Charity Freeroll 26th June 2008 - 8PM BST Start

ColU_FC

Charity Freeroll 26th June 2008 - 8PM BST Start  

1. 1.

The next charity freeroll will be held on 26th June at 8pm. The charity donations will total 10% of the profits that ColU_FC, Mrs_ColU and runadrum have made in the period between 1st April 2007 and 23 June 2008, runadrum’s share excludes the £30,000 he won in Australia for which he has already played a £3,000 charity freeroll. Therefore, we can’t yet be precise about how much the charity donations will come to but as an indication - in the above period the ColUs have made a profit of £1,886.95 (yes I am an anorak) and runadrum has made a similar sum. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The tournament will be run on Poker Trillion. The ColUs contribution will be split in three and used to put a bounty on both of their and runadrum’s heads. Whoever knocks them out will have that sum donated to a charity of their choice. Should one of the bounties win the tournament then the bounty will go to their chosen charity. runadrum’s contribution will be used to make a donation to the charities chosen by those who finish in the top three spots.

Colin of Poker Trillion has been extremely helpful in agreeing to set up this tournament and has generously made available a prize pool of $100 to be competed for. The prize pool will be paid to those ending in the top 3 positions and will be for them to keep for themselves. For information, the emails between Colin and I are shown below.

This tournament is open to all PL members who joined up to and including yesterday (5th May 2008) who have made a contribution to PL of some significance. For example, a member who has only made a few posts all of which are concerned with eliciting freeroll passwords will not be considered to have made a significant contribution. I will make this judgement.

The tournament will be password protected. The password will be sent to all participants on the morning of 26th June.

If you would like to participate please vote in the poll above.

Emails Colin, I have a favour to ask of you. Over a year ago 3 of us on Punters Lounge promised to donate 10% of our profits to charities via a freeroll for PL members. You can find more details here: http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f17/charity-freeroll-30th-march-2008-9pm-bst-start-62249/ I want to host a charity freeroll on my birthday, 26 June 2008 at 8pm. Would you host it for us at Poker Trillion? It would be a game with $0 prize money since the three of us will be making donations directly to the winner's chosen charities so as to attract gift aid on top of the donation. There wouldn't be anything in it for Poker Trillion although I would hope you might get a few more PL members signing up with you. Of course, as a PLer yourself, you will also be most welcome to join in on behalf of your favourite charity. :-) Regards,

…………………………………..

Hi David,

We would be delighted to support this. We can even put $100 in the Freeroll for the winner, so there is something to play for.

If all is OK, let me know the exact times, starting chips, clock and password, and I will make it happen.

Cheers

…………………………..

Colin, That's brilliant, thank you. You are also very generous in offering the $100. Can I suggest it's $50 for 1st place, $30 for 2nd and $20 for 3rd? Regarding arrangements: Tournament name: PL Charity freeroll Game: NL Hold'em Date and time: Thursday 26 June 2008, 20:00 BST (19:00 GMT) Starting chips: 2,000 Clock: 10 minute blinds Password: TBA I hope you will be able to join us for this game. Lastly, with your permission, I would like to publish these emails on PL so that people there are aware of your generosity. Regards,

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Charity Freeroll 26th June 2008 - 8PM BST Start What a great gesture:clap:clap:clap:clap and it's on a Thursday so count me in:ok Just a good job it's not my profit's otherwise it would cost more to host the tourny:lol

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.