• omaha pl
    • omaha limit
    • omaha hilo pl
    • omaha hilo limit
    • 7 card stud limit
    • 5 card stud limit
    • 5 card draw limit
    • no variants for me. i refuse to turn to the dark side

This week ,Thursday is the new friday:nana:nana:nana:nana As the poker calender looks a bit bare on thursday night ,gaf has asked me to move variant night to thursday:ok For those who haven't enjoyed fridays kinky format due to drinking commitments:beer:beerheres a rundown of what goes on. We play either 2/3/4 different variant games on private tables on ladbrokes. if we have up to 10 players we play 4 games ,played at 40 min intervals. if we have 10-20 players we play 3 games, played at 50 min intervals. over 20 players we have 2 games,played at hour intervals. the games will start at 8 pm and should be complete by around 11.30/12.you can play whichever games you wish ,one or all:ok the game details will be posted at 7 pm on thursday. each game is a $2.20 buy in with a 1000 chips(hopefully:lol)and 10 minute blinds(again hopefully). the list of possible games is. omaha pl omaha limit omaha hilo pl omaha hilo limit 7 card stud limit 5 card stud limit 5 card draw limit these games will be picked by poll ,but we will only play one of each variant.so if pl omaha and limit omaha both get a lot of votes, only the highest one will be played. bpp points will be awarded thus. if 2 games are played ,each game awards normal bpp points. if 3 games are played ,each game awards 66%bpp points. if 4 games are played ,each game awards 50%bpp points. so each night double bpp points are up for grabs :ok for any variant virgins out there, this is a great way to learn how to play and also have good laugh at the same time:loon. i have already put up a omaha/hilo or newbies thread in strategy, and i will try and do a stud thread tomorrow. These are only basic strategys, but should explain enough for somebody to get the basics and be able to compete and have enjoy themselves:) please vote in the poll for your game of choice:ok

Re: Thursday nights focus games

yeah theres a few bri:ok
no there is one and GaF found it :clap it has obviously been slipped in there this year by Harrahs to satisfy the bingo players in Vegas. GaF I'll meet you at the Rio cage 24th June where I will buy you into that event :ok

GaF I'll meet you at the Rio cage 24th June where I will buy you into that event :ok
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol So now it's a considered a world championship class event, are we allowed to play it? :tongue2 (Actually I dont care either way - I dont know enough about the game for it to make any difference to me....)

Re: Thursday nights focus games Pot limit you can bet up to the size of the Pot as it stands at the time you bet Limit, you can only bet a "Small Bet"(1xBB) to the flop (I think :unsure) and then a big bet(2xBB) on the Turn and River.... Pots are a lot lot smaller in Limit than Pot Limit.

Re: Thursday nights focus games Its replacing friday this week if you re-read post 1.:ok Some of us enjoy the variant night and as it is only 1 night a week dont think it's unreasonable.

Its bad enough we have to put up with this siht on a friday! :@ Now You taking over thursdays as well!!!!!!!!!! :\:\:\

Re: Thursday nights focus games limt is where your bet is fixed. so if the blinds are 25/50 so you can only raise 50 .once you get to the turn or 6th street the bet size doubles so in this case it would be 100. usually the bets are capped at 4 so only 4 bets total in each round,so the max bet possible preflop is 200 . because of this limit is a lot more of a drawing game because the bets cant get to big and the odds are in your favour to keep calling:ok pot limit means you can bet up to the value of the pot. so if the pot is 500 your max bet is that:okthis makes it a bit of a middle ground between limit and no limit. usually people tend to see a lot of flops because its unlikely big money will go in pre flop(although i see it fairly often on cash tables with re re raises etc:eek)this is crazy play in omaha as no hand is that much better than another pre flop;) i feel pl is better as it gives you more opportunity to outplay opponents and make the most of good hands,i find limit a bit robotic:zzz:zzz

Its replacing friday this week if you re-read post 1.:ok Some of us enjoy the variant night and as it is only 1 night a week dont think it's unreasonable.
find myself playing only about 30% holdem lately.playing freeby horse sngs on stars to learn the variants, cheapskate that I am.

i feel pl is better as it gives you more opportunity to outplay opponents and make the most of good hands,i find limit a bit robotic:zzz:zzz
Just shows the 'limit' of your skills mate :lol Limit is widely considered to be the most skilful variant. I couldn't see all the big game pro's clambering for a pot limit HORSE game :dude

Re: Thursday nights focus games Think prima network has some of the variant freerolls too mate might be worth a look for you:ok

find myself playing only about 30% holdem lately.playing freeby horse sngs on stars to learn the variants' date=' cheapskate that I am.[/quote']

Just shows the 'limit' of your skills mate :lol Limit is widely considered to be the most skilful variant. I couldn't see all the big game pro's clambering for a pot limit HORSE game :dude
nah i agree with stud games:okjust not omaha/hilo.

find myself playing only about 30% holdem lately.playing freeby horse sngs on stars to learn the variants' date=' cheapskate that I am.[/quote'] yeah decent variant tournaments are hard to find,let alone freerolls:eyesthats why i started playing cash instead. really your only decent choices are prima,laddies ,stars and tilt and with stars and tilt most of their games are based around US times and that means its a bit poor for evenings:wall. i recommend the $3horse and razz games on stars once you feel up to parting with a little cash:ok i was playing these regularly over xmas for some fun .they pay 20% of the field and the final table money is usually pretty good ,also they are usually full of fish:)

yeah decent variant tournaments are hard to find,let alone freerolls:eyesthats why i started playing cash instead. really your only decent choices are prima,laddies ,stars and tilt and with stars and tilt most of their games are based around US times and that means its a bit poor for evenings:wall. i recommend the $3horse and razz games on stars once you feel up to parting with a little cash:ok i was playing these regularly over xmas for some fun .they pay 20% of the field and the final table money is usually pretty good ,also they are usually full of fish:)
ta Uber, will take the plunge soon:ok

Re: Thursday nights focus games ok tonights rundown is: game1 8pm omaha hilo pl, $2.20 buy in 1000 chips 10 min blinds.i will set this up:ok game2 8.45 7 card stud limit ,$2.20 buy in 1000 chips 10 min blinds.could you set this up please strider:notworthy. game3 9.30 omaha pl ,$2.20 buy in 1000 chips 10 min blinds.could you set this one up please gaf:notworthy. as i said before you can play one or all,so any late comers please feel free to join:ok