Best bet of the day 8th May 2008

3.15 Chester looked at this 3yo race & the draw will no doubt come into play again on this tight track. Eastern Gift, Royalist & Green Wadi trainers all have + signs in the profit column for 3yo's at the track. What surprises me is the early prices on the race with green Wadi priced at 16/1 & Eastern Gift priced at 20/1. Both are low drawn but the difference between the 2 in form is quite significant. Green Wadi has struggled along in Class 4 & 5 maidens failing to win any of them over 8f. Will stay further so surprised to see it at this trip. Eastern Gift on the other hand looks value at 20/1 based on the following: Won here over the distance in September with a pillar to post victory over Bellomi (franked form with a win next time out & then ran in a newmarket grp3 7th of 8 beaten 7L). Next time out was a 0.5L 2nd to Meeriss at goodwood in a listed contest, & with Meeriss puting up a good show at Newm at the weekend behind Khanduhar run, that form looks decent. Peformed poorly on reappearance in the Easter stakes at Kempton however i will choose to ignore the AW outing. Hannon has a decent record here with 3yo's & showing a nice profit. There are plently of reputations on the line here with these 3yo's & the race will surely produce more winners in the future. EW Eastern Gift

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 Chester 2.15 Maraheel WIN The selection has won this race for three years in a row and is bidding for an unprecedented fourth success in the race. Maraheel is a genuine Group 1 performer and should have the experience to get through this. Multidimensional still has a bit to prove since his reappearance so we'll go with the jolly here.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 Good 3.35 Royal Premier 1 pt win Was a good winner for me lto and planning to do exactly what he did last year tomorrow (win at yarm and follow up in this race.) Looks to have a good chance to do just that, c&d winner, handles the ground well and offically well in despite penalty tomorrow, won with a bit of ease too lto, claimer gets on well with him and good chance with lots going for him in this pretty lowly level.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 235 Newton Abbot : Green Prospect 1pt win Just a claimer but Jim Best doesnt make many mistakes when assessing these races, battled on well last time to win a class 4 conditional race, some horses with fair form in behind like Thistle and Avant Gardiste, that reads very well in the context of this moderate affair. Trainer had a winner in the seller today and keeps in good form, the ground will be perfect and the step up in trip shouldnt pose any probs in this class. Second fav is a Bowen horse, i cant have his horses at the moment and Share My Dream and Reidwil look the likely dangers, the former wants it softer and the latter is a moody horse who needs everything to fall just right, which it doesnt very often. Will be fairly short i imagine but should win barring accidents.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 CHESTER 4.35 FATHSTA E/W Form is 6,1,1,1,5,2,2,1,5,2 Ran well on sunday at sailsbury,finished 2nd, only dangers are sweet kiss & legal eagle. L Keniry has had 9 starts 4 wins 2 placed (2nd's) with this horse. Last time they were both here they won in Aug 07, same distance today as well. Average of a 50% place rate. Just got to get past J Spencer on Sweet Kiss as he has a tendancy to hold others up. Dont think the gate draw will be a problem here. :hope

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 3.05 Newton Abbott Sir Harry Cool - E/W I backed this one LTO at 10/1 and it looked like the likely winner 2f out before clipping the leaders heels and sending the jockey to to the turf - It went in the notebook and don't want to let it pass. Attempts the same trip today, and if dealing with the ground, could go close.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 2.45 Chester - PAMPAS CAT (1pt Win) Very impressive first time out when dotting up at The Craven Meeting in a decent looking maiden. The 2nd from that race (Daraahem) won easily here yesterday and Checklow has also came out of the race and scored since. It looked an above average maiden and considering this fella won it by 5 lengths, he looks a decent animal. He looks the value in this at around 4/1 in my opinion.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 2:45 Chester PAMPAS CAT (1pt Win) Pampas Cat could not have been any more impressive on his debut at Newmarket Led over a furlong out and went clear to score by five lengths from a clutch of well-touted contenders Last outing suggests a couple more furlongs in the Chester Vase will be ideal. :hope

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 2.45 chester VIVALDI stable now in top form after having a winner hear yesterday in sail, aidan has but a pace maker in the race so that suggests he is really looking to win this. one main danger is pampas cat but i think my selection can beat it. 0.5 e/w :ok

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 6.50 Wincanton: Colorado Pearl Reappearance run in March was over an unsuitable trip therefore no surprise this one didn't figure. Only chase win came in December over this trip and had a couple of consistent 115 rated rivals behind that day (3rd place won from 115 in March). Has been eased 3lb in the weights after poor showing on reappearance and on ground that suits and back over more suitable trip, it would be no surprise to see the reappearance form left behind today. Trainer won this race 4 times in last 6 years and is firing in the winners - I think the selection is terrific value at best current price 7/1. WIN :hope

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 my best bet of the day would be pampas cat 245 chest. won his debut and open to improve any amount. will need to step up at least a little, but could be anything and well worth following after that debut win.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 3.15 (Class 2)

Despite having 9 runs at two Huzzah proved at Newbury that he is far from exposed and perhaps has improved over the winter. Although I believe he was lucky to beat the 2nd, who would surely turn the tables off levels even, it was a warm race and he found a bit of form to reverse placing with some of his 2yo rivals. Pretty consistent, usually finishing high up in all races, beat 107 of his 137 rivals to date. Possibly overpriced but might find one or two too good.

We really know nothing about Wasan, his debut maiden form is ok and he bolted up in his first handicap. Difficult to know what he achieved that day and has a 14lb hike and a high draw to contend with. Can’t back him on guesswork at his price, although is an unknown quantity obviously.

Adversity drifted badly on his seasonal debut suggesting he may’ve needed the run. If that was the case then he probably done well to finish 2nd. I’m not convinced of the form of that though. The 4th, 5th and 8th have all disappointed in similar grade NTO and with a few unlucky in behind I doubt that run is good enough for him to take this. Owned by Alex Ferguson and all the United boys will no doubt be there tomorrow, knowing Fergie he will probably blame the stewards or clerk of the course, or someone if he gets beat. I backed him LTO and surprised that form isn't working out, worried about leaving him out here.

I liked the way Magnitude won on his debut as the stable’s runners usually come on for their debut outing. I backed him LTO, his first handicap start and he looked all over the winner before getting out-battled late on. I think inexperience beat him and he’ll know his job more today. This is harder without doubt but think Chester would suit his style and won around a bend on his debut.

Royalist ran in a fair maiden on his sole 2yo start. After being bang there for most of the race he weakened late on to finish 5th of 14. Let’s break the race down:

1st Shallal, rated 95

2nd Eastern Gift, (runs here) rated 93

3rd Dream Eater, won the big Doncaster 300k race, 5th in the 2000 Guineas.

4th Moynaham, beat Ingauzu Falls NTO, 6th in the 2000 Guineas.

5th Royalist

6th Paveroc, rated 93

7th Cigalas, only race once since.

8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th 13th are all have handicap marks in the 80s.

No wonder that Royalist won his 2nd start, his seasonal debut this year. He bolted up by over 3l despite pulling hard early on. The 2nd is rated 81 and as the fifth won off 74, you’d say the 81 rating the 2nd has to be pretty on the money.

Now given what I’ve just wrote about Royalist’s two races, how can the handicapper have given him a rating of just 85? It is a very kind mark, it would be too lenient even if it’s judged on the debut run. But with Royalist’s improvement then he could make a mockery of this rating and cannot be ignored, simple as. Plum draw too and has the pace to benefit from it, just hope he acts here.

Royalist - win

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 MYLO 3.45 Newton Abbot. 0.5 points each way. Can be a tough ride, but the right man on board in Mr McCoy. Has run well after a break in the past, so fitness shouldn't be a worry. The trip's fine, and the quickening ground wouldn't be a problem, so with being dropped to a mark of 99, which is 9lb lower than in his most recent runs, it's all there for him if he wants it?

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 4.35 Chester - Good Gorsoon Was very unlucky last time when denied a clear run and will appreciate the further furlong. Stable is starting to hit the winners big time and I think this one can run a big race if ridden closer to the pace.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008

Chester 2.15 Maraheel WIN The selection has won this race for three years in a row and is bidding for an unprecedented fourth success in the race. Maraheel is a genuine Group 1 performer and should have the experience to get through this. Multidimensional still has a bit to prove since his reappearance so we'll go with the jolly here.
Beaten a neck :wall

MYLO 3.45 Newton Abbot. 0.5 points each way. Can be a tough ride' date= but the right man on board in Mr McCoy. Has run well after a break in the past, so fitness shouldn't be a worry. The trip's fine, and the quickening ground wouldn't be a problem, so with being dropped to a mark of 99, which is 9lb lower than in his most recent runs, it's all there for him if he wants it?
Nice one mate, one of my favourite horses. Didnt fancy him too much today as it was a competitive race but I still backed him just in case :dude What a ride McCoy. Good tipping.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 Wetherby 7.30 Green Day Packer 1 pont Win Can handle ground Michael Murphy has taken 7lbs off his back should go well as long as he can stay away from mistakes also his near miss last time should boost his confidence.

6.50 Wincanton: Colorado Pearl Reappearance run in March was over an unsuitable trip therefore no surprise this one didn't figure. Only chase win came in December over this trip and had a couple of consistent 115 rated rivals behind that day (3rd place won from 115 in March). Has been eased 3lb in the weights after poor showing on reappearance and on ground that suits and back over more suitable trip, it would be no surprise to see the reappearance form left behind today. Trainer won this race 4 times in last 6 years and is firing in the winners - I think the selection is terrific value at best current price 7/1. WIN :hope
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Great stuff mate.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th May 2008 W8.30 Pourdel 0.5pt E/W Niven usually puts up a strong jockey when he fancies a horse and the fact that Graham Lee is on board is a tip in itself. The race lacks any real depth and this looks like a decent e/w bet to nothing.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Great stuff mate.
Cheers Stewart - been out all night with no access to results so was really chuffed to see I had a winner (for a change!) - glad it held it's price too, was worried it could tighten up and lose valuable points!! Ta :ok