of his maiden win over Lucarno and Pipedreamer and many more from the maiden of 2007 and even his Guineas run when arguably didnt get home, then clear chance at a trip that should enable him to go flat out which maybe the key.

Re: Haydock 10/05/08 OK, not much time today 2.00 GROUP CAPTAIN A cracking horse and was a decent performer on the level. Has done well over timber, and was well fancied for the Triumph Hurdle. He always runs his race and the presence of Border Castle means he gets in off of a decent weight. His age is a worry, but I think his class could see him go close at 14/1. 3.30 DANIDH DUBAI This looks an interesting maiden, but it doesn't look as if there might be any superstars hiding within the field. When we look towards the horses with experience, Mick Channons horse catches the eye. She ran a decent race in a decent Newmarket maiden, and has clearly got some talent. She drops down in class today and should come on for that Newmarket run. At 7/1, she looks a good bet.

Re: Haydock 10/05/08

200 Haydock : Blue Bajan EW The Swinton is a very competative hurdle race but a couple stand out for me in this seasons race. I like Katies Tuitor a lot, suffered an 8lb rise for her win at Cheltenham and that just puts me off although i'm sure she will be thereabouts. Blue Bajan I have liked all season and I think he has been unlucky not to win a nice prize, second last time at Aintree was a good effort and convinced me that the ground is the key to this horse and it will be perfect today. His only problem has been his jumping but does it much better on decent ground, has a high cruising speed which is a must in this large field and also has a turn of foot for the long run in, ex flat horses do well here i believe. Decent value available due to the Tony Martin runner, that one hasnt raced for a while so happy to take it on, it may be thrown in at the weights which is why i'm going EW but wouldnt want to be backing it at a short price in a race of this nature.
Nice one mate, backed this, good stuff, cheers! :ok

Re: Haydock 10/05/08 Thanks Christo, Trainer confirmed afterwards the ground WAS the key, you need a speed horse at Haydock despite people thinking its just a stamina track. Shame about the SP but much bigger last night, it was never a 8/1 shot.

Re: Haydock 10/05/08 nice one billyhills, i backed it as well as Leg Spinner as the race needs a fast type , & its flat form swayed it for me. Leg Spinner will never win over this distance & i should have known that! I got 7's about 30 mins before the race, so they must have backed it a bit on course.

OK, not much time today 2.00 GROUP CAPTAIN A cracking horse and was a decent performer on the level. Has done well over timber, and was well fancied for the Triumph Hurdle. He always runs his race and the presence of Border Castle means he gets in off of a decent weight. His age is a worry, but I think his class could see him go close at 14/1. 3.30 DANIDH DUBAI :nana:nana This looks an interesting maiden, but it doesn't look as if there might be any superstars hiding within the field. When we look towards the horses with experience, Mick Channons horse catches the eye. She ran a decent race in a decent Newmarket maiden, and has clearly got some talent. She drops down in class today and should come on for that Newmarket run. At 7/1, she looks a good bet.
1st @ 9/2

200 Haydock : Blue Bajan EW The Swinton is a very competative hurdle race but a couple stand out for me in this seasons race. I like Katies Tuitor a lot, suffered an 8lb rise for her win at Cheltenham and that just puts me off although i'm sure she will be thereabouts. Blue Bajan I have liked all season and I think he has been unlucky not to win a nice prize, second last time at Aintree was a good effort and convinced me that the ground is the key to this horse and it will be perfect today. His only problem has been his jumping but does it much better on decent ground, has a high cruising speed which is a must in this large field and also has a turn of foot for the long run in, ex flat horses do well here i believe. Decent value available due to the Tony Martin runner, that one hasnt raced for a while so happy to take it on, it may be thrown in at the weights which is why i'm going EW but wouldnt want to be backing it at a short price in a race of this nature.
:clap:clap Cracking tipping mate.