Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday

520 Possol : 1pt win Pretty good race this with four to consider, you cant get away from the level of form that the fav Possol brings into the race, 3rd at the festival and then a close second to Oslot last time out. Henry Daly has his horses running well and knows whats required to win around here. Of the dangers, Tramantino just makes too many mistakes at the wrong times for me, La Grand Villez fell last time and Alan King hasnt had a winner in his last 30 runners, Muhtenbar from the Henrietta Knight stable has had 13 goes and has yet to win and might need a soft race to open his account, this isnt that.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday FOR LIFE 3.25 Folkestone. LAY. (Racing Post F/C 3-1). Form figures look frightening, but looking deeper and at this 5f trip with the weights, it does look a tough ask. Deent jckey taking 5lb off, but she hasbeen anyhow, and with several live dangers who appear better suited by the trip and weights, it's a lay for me. Should show good speed early and give us a scare, but then the weights shold kick in and at least one or two should be too good. I started another thread BH, so can you delete it in your moderating fashion??

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday 2.40 Southwell. Shot To Fame. Lay. (Racing Post SP 3/1). Has the back form to win this well, but not the force of old and in what seems dramatic decline at the moment. Not the biggest surprise to see him boune back, but did look poor last time and out of love with the game. Several live dangers give us ammuntion against him, so at 3/1 it's a lay much more than a play for mine. If he goes and wins, then fair play to him.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday Folkestone 4.00 Lupita 1 point win. Im not one usually to go for horses coming over from ireland but winning his last outing and jockey booking a plu,s i think michael hills can bring this 4 year old home not a bad rise in the weights and the horses he is up against dont seem to be firing on all cylinders.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday 1.35 Southwell - Piccolo Pete I am going to cheat on my favorite jump racing today, but I think this one is way ahead of the handicapper. Was screaming for a clear run lto when narrowly beaten over C&D. 4lbs up in the weights, but I think the horse has improved and can definitely take this race.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday 3.25 Folkestone - Spanish Ace - 0.5 EW Only 7 runners, so not a natural EW bet........but there does look to be a 'good thing' in the race in Hereford Boy and the selection is the outsider of the field at about 12/1.........I think it's quarter odds, so 3/1 to finish first or second............ Spanish Ace looks fairly handicapped having won twice off this mark of 75. He's since been up in the 80s and unable to win. Back to 75 gives him a chance. The clincher tho' is that he's won first time out for the last 2 seasons and is a course and distance winner. I reckon four of his rivals are too high in the weights and another needs further than five furlongs, leaving just the two..........the good thing and the EW selection.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday Punch 3.40 Twist Magic 1 pt win Clearly something went wrong here because after its Tingle Creek emphatic thrashing of VPU it looked a QMCC winner. Even before that it was extremely promising as a novice with a good win at ain (Fair Along well behind) and possibly unlucky in arkle when travelling very well. Blew up at asc having travelled quite well in what was attributed to be a defeat due to the ground, in the qmcc never went a yard so to back it here after a few poor runs requires a bit of faith but im not convinced by some of the rivals (fair along needs a trip, arguably too does schindlers hunt, mansony out of form) and I guess you have to trust nicholls' judgement that it is back to some kind of form on ground which although not its fav. lightening quick shouldnt be a huge problem.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday 3.25 Folkestone: Corridor Creeper WIN It could be deemed madness picking a Milton Bradley horse as a best bet of the day considering the form the stable is in at the moment. Although 11yrs old now, Corridor Creeper displayed enough on it's seasonal reappearance to show it could easily pick up one of these. Current rating of 79 gives it a great chance if retaining any of it's previous form - won from 108 under 2yrs ago but competed well from marks as high as 98 last year. Has it all to do with Hereford Boy but every chance after having the cobwebs blown away on reappearance and with a positive jockey booking in Alan Munro.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday 3.25 Folkestone: Corridor Creeper WIN It could be deemed madness picking a Milton Bradley horse as a best bet of the day considering the form the stable is in at the moment. Although 11yrs old now, Corridor Creeper displayed enough on it's seasonal reappearance to show it could easily pick up one of these. Current rating of 79 gives it a great chance if retaining any of it's previous ability - won from 108 under 2yrs ago but competed well from marks as high as 98 last year. Has it all to do with Hereford Boy but every chance after having the cobwebs blown away on reappearance and with a positive jockey booking in Alan Munro - ideal trip and ground should pose no problem. :hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday Bath 6:45 Sugar Ray (BBOTD) Based on his efforts as a 3yo last year I think he will be capable enough to take an event like this. He won once, second once, and twice second from four starts last year - one start as a 2yo, 7 of 12. Jockey Ryan Moore is the best jockey to follow when backing runners owned by Philip Newton the past 5 seasons - 6/17, +15.15. 10pts win @ 6-5 Boylesports BOG

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday

Punch 3.40 Twist Magic 1 pt win Clearly something went wrong here because after its Tingle Creek emphatic thrashing of VPU it looked a QMCC winner. Even before that it was extremely promising as a novice with a good win at ain (Fair Along well behind) and possibly unlucky in arkle when travelling very well. Blew up at asc having travelled quite well in what was attributed to be a defeat due to the ground' date= in the qmcc never went a yard so to back it here after a few poor runs requires a bit of faith but im not convinced by some of the rivals (fair along needs a trip, arguably too does schindlers hunt, mansony out of form) and I guess you have to trust nicholls' judgement that it is back to some kind of form on ground which although not its fav. lightening quick shouldnt be a huge problem.
:ok :nana Well done mate, had a nice wedge (for me!) on that, and was swayed by your write up. Congrats.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday 6.15 Bath Kryptonite - E/W @ 8.00 (BOG) Fancy the son of Derby winner Kris Kin here. Won LTO on the AW at Wolverhampton and has gone OK at this trip on the Polytrack. Disappointed on his first 2 (and only 2) turf starts of his career but has posted decent speed figures on the AW recently and should be able to get enough room for a late sweep. A lot depends on whether he acts on the grass now he has a bit of experience, and admitedly, a chance is taken on this, but if firing, can go close.