IIHF Ice hockey World Championships

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships What a game and what a finish:) Anyway, anyone looking for a small outlay bets should look @ BF - a perfect example was right now, Canada scored a winner (it showed later) with 46 seconds to go and was immediately matched at as low as 1.02:loon:eek:eek:eek - with 46 sec. to go - it later turned out that USA had a powerplay and played without a goalie, ie 6-4 effectively for full 31 seconds, which is really a long time in ice hockey. Well, some punters are just crazy;)

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships Slovenia-Latvia Under 5.5 goals 2.12@Pinnacle Slovenia has scored 2 goals against USA and Canada while Latvia is yet to score in this tournament. Ofc they've played against good teams but Latvia for example have fired 54 shots so far and haven't scored yet and I think this is a small indication that they're missing goal scorers in their team. Slovenia on the other hand has been outshot badly but still managed to get a couple of goals from their star player Anze Kopitar who plays for the Los Angeles Kings. Apart from this both teams has solid goaltenders in Robert Kristan and 39 year old Sergej Naumovs. Hopefully they can keep the score down. I see the under option as a small favourite in this case and 2.12 is well worth to take imo!

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships Czechz-5.0 2.12@Pinnacle 5/10 Game about to start...I'll put a bet, although smaller on this one. Third game and I'm impressed by the czechs so far. They played really good against Russia and could well have won it. 2nd goalie in net today, but i don't think that will matter. Italy are the 2nd weakest team after France in this tournament. I think they could win this by 7-8 goals if they are motivated...what do you think Tulenos?

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships 00:41 1-0 Cze:ok 1-1 shot directly from a face off in the offensive zone....come on you 2nd goalie......... 2-1 Italy............. God...2-2...Over would have been a better option

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships wow...that 5-2 goal was something special. Hopefully I can get at least a push now. 2-0 Latvia now. Hopefully the Under will work in that one....time for bed now, Good night 6-2 :)

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships A slight mistake on SJ's part - three goals in the third priced up @ 1.80, while over 10.5 goals, which is the same, available @ 2.00 - have had some of the latter as the Italians are completely done - the second period was one-way traffic and they are lucky to be down by four goals only.

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships A good day yesterday with two wins and a push for me. Hopefully I can continue like this;) First game today is Sweden-Switzerland. Looks like a no bet game right now. I expect Sweden to win, but the odds is too short imo. Over perhaps, but i don't get any strong feeling about this one. I think Finland has been made too strong favourites against Slovakia. Maybe some kind of +hcp bet on Slovakia. Belarus will most certainly beat France, but I don't know if I like the prices given there either. Germany should also beat norway imo, but as overall this round, the price isn't too impressive. I'll be back later!

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships Germany-1.5 1.95@Pinnacle I really liked what i saw from Germany in the game against Slovakia. Good defending and goaltending plus a great powerplay. Ofc, Norway also impressed by getting a point from finland. However Germany is the stronger side if you look at the rosters. If they play like they did against Slovakia i expect them to win quite easily. The line started out at -2, but now it's -1.5 and at 1.95 i think it's definately worth a shot. Sweden are really poor, but hopefully Doug Murray and Henrik Lundqvist will improve the squad and i think they will win tomorrow against Denmark. Notice that another game between two good temas (fin-slo) is looking to go over 5.5. 2-2 after the first. I think this is the way to go in the rest of the tournament!

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships Germany lost a 2-0 lead and lost 2-3. This result means that Norway is 2nd in this group and Slovakia will play best of 3 relegation matches against Slovenia. Huge surprise. Maybe Slovakia didn't look like one of the strongest teams but I definately expected them to go on to the next round and even the quarter finals.

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships Slovakia play very bad this year but i am happy about this because team Latvia have better chances to fight for the medals. 90% that they will win Norway and Germany. i will put some money on that games and i recommended that for you ;) sorry for my bad english

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships Sweden bounced back well and beat the danes 8-1. Solid performance. Canada-Norway 2-1. I watched the last half of the game and Canada seemed quite lame to me. Ofc Norwegian goalie Grotnes had a good day, but still, Canada is good enough to outscore Norway with more goals than one and the game winning goal came just 3 minutes from the end. Canada have to get a lot better to go deep in this tournament. Small bets on the over in Switzerland-Czechs and Germany+3 against USA.

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships It will be an interesting finish to group F tonight. The last quarterfinal spot is on stake and both Norway and Latvia have a chance of getting it. Norway will face off against USA, but I'm afraid, for the norwegians sake that how hard they will fight and how miraculous goalie Grotnes will play, they will still be on the losing end of that game. If this is the case, it opens up a great opportunity for the Latvians who later on will meet Germany, who have nothing to play for. My bet for tonight will be Latvia-0.5 2.18@Pinnacle. This is a huge price compared with the rest of the market. 1.91 is the second highest price i can find. This value of this bet depends somewhat of the result in the Norway-USA match, but I'm confident that the Americans will win and if this is the case, this bet is a great one, regardless of result. Germany started well in this tournament but the last 3 games has been a disaster with 3 losses and that's why they're still not in the race for the QFs. Latvia started slow but have two wins in their last three games against Slovenia and Norway and they only lost by one goal to the finns. They've been better and better and tonight I really expect them to win against an unmotivated German side. Did anyone see the Finns 1-2 goal yesterday. A pure scandal is what it is.... Nice to see Sweden winning against the czechs (sorry tulenos) but i have a feeling that the czechs will be much stronger in a QF and right now it seems as Sweden will be their opponent once again. Canada-Finland should be a good one. They both fight for top spot in their group and I'm sure both of them would be very satisfied with having to play Norway or Latvia in the QF instead of USA. I think I'll try the over in this one. Russia will most surely beat Switzerland but no odds make me really interested in that one. Possible over again i guess. Only pride at stake when Belarus and Denmark will play each other. Belarus is a better team but -2.5 isn't a very good line i think and after watching parts of Switzerlands hammering of Denmark (7-2) i'm not putting anymore money on them other. GL everyone!:hope

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships

Wednesday 14 May 2008Home Tie Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Sweden v Czech Republic (18:00BST)2.524.502.56100.97 %Details »
Hide « Sweden v Czech Republic
Canada v Norway (20:30BST)1.0434.0070.00100.52 %Details »
Hide « Canada v Norway
Russia v Switzerland (23:15BST)1.219.0013.50101.16 %Details »
Hide « Russia v Switzerland
USA v Finland (23:15BST)2.354.702.75100.19 %Details »

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships Time for the quarter finals! Here are some thoughts: Sweden - Czech Republic Lean: Sweden Sweden have a better goalkeeper and may have the upper hand after beating the Czechs earlier in the tournament. Sweden have a pretty physical team and will try to out-muscle the Czechs, but they can't afford too many penalties. Sweden has some good young players that have improved their game as the tournament has progressed. They will put the Czechs under a lot of pressure early on. Canada - Norway Lean: Canada -4,5 Norway seem quite content with having reached the quarter final stages (as they should be - well done!). The big question is how much of an effort the Canadians will put up. It's possible that they'll just score three or four goals and then take it easy, saving their energy for the next round. On the other hand, they're the home team and may look to make a big impression on the crowd. Russia - Switzerland Lean: Over 5,5 The Swiss are an up-and-coming hockey nation but a Russian team with some of the greatest stars in the game should be too much for them. If the Russians have a bad day in the tournament, as they often do, it's more likely to come in the next round. The Swiss will put up a spirited, well-disciplined fight though, and scored three in their earlier meeting with the mighty Russians (3-5). USA - Finland Lean: USA Look for the Americans to seek revenge for their last meeting, in which a refereeing mistake may have cost them victory (see above). Actually, I had expected more of this young and very talented Team USA, so I'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on this play. The Finns will always fight hard in the World Championships. Probably no play for me. GL! :hope :cheers

Re: IIHF Ice hockey World Championships Well, if anyone has missed it, Russia won the final with a pretty solid effort in the second half of the match - they got back from 2-4 to take the match into OT and scored in PP (after admittedly quite a controversial penatly to the Canadian team).