eSport Champions League Schedule and Prizes

GaF

Re: eSport Champions League Schedule and Prizes Just to say that the times are exactly the same on the German version - so I presume that they are CET - that means they'll start an hour earlier for us than advertised.....

Re: eSport Champions League Schedule and Prizes No it's different ;)

Structure of the eSport-Poker Champions League Before the teams reach the knockout phase of the eSport-Poker Champions League, they must get through the group phase. Teams from all the national eSport Poker Leagues will be participating and fight for promotion into the final matches. A total of 100 teams will first be playing for a six-day long group phase. The group assignment will be determined by lot and announced before the eSport-Poker Champions League starts. This random assignment can only take place after the season is over, when all the national tournaments have finished and the team rankings in the league charts are finalized. There will be a total of ten groups, each starting with ten teams. At the end of the group phase, the five best teams in each group qualify to take part in the subsequent finals. Here, the best 50 teams will compete against each another in the quarter-finals, and only the best will make it to the semi-finals. Now the wheat is separated from the chaff, and only the ten best teams will proceed to fight for the title of European poker champion in the grand final.
I presume each group has its own set of tournaments, so these will now just be 10 seat STTs (in the initial group stage) :unsure

• 2 weeks later...

Re: eSport Champions League Schedule and Prizes

I wish they just gave the prize money away in one big freeroll' date=' instead of some league system that's more complicated than the Da Vinci Code.[/quote'] I'm pretty sure the complication of the league and the ways you qualify for each subsequent section is one of the reasons its failed (and will always struggle) to take off in Britain - (along with the initial poor promotion). A far simpler set up would IMO have worked better - plus backing from one of the major Poker Magazines - or national daily - would help.

Re: eSport Champions League Schedule and Prizes I actually quite like the format (if it's implemented properly). Obviously it's no good if it's not understood by the players, so communication of the concept is key.....

Re: eSport Champions League Schedule and Prizes It is obviously "loosely" based on the european football leagues, with each nation having its own league qualifiers going on to the champions league. In principle a great idea (imho), however it needs someone at the top to make (prompt) decisions when problems occur. Hopefully, all will be sorted BEFORE the start of the Champions League on Wednesday. :hope GL all.

Re: eSport Champions League Schedule and Prizes I'm glad its just not me - I can't find anything either. Though there is some stuff under events called Champions League 1 thru 6 (each with 6 games) that doesn't seem to start till the 28th May .... maybe they have put it back a week?????????

If you look at the German version' date=' you can see that the final is a two legged affair with the second leg on 16th July.[/quote'] So does mine...:tongue2 Also worth noting that all games start at 7:00 PM, not 8:00 as it was in league.

Re: eSport Champions League Schedule and Prizes From the German forum

Ahhaa, now I understood, as want to bend it. The teams from DE and UK will play 28,5. in the groups 1-6 starting from that, the teams from FRA and ESP starting from 11.6. in the groups 7-10. Very smartly - however fair? naja, you must know, how you make…
It seems that the French and Spanish teams will join at a later stage :unsure

From the German forum It seems that the French and Spanish teams will join at a later stage :unsure
How can they come later into the League? I thought that everybody started as onces!?

How can they come later into the League? I thought that everybody started as onces!?
I don't think the Spanish and French leagues are done yet. (In fact, they seem to only start this Thursday. I guess the top 10 after 4 rounds qualify for the CL?) If you look at their CL schedules, it says they play 4 rounds from 11.6. to 23.6. (presumably amongst themselves), and then presumably the qualifiers from the UK/GER and ESP/FRA group stages move on to the quarter finals, where we presumably finally get the "real" CL. :tongue2

Re: eSport Champions League Schedule and Prizes Just got this of the e-sport site. Looks like Sunday's game has been cancelled, with the rest of the group matches going back correspondingly. No reason given though. :unsure The schedule of the eSport-Poker Champions League

cl_dates_2_uk.jpg

Re: eSport Champions League Schedule and Prizes Posted on the German forum:

Hello, over the weekend the 4th play day was moved. That takes place now on 18.6. On Sunday is thus Germany free from play wink.gif Much success and much fun still, Jo eSport-Poker.com team
Nice of them to tell us!! It seems it's been cancelled to allow us all watch Germany in Euro2008 :wall :wall :wall :wall

Posted on the German forum: Nice of them to tell us!! It seems it's been cancelled to allow us all watch Germany in Euro2008 :wall :wall :wall :wall
:lol:lol:lol Well they're not going to cancel any to allow us to watch England are they?!! :lol

It seems it's been cancelled to allow us all watch Germany in Euro2008 :wall :wall :wall :wall
:lol Personally, I wouldn't have minded playing while watching TV. But the decision is understandable, since an awful lot of folks are gonna be spending the evening at fan fests, public viewing areas, pubs, etc. You're just bitter 'cause you Brits can't play football. :tongue2

Re: eSport Champions League Schedule and Prizes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_2008#Qualified_teams :tongue2 And if you insist on reminiscing... England england_1966.jpg Germany 015.jpg665098_w4.jpgweltmeister_1974.jpg8b842f3807.jpgklinsi.jpgHBsqE0sm_Pxgen_r_467xA.jpg ;) Btw., as unlikely as it may seem, I actually like England. So I was rather disappointed that they didn't qualify for 08. They actually played really well against Croatia, and probably deserved to win... but the damage was done earlier. Maybe that Italian guy can get them back on track. It's a mystery to me how a team with so many top players isn't amongst the world's elite. (It's pretty much the opposite for Germany - lots of fairly ordinary players, but they usually do well as a team.)