Darts: Premier League Week 13

Thursday 24 April 2008Player 1 Tie Player 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Lewis v Manley (19:40BST)2.005.802.87102%Details »
Hide « Lewis v Manley
Mardle v Taylor (20:15BST)14.009.501.18102%Details »
Hide « Mardle v Taylor
van Barneveld v Wade (21:00BST)2.585.602.25101%Details »
Hide « van Barneveld v Wade
Jenkins v Part (21:45BST)2.285.602.52101%Details »
Belfast plays host to the darts bandwagon this week. I'll go with 2 bets. 10pts A.Lewis to beat P.Manley Evs Sportingbet I'm taking a bit of a risk here playing with the draw but this is a massive match for both Lewis and Manley. Since his demolition by Taylor and Wade on the same night 3 weeks ago, Lewis hasn't played badly. He was a bit unlucky against Barney last week in that he outscored him in every leg but missed doubles. The missed doubles weren't really bad darts, they were all on the wire but I guess if they don't go in they are bad darts! Manley has been ultra consistent in this tournament but if Lewis is outscoring Barney then he's surely going to outscore Peter Manley. Manley is sure to play all the tricks but Lewis should be used to that by now. Lewis should've won the reverse fixture but missed 3 darts for an 8-5 win. I can't see lightning striking twice though and expect Lewis to win this one. 10pts R.Barneveld vs J.Wade - Over 5.5 180's 8/11 Bet365 These two are both heavy 180 scorers as we know and I can't help but think this line looks a little bit low. When these two met in week 5 there were 7 maximums and there's nothing to suggest we won't see a repeat here. The match looks sure to go 13 or 14 legs which automatically gives us a good chance of seeing 6 180's and with two heavy scorers slugging it out I think the overs look a good thing here.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 13 Manley DNB 13/8 10 pts Very important game and going with the steadier player imo at the bigger price without the draw which I think is potentially very much on the cards. Of the two players Lewis is the more talented imo but continually as i have spoken of before, he is inconsistent. This league has shown it yet again, he has put in a couple of really good performances against Jenkins and Part yet other weeks he has looked ordinary with far too often missing doubles for fun. Last week another clear cut example, outscored Barney but couldnt hit the doubles and his missed doubles have cost him other games in this league (manley, wade, part and even taylor in week 2.) Of course all dart players miss doubles at times but it seems to occur to Lewis more than most. There is always a chance that Lewis has one of those nights that he has sometimes, where he hits his doubles, combined with his heavy scoring and takes his opponent apart which he can do but Id rather side against him and watch and applaud him if he did it. In Manley he plays an opponent who thrives on taking advantage of mistakes by his opponent as he has done on often to Lewis in fact. Manley has been pretty solid all through the competition, indeed a couple of weeks he has been much better than that (Taylor, Jenkins) and he is a master of taking opportunities when draws/qualification spots open up and he sees an opportunity here and will want to win this match, at worst a draw, knowing he has the inform Taylor in the last week. Wade DNB 4/5 10 pts The danger here is that Wade may take his foot of the gas as he is already through (Barney is too though) but knowing that he will want that top spot to avoid Barney in the semis should keep him motivated and he is playing the better darts of the pair. Barney has been erratic all through the league, in particular he is not scoring like he can do and the fact he is constantly changing his darts suggests he is unhappy. he may have beaten Lewis last week but that was mainly due to Lewis blowing his chances, Wade is unlikely to be as forgiven. Barney did beat Wade early on in the league but that was a slightly under par Wade, since then he has only lost to Taylor which is no disgrace and put up some good performances and wins (4 100+ averages.) Part 11/10 DNB 10 pts Very ticky game with Part out of it and the out of form Jenkins needing a win badly. However of the two, despite Part being bottom of the league, I consider Part to be in the slightly better form. He nowhere near his World championship form but last week he played very well in defeat to Taylor for the second time in the league, he averaged over 103, which even considering for the slightly inflated average due to Taylor's awesome performance which meant Part's average was mainly a scoring average, is still very good and it compares much better to Jenkins who drew a much lower standard of game to Mardle. Indeed jenkins hasnt won since he beat Part in week 5 which indicates the lack of recent form, recent results on the floor where he used to be so good have been lacklustre too. Part won a similar type of dead game in the first league to Lloyd in the first premier league and possibly being that touch more relaxed, can do so again with the draw covering options. Peter Manley v Adrian Lewis 8-3 @ 14/1 8-5 @ 8/1 Wayne Mardle v Phil Taylor 8-2 @ 5/1 8-4 @ 9/2 Raymond van Barneveld v James Wade 8-4 @ 9/1 8-6 @ 11/2 Terry Jenkins v John Part 8-4 @ 9/1 8-6 @ 6/1.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.