Punchestown 23/04

3.40 GALIENT from Hendersons stable went into my notebook following a facile win LTO. The form may not be much but this was a decent flat peformer & interesting that Henderson brings it here. McCoy rides. The one i would be against is Siegemaster who may prefer more cut & is now 7 which is against the trends for the arace as 5/6yo have won all previous races (6 runnings)

Re: Punchestown 23/04 3.05 Temlett 7.5 pts e.w Followed this horse a bit and a little bit disappointed in truth. Following a good win on the flat in the ulster derby on good ground, high hopes expected over hurdles and a bar one impressive making all win a tad disappointing, ran with some credit and a few group 2s, even at a stretch the TH when well beaten ahead of market rival though. However the ground maybe might just be the key, can go on softer as showed on only hurdle win but generally good ground is prefered as shown on flat with ulster derby win, ground today at the minute is good although showers may change that. If it is good I really fancy its chances, softer less confident but giving it another go either way especially with mullins/walsh. 4.15 Neptune Collonges 15 pts Won this race last year in good style and can do so again having improved since last year. That was shown with third in gold cup, ran a blinder that day and whilst some perhaps slightly harsh critics say its presence to KS and D, knocks the form a touch I would rather give the improving grey the credit, before that won well giving loads of weight in handicap going right handed, first run at chelt this season was probably needed and blighted by big mistake. Arguably goes better right handed and Puch. track suits, goes on good as shown last year in the race and with a bit of cut too. Mossbank is respected and the main danger, originally I thought it was flattered to be so close to Denman in slow slow race but showed its ability behind Our Vic when given too much to do imo. 4.50 One Cool Cookie 7.5 pts e.w Top of the handicap but running two pounds lower than mark lto and more importantly running at more suitable 2 and a half miles trip. Lto at 2m it just kept on at one pace and looking at its form its best runs have been at this trip when being prominent, grade 1 win over Schindlers Hunt (at that horses ideal trip imo) reads well, has other bits of graded form, which the improving odeipe who looks one of the biggest dangers doesnt have yet and yet only four pounds lower. Goes on good ground well although a little bit of cut no real issue, place claims at least. 5.25 Corskeagh Royale 15 pts Cousin Vinny may have won the chelt. bumper and possibly good value for that as it won despite being very green. However this one in second was eye catching. From a fairway back it made good late progress into second but left with just a bit too much too do, two previous wins before that, trainer flying and seems to target the race, every chance of reversing the form.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.