PokerPlayer Championship 2008 - Leg 4 Bristol 23 Aug - tickets on sale 15 Aug

runadrum

Details on PokerPlayer magazine website :- PokerPlayer Championships 2008 PPC 2008 For the first time ever PokerPlayer is coming to a town near you! We’re hitting the road so don’t miss out! How do you fancy being crowned PokerPlayer Champion 2008, taking home thousands of pounds for your efforts on the baize, and pocketing a swanky trophy plus seat to the Grosvenor UK Poker Tour Grand Final worth £3,000? That’s what’s on offer as we hit the road for the inaugural PokerPlayer Championships, a series of juiced live events exclusively for PokerPlayer readers. We’ll be in attendance at every event, watching over proceedings, and making sure the best of the action makes it into the magazine. It’s guaranteed to be the friendliest, best value series of tournaments this side of poker heaven. The 2008 PPC consists of five regional tournaments, with a £50 (plus £3.50 booking fee) buy-in, and a grand final for the five winners and two online qualifiers. Win any of these tournaments and you’ll pocket the lion’s share of the £5,000 guaranteed prize pool, along with a stunning trophy to show your grandkids and a seat at a future leg of the Grosvenor UK Poker Tour, worth £1,060. You’ll also progress to the sevenhanded live final where you’ll play for a £2,500 prize pool and a seat at the GUKPT Grand Final, courtesy of BlueSquarePoker.com. Of course, we’ll also follow your progress in the GUKPT final, and (hopefully) chronicle your historic victory in these pages. BUY YOUR SEAT ONLINE EVENT 1 Grosvenor Bolton, Saturday 7 June at 2pm Seats go on sale Friday 30 May at 6pm A URL will appear (on the PP Website) allowing you to purchase your seat. You can pre-register for the tournaments online, but each is limited to 100 runners, and tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. GET INVOLVED! All tournaments are £50 (plus £3.50 booking fee) buy-in events, with a maximum of 100 runners and a guaranteed prize pool of £5,000, plus a GUKPT seat for the winner. All tables will have professional dealers. The five winners from each of the events will progress through to the grand final, to play for £2,500 and a GUKPT final seat worth £3,150. You can also qualify for the final online – details will be announced in a future issue. Event 2 Grosvenor Walsall, Saturday 5 July Event 3 Grosvenor Newcastle, Saturday 2 August Event 4 Grosvenor Bristol, Saturday 23 August Event 5 Grosvenor Brighton, Saturday 13 September Grand Final Grosvenor Victoria, London, Saturday 18 October

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gazza271

Re: PokerPlayer Championship 2008

bump 9 days to go before sale starts, anyone planning on going?
yep, I'm gonna try for the Vic and Brighton :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: PokerPlayer Championship 2008 .

This is the first leg of the PokerPlayer Championships 2008. The tournament will start promptly at 2pm and anyone not in their seats at this time will be blinded away. The tournament is a £5,000 guaranteed NLHE event with a GUKPT seat (worth £1,060) added. The winner will also progress to the final where he/she will play for £2,500 and a GUKPT grand final seat worth £3,150. IMPORTANT: You can buy up to four seats per billing address. TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE at 6PM ON MAY 30th

Re: PokerPlayer Championship 2008 - Bolton Tickets Booking Now - GUKPT Added Value Just bought my seat 2nte! Was surprised it wasn't sold out yet, do we think it's gona reach its 100 capacity? :unsure If not, will there still be a £5k prize pool?! :unsure

Re: PokerPlayer Championship 2008 - Bolton Tickets Booking Now - GUKPT Added Value KNEW THERE WAS A SEAT ADDED TO EACH TOURNEY TOO.... The 2008 PPC consists of five regional tournaments, with a £50 (plus £3.50 booking fee) buy-in, and a grand final for the five winners and two online qualifiers. Win any of these tournaments and you’ll pocket the lion’s share of the £5,000 guaranteed prize pool, along with a stunning trophy to show your grandkids and a seat at a future leg of the Grosvenor UK Poker Tour, worth £1,060. You’ll also progress to the sevenhanded live final where you’ll play for a £2,500 prize pool and a seat at the GUKPT Grand Final, courtesy of BlueSquarePoker.com. Of course, we’ll also follow your progress in the GUKPT final, and (hopefully) chronicle your historic victory in these pages

Re: PokerPlayer Championship 2008 - Bolton Tickets Booking Now - GUKPT Added Value Hi all Glad to see you all got tickets. I think we're going to reach capacity (there were 8 seats left this morning) but even if we didn't the prize pool would be guaranteed and the GUKPT seat still added. I'll be up there on Saturday, nursing a hangover, and watching with envy from the rail. See you there, Dave

Re: PokerPlayer Championship 2008 - Bolton Tickets Booking Now - GUKPT Added Value

Hi all Glad to see you all got tickets. I think we're going to reach capacity (there were 8 seats left this morning) but even if we didn't the prize pool would be guaranteed and the GUKPT seat still added. I'll be up there on Saturday, nursing a hangover, and watching with envy from the rail. See you there, Dave
Nice 1 Dave! :ok Got my mag on Saturday too, tis a good read! :ok Will see you on Saturday! :cheers

Re: PokerPlayer Championship 2008 - Bolton Tickets Booking Now - GUKPT Added Value Hi all, We've sent out an email requesting player's names for the PP Championships in Bolton on Saturday. If you bought a ticket(s) could you email me the name(s) of the player(s)? If you've already replied to the email, ignore this. It's just to get as many people registered in advance as possible to save time on the day. [email protected] See you all there on Saturday, Dave

Re: PokerPlayer Championship 2008 - Bolton Tickets Booking Now - GUKPT Added Value Hi Morl, We've banned ourselves from playing unfortunately. I didn't think it would look good if we set up a value tournament and then announced in the mag, 'and the winner of the first PokerPlayer Championship and the GUKPT seat is... me!' (Even though the chances of that happening are as remote as Jerry Yang winning the Main Event again.) And the Hilly tour was just a case of lack of dates. We've got five of these and five of Hilly's tournaments and we've got to fit them all around our deadlines. Still, bust out of Bolton and you'll be able to tear across (up? down?) to Harrogate in time for the evening. See you Saturday, Dave

Re: PokerPlayer Championship 2008 - Bolton Tickets Booking Now - GUKPT Added Value

See you Saturday, Dave
Looking forward to it Dave I've sent you an email as it would be useful to have details of earliest and latest registration times, latest time a player can sit down and the starting stack / blind levels if possible. Cheers Duncan :ok

Hi Morl, We've banned ourselves from playing unfortunately. I didn't think it would look good if we set up a value tournament and then announced in the mag, 'and the winner of the first PokerPlayer Championship and the GUKPT seat is... me!' (Even though the chances of that happening are as remote as Jerry Yang winning the Main Event again.) And the Hilly tour was just a case of lack of dates. We've got five of these and five of Hilly's tournaments and we've got to fit them all around our deadlines. Still, bust out of Bolton and you'll be able to tear across (up? down?) to Harrogate in time for the evening. See you Saturday, Dave
Yeah may just do that haha! See ya Saturday Dave:cheers