Well Handicapped

Since I've starting looking at the gee-gees again in the last few months it's become apparent that I have no real idea of what constitues a well handicapped horse. My race study tends to concentrate on suitability of track, going, field size, race conditions etc.........but the thing that's missing is an assessment of the handicap. Soooooooooo...............:lol I've spent about 3 hours tonight looking at the big sprint handicap at Ponty tomorrow and have divided the runners into 3 groups as follows....... Too High & Exposed - Knot In Wood, Rising Shadow, Fayr Jag, Steenberg, Ice Planet, Skhilling Spirit, Distinctly Game, Bel Cantor High but Less Exposed - Genki, Damika, Ingleby Arch, Stevie Gee, High Curragh Fairly handicapped - Zomerlust, Turnkey The first group are horses that would have to run a career best but have already had lots of runs and which the handicapper should know all about and have enough info to handicap them to their ability. The second group are those that would need career best runs but are more lightly raced or have shown improvement in their last few runs. The third group are those who have already won off this kind of mark and only need to do again what they have already done before. I'm going to watch this race with interest tomorrow and see where they all finish............:dude If I was betting, which I'm not, I'd be backing Turnkey and Zomerlust against the field.........I have them as 'well handicapped' and all race conditions suit From the second group I would pick Damika as being most able to improve given todays race conditions, going, track, trip etc If any of the first group win, I'll have to have a re-think...........:spank I think what I'll do is study the result and try and see where i got it wrong from the 'handicapping' point of view..........a useful exercise !!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.